Sheep & Goats
Michigan State University’s small ruminant Extension program supports the diverse needs of sheep and and goat producers in the upper Midwest. Educational programming efforts focus on critical issues that affect all producers ranging from large commercial production to the small flock/herd owner.
October 24, 2014 | Phil Kaatz | Stress on the plants influences the long-term survival of alfalfa stands.
Landowner survey determines impacts of oil and gas leasing negotiation efforts Part 2: Lease royalty
October 23, 2014 | Curtis Talley Jr. | Results of a survey sent by Michigan State University Extension in 2013 to 130 landowners in 19 Michigan counties determines their activities in oil and gas leasing negotiation regarding the lease royalty.
October 14, 2014 | Jim Isleib | Michigan grazers and forage growers have mixed feelings about reed canarygrass, a forage grass species.
October 10, 2014 | Jeannine Schweihofer | Myoglobin is the iron-rich protein that gives meat its color.
October 10, 2014 | Curtis Talley Jr. | Results of a survey sent to 130 landowners in 19 Michigan counties determines their activities in oil and gas leasing and their sources of assistance information.
October 10, 2014 | Dennis Stein | 2014 Farm Bill safety net programs have several compliance dates now being announced by the USDA FSA that farm landowners and tenant operators need to know.
October 7, 2014 | Jim Isleib | New topics of interest to beginning farmers and experienced farmers considering new enterprises will be offered in 2015. Recordings of past topics are now available.
October 6, 2014 | Jim Isleib | The MSU Upper Peninsula Research and Extension Center provides a showcase for elementary students to learn about agriculture science.
October 2, 2014 | Jerry Lindquist | Whether buying or selling hay, the Michigan Hay Sellers List makes the task easier
October 2, 2014 | Jerry Lindquist | Forum on the EPA’s Proposed Waters of the U.S. to be held in Osceola County.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: Oct 30, 2014
Location: Moss Ridge Golf Course, 13545 Apple Ave., Ravenna, MI, 49451
Date: Feb 27, 2015 - Feb 28, 2015
Location: Kettunen Center, 14901 4-H Drive, Tustin, MI 49688
Date: Feb 28, 2015 - Mar 1, 2015
Location: Kettunen Center, 14901 4-H Drive, Tustin, MI, 49688
- 4-H Goat Production & Management
- 4-H Sheep Production & Management
- 4-H Veterinary Science
- Agricultural Literacy
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Farm Bill
- Forage Management Program
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Conference
- Integrated Parasite Management Program for Small Ruminants
- Managing Animal Mortalities
- Michigan MarketMaker
- Michigan Shepherd’s Weekend
- Small Ruminant Birth Management Program
- Small Ruminant Field Days
- Tilling the Soil of Opportunity
- Animal Heat Stress Management Resources
- Emerging Issues in Animal Agriculture
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Michigan 4-H Animal Marketing Project Record Book
- MSU Environmental Quality for Agriculture
- MSU Sheep Teaching & Research Center
- MSU’s Animal Welfare and Behavior Group
- Odor Management Plans
- Weather - Drought