Michigan State University Extension’s focus on organic agriculture encompasses all aspects of organic farming ranging from fruit and vegetable production to animal agriculture. Through educational programs and research, MSU Extension helps farmers build sustainable organic farms through strong integrated pest management and enhancing soil health.
December 18, 2014 | Joanne Davidhizar | Food-related business operators can easily set up online profiles on the new and improved MarketMaker in just a few steps.
December 18, 2014 | Joanne Davidhizar | MarketMaker has a new look and has been updated with new search features to link food markets across the U.S.
December 15, 2014 | Christina Curell | Need some help making a decision on which clover you should use as a cover crop?
December 15, 2014 | Christina Curell | White clover has many benefits that are useful for cropping systems.
December 15, 2014 | Christina Curell | Crimson clover has many benefits when used at a cover crop for the farm system.
December 15, 2014 | Christina Curell | Crimson clover is a good choice for those who would like to use an annual clover as a cover crop.
December 15, 2014 | Christina Curell | White clover is a good cover crop that if managed correctly can be a great benefit to your cropping system.
December 15, 2014 | Christina Curell | Consider the following management tips for red clover, one of the most widely used cover crops.
December 15, 2014 | Christina Curell | There are many benefits to using red clover as a cover crop, including nitrogen production, serving as a weed suppressor and being widely adaptable.
December 15, 2014 | Ted Ferris | Recent surveys show Breakfast on the Farm impacts the impression and knowledge participants have on modern crop production.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
- Advanced Soil Organic Matter Management
- Advanced Soil Organic Matter Management (E3137)
- Agrifood Safety Work Group
- Building Soil for Organic and Sustainable Farms
- Building Soil for Organic and Sustainable Farms (E3144)
- Center for Regional Food Systems
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Flaming as a Method of Weed Control in Organic Farming Systems (E3038)
- Great Lakes Fruit, Vegetable and Farm Market EXPO
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Michigan State University Organic Farming Exchange
- Michigan State University Organic Pest Management
- Michigan State University Student Organic Farm
- Perennial Wheat
- Transitioning to Certified Organic in Michigan
- Weather - Drought
- Weather - Winter Injury in Plants