Michigan’s natural resources – water, forests, fisheries and wildlife – are economic drivers and important factors in our quality of life. Michigan State University Extension programs improve public understanding and knowledge of our state’s natural resources, helps landowners and communities use those assets for sustainable long-term social and economic development, conserves our natural resources base for future generations, and broadens stakeholder engagement in natural resources decision making.
July 29, 2014 | Brandon Schroeder | Lake Huron educators and Great Lakes scientists explore opportunities to enhance student learning through Great Lakes science stewardship opportunities.
July 29, 2014 | Beth Clawson | Moving water plants from a lake to anywhere such as your private pond is illegal and may introduce aquatic invasive species into your own backyard.
July 29, 2014 | Brandon Schroeder | Scheduled for September 8 - 9 in South Haven, this conference will explore and celebrate our Great Lakes fisheries heritage as a means to promote coastal tourism development opportunities.
July 25, 2014 | Marilyn Thelen | Farmers, researchers and crop advisors from across the Midwest will travel to Ames, Iowa for the Resilient Ag Conference, August 5-7.
July 23, 2014 | Mary Bohling | The city of Detroit and the Detroit River have experienced a great deal of environmental change in the last 313 years. Then, like now, it’s impassioned citizens and groups that work to help make the city and the river great.
July 22, 2014 | Brad Neumann | With rainfall intensification predicted in the Midwest, a new checklist guides communities in developing policies and standards to improve flood resilience.
July 18, 2014 | Dean Solomon | Landowners can create excellent and useful maps of their property using the freely-available Google Earth program.
July 18, 2014 | Dean Solomon | Water supply, land use and energy production are all impacted by climate change. How these three sectors interact complicate climate change mitigation and adaptation decisions.
July 18, 2014 | Jane Herbert | The inaugural Michigan Inland Lakes Convention brought participants from across Michigan and beyond for three days of hands-on workshops, presentations and networking.
July 18, 2014 | Julianna Wilson | A statewide brown marmorated stink bug monitoring program in fruit and vegetable crops continues with more sites reporting, but still no detections to report.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: Aug 11, 2014
Location: Lloyd Stage Nature Center, 6685 Coolidge, Troy, MI 48098
Date: Aug 12, 2014
Location: KBS Pasture Dairy Center, 10461 N. 40th St. in Hickory Corners. (Entrance is on N. 39 St.)
Date: Aug 28, 2014
Location: MSU Anaerobic Digestion Research and Education Center, 4090 College Road, Lansing, MI 48910
- Clean Boats Clean Waters
- Climate Change Planning & Adaptation
- Climate Literacy
- Conservation Planning & Education
- Conservation Stewards Program
- Geographic Information Services
- Life of Lake Superior Youth Program
- Michigan 4-H Youth Conservation Council
- Michigan Certified Natural Shoreline Professional
- Michigan Conservation Stewards Program
- Michigan Natural Features Inventory
- Michigan Sea Grant
- N.E. Michigan Great Lakes Stewardship Initiative
- Natural Features Inventories
- Oil and Gas
- Outdoor Adventure Challenge
- Renewable Energy Policy Program
- Summer Discovery Cruises
- Threatened & Endangered Species Conservation
- Water Conservation Program
- Wildfire & Firewise
- A Michigan Boater’s Guide to Selected Invasive Aquatic Plants
- Emerald Ash Borer
- Forest Biomass Innovation Center
- Giant Hogweed (E2935)
- Michigan Butterflies & Skippers (E2675)
- Michigan Forest Communities - A Field Guide and Reference (E3000)
- Michigan Snakes - A Field Guide and Pocket Reference (E2000)
- Michigan Water Stewardship Program
- Michigan’s Water Withdrawal Tool
- MSU Department of Fisheries and Wildlife
- MSUE Bioenergy
- Native Plants and Ecosystems Services… (E3167)
- Natural Resources Enterprises