Michigan State University Extension serves the pork industry by providing decisionmakers with unbiased, research-based information about all aspects of pork production. Using a multi-disciplinary approach, MSU Extension works to enhance the production of safe, nutritious, high-quality pork in an environmentally, economically sustainable and socially responsible manner.
MSU Extension provides education for all aspects of swine production, including intensively managed commercial operations, niche pork farms, sport farms, and youth show pig producers.
November 19, 2014 | Stan Moore | Everyone knows good communication is important in relationships and business, but throw succession planning into the mix and you’ll discover just how important it is.
November 17, 2014 | Erin Lizotte | MSU Extension is offering Integrated Pest Management Academy Online, a series of online prerecorded webinars. Commercial and private core pesticide recertification credits are available for Michigan applicators. No registration or fees required.
November 17, 2014 | Julie Thelen | Ready for an animal record system youth will actually use? A new app is the perfect complement to the recently revised Michigan 4-H Animal Market Project Record Book.
Landowner survey determines impacts of oil and gas leasing negotiation efforts Part 2: Lease royalty
October 23, 2014 | Curtis Talley Jr. | Results of a survey sent by Michigan State University Extension in 2013 to 130 landowners in 19 Michigan counties determines their activities in oil and gas leasing negotiation regarding the lease royalty.
October 17, 2014 | Julie Thelen | October is the perfect time to bring home the bacon, ham, tenderloin and all the other delicious cuts to celebrate National Pork Month!
October 10, 2014 | Jeannine Schweihofer | Myoglobin is the iron-rich protein that gives meat its color.
October 10, 2014 | Curtis Talley Jr. | Results of a survey sent to 130 landowners in 19 Michigan counties determines their activities in oil and gas leasing and their sources of assistance information.
October 10, 2014 | Dennis Stein | 2014 Farm Bill safety net programs have several compliance dates now being announced by the USDA FSA that farm landowners and tenant operators need to know.
October 7, 2014 | Jim Isleib | New topics of interest to beginning farmers and experienced farmers considering new enterprises will be offered in 2015. Recordings of past topics are now available.
October 6, 2014 | Jim Isleib | The MSU Upper Peninsula Research and Extension Center provides a showcase for elementary students to learn about agriculture science.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: Jan 14, 2015 - Jan 14, 2015
Location: ISD Building in Centreville, 62445 Shimmel Rd., Centreville, MI 49032
Date: Feb 11, 2015 - Feb 11, 2015
Location: Kalamazoo County Fairgrounds - 2900 Lake Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49048
Date: Feb 27, 2015 - Feb 28, 2015
Location: Kettunen Center, 14901 4-H Drive, Tustin, MI 49688
- 4-H Swine Production & Management
- 4-H Veterinary Science
- Agricultural Literacy
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Farm Bill
- Green & White Show
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Conference
- Managing Animal Mortalities
- Michigan MarketMaker
- Midwest Swine Nutrition Conference
- Professional Pork Producers Symposium
- Quality Assurance-Certifications
- Statewide Pork Industry Information Meetings
- Air Emissions and Animal Agriculture
- Animal Heat Stress Management Resources
- Artificial Insemination of Sows & Gilts (E2677)
- Emerging Issues in Animal Agriculture
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Michigan 4-H Animal Marketing Project Record Book
- Michigan CNMP DLL Template
- MSU Environmental Quality for Agriculture
- MSU Swine Teach & Research Center
- MSU’s Animal Welfare and Behavior Group
- Odor Management Plans
- Pork Quarterly
- Swine Breeding Systems for Alternative Pork Chains: Breed Options & Use (E3108)
- Swine Breeding Systems for Alternative Pork Chains: Breeding Programs (E3107)
- Zoonotic Disease