Michigan State University Extension’s focus on poultry production brings together cross-discipline educators and researchers who work with both commercial poultry producers, small flock owners, and youth. Programming exists for all audiences ranging from specialized programming for commercial production and basic management practices for small flock and youth owners.
February 24, 2015 | Jeannine P. Schweihofer | Learn from experts how to improve and expand your processed poultry products on March 6, 2015.
February 24, 2015 | Dr. Judy Marteniuk, DVM | Make sure you are taking the steps to keep your animals safe and healthy this winter.
February 16, 2015 | Stan Moore | Upcoming Agriculture Labor and Farm Safety Meetings will be held in Bad Axe and Shepherd, Michigan.
February 3, 2015 | Tim Harrigan | Providing nutrients to crops is essential to farming practices, but is there a way to control water run off with better on-farm management tools?
February 3, 2015 | Mary Dunckel | Farmers across Michigan were asked why do you farm?
January 27, 2015 | Lyndon Kelley | Agricultural water users in both Indiana and Michigan with the capacity to pump 70 gallons per minute or more need to report their water use by April 1.
January 27, 2015 | Julie Thelen | The Zoonotic Disease Educational Toolkits can be used in a variety of settings. Check out the list below for ten tips and tricks for this new resource!
January 26, 2015 | Julie Thelen | Use these four steps to help keep your 4-H animals healthy during the long Michigan winters.
January 23, 2015 | Jim Isleib | Evaluation of 2014 MSU Extension’s Beginning Farmer Webinar Series shows positive results.
December 31, 2014 | Joanne Davidhizar | The MSU Product Center is the go-to place for food, agriculture, bio-economy, and natural resources-based business counseling.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: May 16, 2015
Location: Eaton County Fairgrounds, 1025 S Cochran Ave., Charlotte, MI 48813
- 4-H Poultry Production & Management
- 4-H Veterinary Science
- Agricultural Literacy
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Farm Bill
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Conference
- Managing Animal Mortalities
- Michigan MarketMaker
- Midwest Poultry Federation Educational Seminars
- Multistate Poultry Feeding & Nutrition Conference
- National Egg Quality School
- National Poultry Waste Management Symposium
- Poultry Health & Management School
- Small Flock Poultry Workshop
- Tilling the Soil of Opportunity
- Winter Poultry Seminar
- Air Emissions and Animal Agriculture
- Emerging Issues in Animal Agriculture
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Michigan 4-H Biological Sciences Project Snapshot (4H1622)
- Michigan 4-H Market Animal Project Record Book
- Michigan CNMP DLL Template
- MSU Environmental Quality for Agriculture
- MSU Poultry Research & Teaching Center
- MSU’s Animal Welfare and Behavior Group
- Odor Management Plans
- Purdue University Avian Net
- Suggestions for Ordinances Allowing Backyard Poultry (E3136)
- University of Minnesota: Poultry U
- Zoonotic Disease