Michigan State University Extension’s focus on poultry production brings together cross-discipline educators and researchers who work with both commercial poultry producers, small flock owners, and youth. Programming exists for all audiences ranging from specialized programming for commercial production and basic management practices for small flock and youth owners.
December 18, 2014 | Joanne Davidhizar | Food-related business operators can easily set up online profiles on the new and improved MarketMaker in just a few steps.
December 18, 2014 | Joanne Davidhizar | MarketMaker has a new look and has been updated with new search features to link food markets across the U.S.
December 18, 2014 | Julie Thelen | Grant allows for increase in Michigan youth resources including an educational bulletin and hands-on lessons that feature zoonotic vocabulary, biosecurity management strategies and pathogen explanations.
December 15, 2014 | Ted Ferris | Recent surveys show Breakfast on the Farm impacts the impression and knowledge participants have on modern crop production.
December 4, 2014 | Adam Kantrovich | Educational sessions help farmers navigate new Farm Bill programs.
December 3, 2014 | Charles Gould | Power companies and the Federal government continue to target agriculture in an unprecedented effort to entice farmers to implement energy conservation practices.
November 19, 2014 | Stan Moore | Everyone knows good communication is important in relationships and business, but throw succession planning into the mix and you’ll discover just how important it is.
November 17, 2014 | Erin Lizotte | MSU Extension is offering Integrated Pest Management Academy Online, a series of online prerecorded webinars. Commercial and private core pesticide recertification credits are available for Michigan applicators. No registration or fees required.
November 17, 2014 | Julie Thelen | Ready for an animal record system youth will actually use? A new app is the perfect complement to the recently revised Michigan 4-H Animal Market Project Record Book.
Landowner survey determines impacts of oil and gas leasing negotiation efforts Part 2: Lease royalty
October 23, 2014 | Curtis Talley Jr. | Results of a survey sent by Michigan State University Extension in 2013 to 130 landowners in 19 Michigan counties determines their activities in oil and gas leasing negotiation regarding the lease royalty.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: Jan 27, 2015 - Jan 28, 2015
Location: One Wenonah Park Place Bay City, Michigan 48708
Date: Jan 29, 2015 - Jan 30, 2015
Location: 4747 28th St, SE Grand Rapids, Michigan 49512
Date: Feb 27, 2015 - Feb 28, 2015
Location: Kettunen Center, 14901 4-H Drive, Tustin, MI 49688
- 4-H Poultry Production & Management
- 4-H Veterinary Science
- Agricultural Literacy
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Farm Bill
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Conference
- Managing Animal Mortalities
- Michigan MarketMaker
- Midwest Poultry Federation Educational Seminars
- Multistate Poultry Feeding & Nutrition Conference
- National Egg Quality School
- National Poultry Waste Management Symposium
- Poultry Health & Management School
- Small Flock Poultry Workshop
- Tilling the Soil of Opportunity
- Winter Poultry Seminar
- Air Emissions and Animal Agriculture
- Emerging Issues in Animal Agriculture
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Michigan 4-H Market Animal Project Record Book
- Michigan CNMP DLL Template
- MSU Environmental Quality for Agriculture
- MSU Poultry Research & Teaching Center
- MSU’s Animal Welfare and Behavior Group
- Odor Management Plans
- Purdue University Avian Net
- Suggestions for Ordinances Allowing Backyard Poultry (E3136)
- University of Minnesota: Poultry U
- Zoonotic Disease