Michigan State University Extension’s focus on organic agriculture encompasses all aspects of organic farming ranging from fruit and vegetable production to animal agriculture. Through educational programs and research, MSU Extension helps farmers build sustainable organic farms through strong integrated pest management and enhancing soil health.
February 26, 2015 | Jim Isleib | Variety trials on agronomic crops of interest in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula provided useful information.
February 26, 2015 | Jim Isleib | A recent series of cover crop educational meetings and discussions brought interesting new ideas into consideration.
February 26, 2015 | Lina Rodriguez Salamanca | A prerecorded webinar on vegetable disease management tactics is now available at the Online IPM Academy website.
February 26, 2015 | Paul Gross | Farmer survey identified benefits of cover crops in corn and soybean rotations.
February 26, 2015 | Ben Werling | Which asparagus varieties are available to the Michigan industry, and what do we know about them?
February 24, 2015 | Ashley McFarland | Despite challenging weather at harvest, results from the Michigan State University malting barley trial show potential for quality malting barley produced in northern Michigan.
February 23, 2015 | Ron Goldy | “My vegetables are in flower, how long before the fruit will be ready to harvest?” This is a question often asked by many vegetable growers and it is not always an easy answer.
February 23, 2015 | Ron Goldy | Increasing your bottom line may not require adding a completely new skill set. It may mean just using the skills you already possess to provide crops to a new customer base.
February 16, 2015 | Stan Moore | Upcoming Agriculture Labor and Farm Safety Meetings will be held in Bad Axe and Shepherd, Michigan.
February 10, 2015 | Phil Kaatz | The 2015 Great Lakes Forage and Grazing Conference on March 12 will discuss how using forages can build soil health.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: Mar 3, 2015
Location: 611 West Bell St, Camden MI 49232
Date: Mar 24, 2015
Location: Washtenaw County Road Commission, 555 North Zeeb Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48103
Date: Apr 10, 2015 - Apr 11, 2015
Location: L.V. Eberhard Conference Center, Grand Valley State University, 301 W. Fulton St., Grand Rapids, MI 49504
- Advanced Soil Organic Matter Management
- Advanced Soil Organic Matter Management (E3137)
- Agrifood Safety Work Group
- Building Soil for Organic and Sustainable Farms
- Building Soil for Organic and Sustainable Farms (E3144)
- Center for Regional Food Systems
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Flaming as a Method of Weed Control in Organic Farming Systems (E3038)
- Great Lakes Fruit, Vegetable and Farm Market EXPO
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Michigan State University Organic Farming Exchange
- Michigan State University Organic Pest Management
- Michigan State University Student Organic Farm
- Perennial Wheat
- Transitioning to Certified Organic in Michigan
- Weather - Drought
- Weather - Winter Injury in Plants