Although barley is a highly adaptable crop, it requires intensive management to reach a level of quality required for the malting process.
- Malting Barley Production in Michigan: A getting started guide to malting barley production, written and published by Michigan State University Extension. Includes guidance on planting, fertility, disease and pest management, markets, and cost of production (2014).
- Managing Fusarium head scab of malting barley
- Malting Barley Analysis Lab Options
- Malting barley seed sources:
- Michigan State University Variety Trial Data