Michigan State University Extension’s focus on poultry production brings together cross-discipline educators and researchers who work with both commercial poultry producers, small flock owners, and youth. Programming exists for all audiences ranging from specialized programming for commercial production and basic management practices for small flock and youth owners.
March 26, 2015 | Melissa Elischer | The Great Lakes Regional Dairy Conference Planning Committee hosts a professional development for youth to build communication and agricultural advocacy skills.
March 19, 2015 | Makena Schultz | How asking a different set of questions can change a competitive experience from being about the project or showcase to being about the process and the life skills learned.
March 9, 2015 | Julie Thelen | Beyond the farm: Youth and adult leaders share their ideas for keeping animals and humans healthy at a recent statewide 4-H event.
March 9, 2015 | Julie Thelen | Local practices: Youth and adult leaders share their ideas for keeping animals and humans healthy at a recent statewide 4-H event.
March 3, 2015 | Gerald May | Community Considerations for Raising Livestock in Populated Areas is a workshop discussing local planning for livestock facilities in urban and suburban areas.
February 24, 2015 | Jeannine P. Schweihofer | Learn from experts how to improve and expand your processed poultry products on March 6, 2015.
February 24, 2015 | Dr. Judy Marteniuk, DVM | Make sure you are taking the steps to keep your animals safe and healthy this winter.
February 16, 2015 | Stan Moore | Upcoming Agriculture Labor and Farm Safety Meetings will be held in Bad Axe and Shepherd, Michigan.
February 3, 2015 | Tim Harrigan | Providing nutrients to crops is essential to farming practices, but is there a way to control water run off with better on-farm management tools?
February 3, 2015 | Mary Dunckel | Farmers across Michigan were asked why do you farm?
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: May 16, 2015
Location: Eaton County Fairgrounds, 1025 S Cochran Ave., Charlotte, MI 48813
- 4-H Poultry Production & Management
- 4-H Veterinary Science
- Agricultural Literacy
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Farm Bill
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Conference
- Managing Animal Mortalities
- Michigan MarketMaker
- Midwest Poultry Federation Educational Seminars
- Multistate Poultry Feeding & Nutrition Conference
- National Egg Quality School
- National Poultry Waste Management Symposium
- Poultry Health & Management School
- Small Flock Poultry Workshop
- Winter Poultry Seminar
- Air Emissions and Animal Agriculture
- Emerging Issues in Animal Agriculture
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Michigan 4-H Biological Sciences Project Snapshot (4H1622)
- Michigan 4-H Market Animal Project Record Book
- Michigan 4-H Poultry Project Snapshot (4H1612)
- Michigan CNMP DLL Template
- MSU Environmental Quality for Agriculture
- MSU Poultry Research & Teaching Center
- MSU’s Animal Welfare and Behavior Group
- Odor Management Plans
- Purdue University Avian Net
- Suggestions for Ordinances Allowing Backyard Poultry (E3136)
- University of Minnesota: Poultry U
- Zoonotic Disease