Michigan State University Extension’s focus on poultry production brings together cross-discipline educators and researchers who work with both commercial poultry producers, small flock owners, and youth. Programming exists for all audiences ranging from specialized programming for commercial production and basic management practices for small flock and youth owners.
July 10, 2014 | Mary Dunckel | Michigan State University Extension partnered with area dairy producers and Neiman’s Family Market to celebrate June Dairy Month in northeast Michigan.
July 10, 2014 | Charles Gould | The tour will help Michigan farmers understand the economic benefits of a hybrid bioenergy production system and energy conservation practices.
July 7, 2014 | Shelby Bollwahn | In the case of a manure spill, livestock producers should have a spill kit prepared.
July 3, 2014 | Dennis Stein | The ditches and streams on your farmland will fall under new standards if regulations become the law of the land.
June 30, 2014 | Nancy Thelen | The 2014 Breakfast on the Farm programs will soon be getting underway, but it is also time for interested farm families to apply to host a 2015 event.
June 24, 2014 | Jim Isleib | Good grazing management and utilization of low cost amendments can result in economical forage and improved bottom line.
June 23, 2014 | Curtis Talley Jr. | The amended act includes pre-empting local jurisdictions from restricting carbon dioxide pipelines for enhanced recovery of hydrocarbons.
June 20, 2014 | Curtis Talley Jr. | The June 2014 issue of the Landowner Oil and Gas newsletter features FracFocus, and a Michigan Crude Oil and Petroleum Act 16 amendment.
June 17, 2014 | Dennis Stein | Keeping current of what is happening in the commodity market is the focus of a special Commodity Marketing Update seminar and live webinar.
June 17, 2014 | Phil Tocco | Risk of getting sick after touching livestock at a petting zoo or the fair is real and tragic. Nothing can be done to eliminate the risk, but there are several practical things fairgoers can do to avoid getting sick after petting animals.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: Aug 28, 2014
Location: 2435 N. Tallman Road Fowler, MI
- 4-H Poultry Production & Management
- 4-H Veterinary Science
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Conference
- Managing Animal Mortalities
- Michigan MarketMaker
- Midwest Poultry Federation Educational Seminars
- Multistate Poultry Feeding & Nutrition Conference
- National Egg Quality School
- National Poultry Waste Management Symposium
- Poultry Health & Management School
- Small Flock Poultry Workshop
- Tilling the Soil of Opportunity
- Winter Poultry Seminar
- Air Emissions and Animal Agriculture
- Emerging Issues in Animal Agriculture
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Michigan CNMP DLL Template
- MSU Environmental Quality for Agriculture
- MSU Poultry Research & Teaching Center
- MSU’s Animal Welfare and Behavior Group
- Odor Management Plans
- Purdue University Avian Net
- Suggestions for Ordinances Allowing Backyard Poultry (E3136)
- University of Minnesota: Poultry U