Nursery & Christmas Trees
Michigan’s climate, soils, and centralized location combine to make Michigan a national leader in the production of landscape nursery stock and Christmas trees. Michigan State University Extension’s programing for the nursery and Christmas tree industries involves field Extension educators, campus based Extension specialists and researchers who provide timely and relevant educational programming. Our goal is deliver the latest science-based information to keep Michigan producers competitive and profitable in today’s economy.
March 25, 2015 | Tim Harrigan | Is there something farmers could do to have the greatest impact on improving water quality?
March 24, 2015 | Curtis Talley Jr | Current oil and gas energy production and supplies are much greater than 2003 forecasts.
March 24, 2015 | Bert Cregg | Frequently asked questions about spruce decline.
March 18, 2015 | Heidi Wollaeger | Three pre-recorded webinars on how to grow “bee-friendly” plants, manage pests in the nursery and plant nutrition are now available.
March 10, 2015 | Bruce MacKellar | MSU Extension is updating their irrigation scheduling tool to automatically download weather data from MSU Enviro-weather stations for the 2015 growing season.
March 4, 2015 | Heidi Wollaeger | Insulate your plant samples before shipping them to the MSU Diagnostic Services lab to prevent freezing.
February 25, 2015 | James DeDecker | Pesticide applicators in northern Michigan can now keep their certifications current with minimal investment in time and travel.
February 16, 2015 | Stan Moore | Upcoming Agriculture Labor and Farm Safety Meetings will be held in Bad Axe and Shepherd, Michigan.
February 9, 2015 | Dennis Pennington | Commodity markets have adjusted over the last 12 months, have you? Here are 10 strategies for long-term success on your farm.
February 3, 2015 | Mary Dunckel | Farmers across Michigan were asked why do you farm?
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: Apr 15, 2015
Location: 1791 Hillandale Road: Benton Harbor, MI 49022
- Boxwood blight disease identified in North America
- Conducting a Water Application Uniformity Evaluation for a Micro Irrigation System in the Nursery
- Conducting a Water Application Uniformity Evaluation for an Overhead Sprinkler Irrigation System
- Enviroweather Weather Data and Pest Modeling
- Farm Soil Sampling
- Greenhouse Energy Conservation Strategies (E3160)
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Integrated Pest Management Resources
- Michigan Christmas Tree Growers Association
- Michigan State University Christmas tree Area of Expertise Team
- Michigan State University Department of Forestry
- MSU Department of Forestry
- MSU Diagnostics Lab
- Restricted Use Pesticide (RUP) test locations
- Soil and Plant Nutrient Lab
- Weather - Drought
- Weather - Winter Injury in Plants