Michigan State University Extension serves the pork industry by providing decisionmakers with unbiased, research-based information about all aspects of pork production. Using a multi-disciplinary approach, MSU Extension works to enhance the production of safe, nutritious, high-quality pork in an environmentally, economically sustainable and socially responsible manner.
MSU Extension provides education for all aspects of swine production, including intensively managed commercial operations, niche pork farms, sport farms, and youth show pig producers.
January 23, 2015 | Jim Isleib | Evaluation of 2014 MSU Extension’s Beginning Farmer Webinar Series shows positive results.
December 31, 2014 | Joanne Davidhizar | The MSU Product Center is the go-to place for food, agriculture, bio-economy, and natural resources-based business counseling.
December 23, 2014 | Melissa Elischer | When you set out your milk and cookies for Santa, bake your ham, eat your vegetables and enjoy a holiday feast, be sure to thank the farmers that brought these products to your table.
December 22, 2014 | Jim Hilker | The MSU Farm Bill Analyzer helps farmers calculate Farm Bill decisions.
December 22, 2014 | Julie Thelen | 4-H veterinary science projects allow youth to combine their animal interest with practical application!
December 18, 2014 | Joanne Davidhizar | Food-related business operators can easily set up online profiles on the new and improved MarketMaker in just a few steps.
December 18, 2014 | Joanne Davidhizar | MarketMaker has a new look and has been updated with new search features to link food markets across the U.S.
December 18, 2014 | Julie Thelen | Grant allows for increase in Michigan youth resources including an educational bulletin and hands-on lessons that feature zoonotic vocabulary, biosecurity management strategies and pathogen explanations.
December 15, 2014 | Ted Ferris | Recent surveys show Breakfast on the Farm impacts the impression and knowledge participants have on modern crop production.
December 12, 2014 | Tom Guthrie | The Grow-Finish Production – Viable Pieces of the Business educational program is set to take place in four locations across the state starting Jan. 19, 2015.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: Jan 27, 2015 - Mar 24, 2015
Location: Old Baroda Township Hall, 9081 First Street, Baroda, MI, 49101.
Date: Jan 27, 2015 - Jan 28, 2015
Location: One Wenonah Park Place Bay City, Michigan 48708
Date: Jan 29, 2015 - Jan 30, 2015
Location: 4747 28th St, SE Grand Rapids, Michigan 49512
- 4-H Swine Production & Management
- 4-H Veterinary Science
- Agricultural Literacy
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Farm Bill
- Green & White Show
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Conference
- Managing Animal Mortalities
- Michigan MarketMaker
- Midwest Swine Nutrition Conference
- Professional Pork Producers Symposium
- Quality Assurance-Certifications
- Statewide Pork Industry Information Meetings
- Swine Exhibition
- Air Emissions and Animal Agriculture
- Animal Heat Stress Management
- Artificial Insemination of Sows & Gilts (E2677)
- Emerging Issues in Animal Agriculture
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Michigan 4-H Market Animal Project Record Book
- Michigan CNMP DLL Template
- Michigan Exhibition Swine Official Identification
- MSU Environmental Quality for Agriculture
- MSU Swine Teach & Research Center
- MSU’s Animal Welfare and Behavior Group
- Odor Management Plans
- Pork Quarterly
- Swine Breeding Systems for Alternative Pork Chains: Breed Options & Use (E3108)
- Swine Breeding Systems for Alternative Pork Chains: Breeding Programs (E3107)
- Zoonotic Disease