4-H Groups W-9 Checklist
A W-9 checklist for 4-H groups.
Does your 4-H group give out scholarships or do a fundraiser that includes prizes or awards? Does your 4-H group pay vendors or individuals? If yes, you need to be aware that the vendors, individuals and prizewinners may be responsible for paying taxes on that award, prize or payment if the value is $600 or more.
Be sure to submit to your 4-H program coordinator within 10 business days via mail or in person:
- Completed W-9
- Additional information (value, purpose, payer)
Does your 4-H group spending meet any of the below requirements?
- Door prize of $600 or more at a fundraising dinner (such as a saddle, trip or other prize).
- $600 or more sponsorship given directly to a youth to attend a 4-H or non-4-H event.
- $600 or more college scholarship given directly to a person (and not given to the financial institution).
- Single payment of $600 or more to a vendor (such as a judge, photographer, event help, etc.).
If yes – have the person receiving the payment/prize/award fill out a W-9 and information below:
- Amount/value of the single payment or award $_________
- Purpose of the single payment or award:
- Payer (group providing payment or award):
Find more information about 4-H financial procedures, see Financial Manual for 4-H Treasurers.