Michigan State University Extension’s focus on poultry production brings together cross-discipline educators and researchers who work with both commercial poultry producers, small flock owners, and youth. Programming exists for all audiences ranging from specialized programming for commercial production and basic management practices for small flock and youth owners.
September 19, 2014 | David Schweikhardt | There are many new provisions in the 2014 farm bill that landlords should be familiar with.
September 18, 2014 | Dennis Stein | Farms that have seen good commodity prices and profits along with Dairy and Beef prices at all-time highs are vulnerable for some real tax issues in 2014.
September 15, 2014 | David Schweikhardt | The 2014 farm bill contains new farm programs that will require complex decisions by farmers. There are actions that should be taken now to prepare for the decisions that must be made during the coming months.
September 3, 2014 | Dennis Stein | Current grain and dairy commodity markets updates are now available online.
August 29, 2014 | Nancy Thelen | The 2014 Breakfast on the Farm programs will soon be completed, and it is time for interested farm families to apply to host a 2015 event.
August 28, 2014 | Jim Isleib | Low cost land and a laidback lifestyle may seem appealing, but the basics of successful farming in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula are the same as everywhere else: careful planning, efficient use of resources, adaptability, commitment and good luck.
August 27, 2014 | Mark Thomas | Southwest Michigan Hispanic Grower Cooperation improving profitability through farmer educational knowledge
August 27, 2014 | Mary Dunckel | In an effort to connect consumers to Michigan farmers, Michigan State University Extension teamed up with Neiman’s Family Market to provide shoppers with a glimpse of a few farmers behind the food.
August 25, 2014 | Shelby Bollwahn | The capability to store manure reduces, or eliminates, the need to spread manure on a daily basis. Manure storage facilities allow small farms to store the manure until it can be removed and utilized at a later time.
August 19, 2014 | Shelby Bollwahn | Using best management practices can help protect the environment. These practices can also improve the health and well-being of your animals and increase your farm’s profit.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: Nov 1, 2014 - Nov 2, 2014
Location: Kettunen Center, 14901 4-H Drive, Tustin, MI, 49688
Date: Feb 27, 2015 - Feb 28, 2015
Location: Kettunen Center, 14901 4-H Drive, Tustin, MI 49688
- 4-H Poultry Production & Management
- 4-H Veterinary Science
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Conference
- Managing Animal Mortalities
- Michigan MarketMaker
- Midwest Poultry Federation Educational Seminars
- Multistate Poultry Feeding & Nutrition Conference
- National Egg Quality School
- National Poultry Waste Management Symposium
- Poultry Health & Management School
- Small Flock Poultry Workshop
- Tilling the Soil of Opportunity
- Winter Poultry Seminar
- Air Emissions and Animal Agriculture
- Emerging Issues in Animal Agriculture
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Michigan CNMP DLL Template
- MSU Environmental Quality for Agriculture
- MSU Poultry Research & Teaching Center
- MSU’s Animal Welfare and Behavior Group
- Odor Management Plans
- Purdue University Avian Net
- Suggestions for Ordinances Allowing Backyard Poultry (E3136)
- University of Minnesota: Poultry U