Nursery & Christmas Trees
Michigan’s climate, soils, and centralized location combine to make Michigan a national leader in the production of landscape nursery stock and Christmas trees. Michigan State University Extension’s programing for the nursery and Christmas tree industries involves field Extension educators, campus based Extension specialists and researchers who provide timely and relevant educational programming. Our goal is deliver the latest science-based information to keep Michigan producers competitive and profitable in today’s economy.
December 15, 2014 | Christina Curell | Need some help making a decision on which clover you should use as a cover crop?
December 15, 2014 | Christina Curell | White clover has many benefits that are useful for cropping systems.
December 15, 2014 | Christina Curell | Crimson clover has many benefits when used at a cover crop for the farm system.
December 15, 2014 | Christina Curell | Crimson clover is a good choice for those who would like to use an annual clover as a cover crop.
December 15, 2014 | Christina Curell | White clover is a good cover crop that if managed correctly can be a great benefit to your cropping system.
December 15, 2014 | Christina Curell | Consider the following management tips for red clover, one of the most widely used cover crops.
December 15, 2014 | Christina Curell | There are many benefits to using red clover as a cover crop, including nitrogen production, serving as a weed suppressor and being widely adaptable.
December 15, 2014 | Ted Ferris | Recent surveys show Breakfast on the Farm impacts the impression and knowledge participants have on modern crop production.
December 5, 2014 | Ron Goldy | How much fertilizer should I apply? Some take the approach that if a little of something is good – more is better. This is rarely a good approach, particularly with fertilizer applications.
December 4, 2014 | Adam Kantrovich | Educational sessions help farmers navigate new Farm Bill programs.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: Jan 8, 2015
Location: Branch County MSU Extension, 570 Marshall St., Suite C, Coldwater, MI 49036
Date: Feb 18, 2015 - Mar 19, 2015
Location: 490 South Paw Paw Street, Lawrence, MI 49064
Date: Feb 18, 2015 - Mar 19, 2015
Location: 490 South Paw Paw Street Lawrence, MI 49064
- Boxwood blight disease identified in North America
- Conducting a Water Application Uniformity Evaluation for a Micro Irrigation System in the Nursery
- Conducting a Water Application Uniformity Evaluation for an Overhead Sprinkler Irrigation System
- Enviroweather Weather Data and Pest Modeling
- Farm Soil Sampling
- Greenhouse Energy Conservation Strategies (E3160)
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Integrated Pest Management Resources
- Michigan Christmas Tree Growers Association
- Michigan State University Christmas tree Area of Expertise Team
- Michigan State University Department of Forestry
- MSU Department of Forestry
- MSU Diagnostics Lab
- Restricted Use Pesticide (RUP) test locations
- Soil and Plant Nutrient Lab
- Weather - Drought
- Weather - Winter Injury in Plants