Michigan State University Extension’s focus on organic agriculture encompasses all aspects of organic farming ranging from fruit and vegetable production to animal agriculture. Through educational programs and research, MSU Extension helps farmers build sustainable organic farms through strong integrated pest management and enhancing soil health.
January 23, 2015 | Jim Isleib | Evaluation of 2014 MSU Extension’s Beginning Farmer Webinar Series shows positive results.
January 21, 2015 | Rob Sirrine | Save the date: April 10-11th, 2015 Grand Rapids, MI
January 14, 2015 | Curtis Talley | Educational workshops are available to commercial producers wanting more information on the Non-Insured Crop Disaster Assistance Program (NAP), such as eligible producers and crops, coverage levels, and service fees and premiums.
January 13, 2015 | Erin Lizotte | Hop growers looking to learn more about the risk and prevention of respiratory disease associated with hop harvest and processing are encouraged to view this recorded webinar.
January 12, 2015 | Lina Rodriguez Salamanca | Try shop.msu.edu to order your 2015 MSU Extension bulletins in print or PDF format. It’s easy, fast and convenient.
January 12, 2015 | Dennis Fulbright | This meeting is a great opportunity for new growers to learn about getting started in the chestnut industry and current growers to learn about optimizing productivity.
January 7, 2015 | James DeDecker | Free webinars on field crop production and pest management in 2015 will offer participants condensed highlights from winter MSU Extension programs.
January 6, 2015 | Erin Lizotte | Learn how to keep your lungs healthy while growing and processing hops by attending a webinar Jan. 13, 2015.
December 31, 2014 | Joanne Davidhizar | The MSU Product Center is the go-to place for food, agriculture, bio-economy, and natural resources-based business counseling.
December 30, 2014 | Brad Baughman | Michigan State University Extension will host Ag Action Day 2015, an agriculture and home horticulture networking and educational event, Jan. 30, in Oshtemo Township, Michigan.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: Jan 26, 2015 - Apr 29, 2015
Date: Jan 27, 2015 - Mar 24, 2015
Location: Old Baroda Township Hall, 9081 First Street, Baroda, MI, 49101.
Date: Jan 30, 2015
Location: 6767 West "O" Avenue, Kalamazoo, MI 49003
- Advanced Soil Organic Matter Management
- Advanced Soil Organic Matter Management (E3137)
- Agrifood Safety Work Group
- Building Soil for Organic and Sustainable Farms
- Building Soil for Organic and Sustainable Farms (E3144)
- Center for Regional Food Systems
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Flaming as a Method of Weed Control in Organic Farming Systems (E3038)
- Great Lakes Fruit, Vegetable and Farm Market EXPO
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Michigan State University Organic Farming Exchange
- Michigan State University Organic Pest Management
- Michigan State University Student Organic Farm
- Perennial Wheat
- Transitioning to Certified Organic in Michigan
- Weather - Drought
- Weather - Winter Injury in Plants