Sheep & Goats
Michigan State University’s small ruminant Extension program supports the diverse needs of sheep and goat producers in the upper Midwest. Educational programming efforts focus on critical issues that affect all producers ranging from large commercial production to the small flock/herd owner.
January 27, 2015 | Julie Thelen | The Zoonotic Disease Educational Toolkits can be used in a variety of settings. Check out the list below for ten tips and tricks for this new resource!
January 26, 2015 | Julie Thelen | Use these four steps to help keep your 4-H animals healthy during the long Michigan winters.
January 23, 2015 | Jim Isleib | Evaluation of 2014 MSU Extension’s Beginning Farmer Webinar Series shows positive results.
January 16, 2015 | Melissa Elischer | The Michigan 4-H State Award is the highest honor a 4-H youth may receive. Learn more about the program and apply today!
January 14, 2015 | Mike Metzger | Sheep and goats are ideal livestock for small farms in Michigan. People interested in starting or expanding a small farm to produce any or all of the major sheep and goat products (fiber, meat, or milk), should attend this special day-long event.
December 31, 2014 | Joanne Davidhizar | The MSU Product Center is the go-to place for food, agriculture, bio-economy, and natural resources-based business counseling.
December 23, 2014 | Jeannine Schweihofer | There are resources available to help you select and prepare the perfect lamb dinner.
December 23, 2014 | Melissa Elischer | When you set out your milk and cookies for Santa, bake your ham, eat your vegetables and enjoy a holiday feast, be sure to thank the farmers that brought these products to your table.
December 22, 2014 | Jim Hilker | The MSU Farm Bill Analyzer helps farmers calculate Farm Bill decisions.
December 22, 2014 | Julie Thelen | 4-H veterinary science projects allow youth to combine their animal interest with practical application!
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: Feb 27, 2015 - Feb 28, 2015
Location: Kettunen Center, 14901 4-H Drive, Tustin, MI 49688
Date: Feb 28, 2015 - Mar 1, 2015
Location: Kettunen Center, 14901 4-H Drive, Tustin, MI, 49688
Date: Mar 14, 2015
Location: 474 S. Shaw Lane, East Lansing, MI 48824
- 4-H Goat Production & Management
- 4-H Sheep Production & Management
- 4-H Veterinary Science
- Agricultural Literacy
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Farm Bill
- Forage Management Program
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Conference
- Integrated Parasite Management Program for Small Ruminants
- Managing Animal Mortalities
- Michigan MarketMaker
- Michigan Shepherd’s Weekend
- Small Ruminant Birth Management Program
- Small Ruminant Field Days
- Tilling the Soil of Opportunity
- Animal Heat Stress Management
- Emerging Issues in Animal Agriculture
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Michigan 4-H Market Animal Project Record Book
- MSU Environmental Quality for Agriculture
- MSU Sheep Teaching & Research Center
- MSU’s Animal Welfare and Behavior Group
- Odor Management Plans
- Weather - Drought
- Zoonotic Disease