Michigan State University Extension serves the pork industry by providing decisionmakers with unbiased, research-based information about all aspects of pork production. Using a multi-disciplinary approach, MSU Extension works to enhance the production of safe, nutritious, high-quality pork in an environmentally, economically sustainable and socially responsible manner.
MSU Extension provides education for all aspects of swine production, including intensively managed commercial operations, niche pork farms, sport farms, and youth show pig producers.
Landowner survey determines impacts of oil and gas leasing negotiation efforts Part 2: Lease royalty
October 23, 2014 | Curtis Talley Jr. | Results of a survey sent by Michigan State University Extension in 2013 to 130 landowners in 19 Michigan counties determines their activities in oil and gas leasing negotiation regarding the lease royalty.
October 17, 2014 | Julie Thelen | October is the perfect time to bring home the bacon, ham, tenderloin and all the other delicious cuts to celebrate National Pork Month!
October 10, 2014 | Jeannine Schweihofer | Myoglobin is the iron-rich protein that gives meat its color.
October 10, 2014 | Curtis Talley Jr. | Results of a survey sent to 130 landowners in 19 Michigan counties determines their activities in oil and gas leasing and their sources of assistance information.
October 10, 2014 | Dennis Stein | 2014 Farm Bill safety net programs have several compliance dates now being announced by the USDA FSA that farm landowners and tenant operators need to know.
October 7, 2014 | Jim Isleib | New topics of interest to beginning farmers and experienced farmers considering new enterprises will be offered in 2015. Recordings of past topics are now available.
October 6, 2014 | Jim Isleib | The MSU Upper Peninsula Research and Extension Center provides a showcase for elementary students to learn about agriculture science.
October 2, 2014 | Jerry Lindquist | Forum on the EPA’s Proposed Waters of the U.S. to be held in Osceola County.
September 23, 2014 | Curtis Talley Jr. | The September 2014 issue of the Landowner Oil and Gas newsletter features development Q&A, information on pipeline rights of ways and a leasing activity update.
September 19, 2014 | David Schweikhardt | There are many new provisions in the 2014 farm bill that landlords should be familiar with.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: Oct 30, 2014
Location: Moss Ridge Golf Course, 13545 Apple Ave., Ravenna, MI, 49451
Date: Feb 11, 2015 - Feb 11, 2015
Location: Kalamazoo County Fairgrounds - 2900 Lake Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49048
Date: Feb 27, 2015 - Feb 28, 2015
Location: Kettunen Center, 14901 4-H Drive, Tustin, MI 49688
- 4-H Swine Production & Management
- 4-H Veterinary Science
- Agricultural Literacy
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Farm Bill
- Green & White Show
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Conference
- Managing Animal Mortalities
- Michigan MarketMaker
- Midwest Swine Nutrition Conference
- Professional Pork Producers Symposium
- Quality Assurance-Certifications
- Statewide Pork Industry Information Meetings
- Air Emissions and Animal Agriculture
- Animal Heat Stress Management Resources
- Artificial Insemination of Sows & Gilts (E2677)
- Emerging Issues in Animal Agriculture
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Michigan 4-H Animal Marketing Project Record Book
- Michigan CNMP DLL Template
- MSU Environmental Quality for Agriculture
- MSU Swine Teach & Research Center
- MSU’s Animal Welfare and Behavior Group
- Odor Management Plans
- Pork Quarterly
- Swine Breeding Systems for Alternative Pork Chains: Breed Options & Use (E3108)
- Swine Breeding Systems for Alternative Pork Chains: Breeding Programs (E3107)