Michigan State University Extension serves the pork industry by providing decisionmakers with unbiased, research-based information about all aspects of pork production. Using a multi-disciplinary approach, MSU Extension works to enhance the production of safe, nutritious, high-quality pork in an environmentally, economically sustainable and socially responsible manner.
MSU Extension provides education for all aspects of swine production, including intensively managed commercial operations, niche pork farms, sport farms, and youth show pig producers.
February 24, 2015 | Dr. Judy Marteniuk, DVM | Make sure you are taking the steps to keep your animals safe and healthy this winter.
February 16, 2015 | Stan Moore | Upcoming Agriculture Labor and Farm Safety Meetings will be held in Bad Axe and Shepherd, Michigan.
February 3, 2015 | Tim Harrigan | Providing nutrients to crops is essential to farming practices, but is there a way to control water run off with better on-farm management tools?
February 3, 2015 | Mary Dunckel | Farmers across Michigan were asked why do you farm?
January 27, 2015 | Lyndon Kelley | Agricultural water users in both Indiana and Michigan with the capacity to pump 70 gallons per minute or more need to report their water use by April 1.
January 27, 2015 | Julie Thelen | The Zoonotic Disease Educational Toolkits can be used in a variety of settings. Check out the list below for ten tips and tricks for this new resource!
January 26, 2015 | Julie Thelen | Use these four steps to help keep your 4-H animals healthy during the long Michigan winters.
January 23, 2015 | Jim Isleib | Evaluation of 2014 MSU Extension’s Beginning Farmer Webinar Series shows positive results.
December 31, 2014 | Joanne Davidhizar | The MSU Product Center is the go-to place for food, agriculture, bio-economy, and natural resources-based business counseling.
December 23, 2014 | Melissa Elischer | When you set out your milk and cookies for Santa, bake your ham, eat your vegetables and enjoy a holiday feast, be sure to thank the farmers that brought these products to your table.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: Feb 27, 2015 - Feb 28, 2015
Location: Kettunen Center, 14901 4-H Drive, Tustin, MI 49688
Date: Feb 28, 2015 - Mar 1, 2015
Location: Kettunen Center, 14901 4-H Drive, Tustin, MI, 49688
Date: Mar 6, 2015
Location: Michigamme Room, Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- 4-H Swine Production & Management
- 4-H Veterinary Science
- Agricultural Literacy
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Farm Bill
- Green & White Show
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Conference
- Managing Animal Mortalities
- Michigan MarketMaker
- Midwest Swine Nutrition Conference
- Professional Pork Producers Symposium
- Quality Assurance-Certifications
- Statewide Pork Industry Information Meetings
- Swine Exhibition
- Air Emissions and Animal Agriculture
- Animal Heat Stress Management
- Artificial Insemination of Sows & Gilts (E2677)
- Emerging Issues in Animal Agriculture
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Michigan 4-H Market Animal Project Record Book
- Michigan CNMP DLL Template
- Michigan Exhibition Swine Official Identification
- MSU Environmental Quality for Agriculture
- MSU Swine Teach & Research Center
- MSU’s Animal Welfare and Behavior Group
- Odor Management Plans
- Pork Quarterly
- Swine Breeding Systems for Alternative Pork Chains: Breed Options & Use (E3108)
- Swine Breeding Systems for Alternative Pork Chains: Breeding Programs (E3107)
- Zoonotic Disease