Michigan State University Extension’s focus on poultry production brings together cross-discipline educators and researchers who work with both commercial poultry producers, small flock owners, and youth. Programming exists for all audiences ranging from specialized programming for commercial production and basic management practices for small flock and youth owners.
July 28, 2014 | Tina Conklin | The final installment in the six part series of Certified Farm Animal Welfare Audits looks at the follow-up corrective actions that need to take place after the audit in order for your farm to achieve certification.
July 28, 2014 | Tina Conklin | Certified Farm Animal Welfare Audit day has arrived on your farm. Part five in this six part series is meant to give you an idea of what to expect and how to prepare yourself and your employees.
July 28, 2014 | Tina Conklin | Part 4 in preparing for a certified animal welfare audit on your farm looks at review of the audit and preparation of your farm for audit day
July 25, 2014 | Marilyn Thelen | Farm drainage has been increasing land productivity since its introduction during the colonial times in the United States. However, there is concern today more than ever about proper management to protect surface water quality.
July 25, 2014 | Marilyn Thelen | Farmers, researchers and crop advisors from across the Midwest will travel to Ames, Iowa for the Resilient Ag Conference, August 5-7.
July 10, 2014 | Mary Dunckel | Michigan State University Extension partnered with area dairy producers and Neiman’s Family Market to celebrate June Dairy Month in northeast Michigan.
July 10, 2014 | Charles Gould | The tour will help Michigan farmers understand the economic benefits of a hybrid bioenergy production system and energy conservation practices.
July 7, 2014 | Shelby Bollwahn | In the case of a manure spill, livestock producers should have a spill kit prepared.
July 3, 2014 | Dennis Stein | The ditches and streams on your farmland will fall under new standards if regulations become the law of the land.
June 30, 2014 | Nancy Thelen | The 2014 Breakfast on the Farm programs will soon be getting underway, but it is also time for interested farm families to apply to host a 2015 event.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: Aug 28, 2014
Location: 2435 N. Tallman Road Fowler, MI
- 4-H Poultry Production & Management
- 4-H Veterinary Science
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Conference
- Managing Animal Mortalities
- Michigan MarketMaker
- Midwest Poultry Federation Educational Seminars
- Multistate Poultry Feeding & Nutrition Conference
- National Egg Quality School
- National Poultry Waste Management Symposium
- Poultry Health & Management School
- Small Flock Poultry Workshop
- Tilling the Soil of Opportunity
- Winter Poultry Seminar
- Air Emissions and Animal Agriculture
- Emerging Issues in Animal Agriculture
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Michigan CNMP DLL Template
- MSU Environmental Quality for Agriculture
- MSU Poultry Research & Teaching Center
- MSU’s Animal Welfare and Behavior Group
- Odor Management Plans
- Purdue University Avian Net
- Suggestions for Ordinances Allowing Backyard Poultry (E3136)
- University of Minnesota: Poultry U