Sheep & Goats
Michigan State University’s small ruminant Extension program supports the diverse needs of sheep and goat producers in the upper Midwest. Educational programming efforts focus on critical issues that affect all producers ranging from large commercial production to the small flock/herd owner.
February 26, 2015 | Jim Isleib | Variety trials on agronomic crops of interest in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula provided useful information.
February 26, 2015 | Jim Isleib | A recent series of cover crop educational meetings and discussions brought interesting new ideas into consideration.
February 25, 2015 | Jerry Lindquist | Whether you chop it, bale it, or graze it, the 2015 Great Lakes Forage & Grazing Conference will broaden your knowledge of forages!
February 24, 2015 | Dr. Judy Marteniuk, DVM | Make sure you are taking the steps to keep your animals safe and healthy this winter.
February 19, 2015 | Julie Thelen | Wool, meat and milk are celebrated in February for National Lamb Month.
February 16, 2015 | Stan Moore | Upcoming Agriculture Labor and Farm Safety Meetings will be held in Bad Axe and Shepherd, Michigan.
February 10, 2015 | Phil Kaatz | The 2015 Great Lakes Forage and Grazing Conference on March 12 will discuss how using forages can build soil health.
February 3, 2015 | Tim Harrigan | Providing nutrients to crops is essential to farming practices, but is there a way to control water run off with better on-farm management tools?
February 3, 2015 | Mary Dunckel | Farmers across Michigan were asked why do you farm?
January 30, 2015 | Phil Kaatz | Forage producers can increase profitability by using the best forage varieties available.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: Mar 14, 2015
Location: 474 S. Shaw Lane, East Lansing, MI 48824
Date: Apr 10, 2015 - Apr 11, 2015
Location: L.V. Eberhard Conference Center, Grand Valley State University, 301 W. Fulton St., Grand Rapids, MI 49504
Date: Apr 25, 2015 - May 1, 2015
Location: Anthony Hall, Michigan State University, 474 S. Shaw Lane, East Lansing MI 48824
- 4-H Goat Production & Management
- 4-H Sheep Production & Management
- 4-H Veterinary Science
- Agricultural Literacy
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Farm Bill
- Forage Management Program
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Conference
- Integrated Parasite Management Program for Small Ruminants
- Managing Animal Mortalities
- Michigan MarketMaker
- Michigan Shepherd’s Weekend
- Small Ruminant Birth Management Program
- Small Ruminant Field Days
- Tilling the Soil of Opportunity
- Animal Heat Stress Management
- Emerging Issues in Animal Agriculture
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Michigan 4-H Biological Sciences Project Snapshot (4H1622)
- Michigan 4-H Market Animal Project Record Book
- Michigan 4-H Meat Science Project Snapshot (4H1632)
- Michigan 4-H Sheep Project Snapshot (4H1619)
- MSU Environmental Quality for Agriculture
- MSU Sheep Teaching & Research Center
- MSU’s Animal Welfare and Behavior Group
- Odor Management Plans
- Weather - Drought
- Zoonotic Disease