MSU Extension’s focus on poultry production brings together cross-discipline educators and researchers who work with both commercial poultry producers, small flock owners, and youth. Programming exists for all audiences ranging from specialized programming for commercial production and basic management practices for small flock and youth owners.
April 15, 2015 | Phil Durst | Instead of just putting up with the task of managing employees, take ownership for it and making it a strength of the operation.
April 7, 2015 | Stan Moore | For a farm to meet their goals their employees must be performing their job to the best of their abilities and enjoying their job.
April 7, 2015 | Jeannine P. Schweihofer | Confirmed cases of H5N2 avian influenza exist but not considered a human health risk.
April 7, 2015 | Nichole Hersch | Breakfast on the Farm is hosting a fun and free learning opportunity for you and your family. These events are open to all ages interested in learning about where their food comes from and how it is produced.
April 6, 2015 | Julie Thelen | Eight former 4-H members from eight counties are learning and competing through MSU’s Collegiate Livestock Judging Team.
April 1, 2015 | Christina Curell | Using cover crops can help farms build soil organic matter.
April 1, 2015 | Christina Curell | Cover crops can be used to scavenge for excess Nitrogen. The following chart rates cover crops ability to scavenge nitrogen
April 1, 2015 | Christina Curell | Learn how cover crops can produce Nitrogen for your fields.
April 1, 2015 | Christina Curell | Cover crops can be used to impede soil erosion off of fields.
April 1, 2015 | Christina Curell | Phosphorus runoff: A large contributor to problems in Western Lake Erie Basin.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: May 16, 2015
Location: Eaton County Fairgrounds, 1025 S Cochran Ave., Charlotte, MI 48813
- 4-H Poultry Production & Management
- 4-H Veterinary Science
- Agricultural Literacy
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Farm Bill
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Conference
- Managing Animal Mortalities
- Michigan MarketMaker
- Midwest Poultry Federation Educational Seminars
- Multistate Poultry Feeding & Nutrition Conference
- National Egg Quality School
- National Poultry Waste Management Symposium
- Poultry Health & Management School
- Small Flock Poultry Workshop
- Western Lake Erie Basin
- Winter Poultry Seminar
- 4-H Poultry Fitting & Showmanship Leader’s Guide (4H1521)
- Air Emissions and Animal Agriculture
- Emerging Issues in Animal Agriculture
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Guide to Running a Local Livestock Judging Contest
- Michigan 4-H Biological Sciences Project Snapshot (4H1622)
- Michigan 4-H Market Animal Project Record Book
- Michigan 4-H Poultry Project Snapshot (4H1612)
- Michigan CNMP DLL Template
- MSU Environmental Quality for Agriculture
- MSU Poultry Research & Teaching Center
- MSU’s Animal Welfare and Behavior Group
- Odor Management Plans
- Purdue University Avian Net
- Suggestions for Ordinances Allowing Backyard Poultry (E3136)
- University of Minnesota: Poultry U
- Zoonotic Disease