Michigan’s natural resources – water, forests, fisheries and wildlife – are economic drivers and important factors in our quality of life. Michigan State University Extension programs improve public understanding and knowledge of our state’s natural resources, helps landowners and communities use those assets for sustainable long-term social and economic development, conserves our natural resources base for future generations, and broadens stakeholder engagement in natural resources decision making.
March 25, 2015 | Tim Harrigan | Is there something farmers could do to have the greatest impact on improving water quality?
March 24, 2015 | Curtis Talley Jr | Current oil and gas energy production and supplies are much greater than 2003 forecasts.
March 17, 2015 | Mike Schira | The Michigan forest products industry has adopted the Standard Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI)’s new Standards and Rules for 2015.
March 15, 2015 | Bindu Bhakta | Upcoming leadership development training program currently is designed for those who wish to care for Michigan’s lakes and streams through education, leadership and citizen action. Deadline to apply is March 30.
March 15, 2015 | Brandon Schroeder | School and community partners explore Great Lakes citizen science opportunities through place-based education practices during the regional Northeast Michigan Great Lakes Stewardship Initiative networking meeting.
March 15, 2015 | Brandon Schroeder | Lake Huron fisheries workshops bring communities together with fisheries scientists and managers to discuss new research findings, fishing trends, and management updates.
March 11, 2015 | Dean Solomon | A new draft report about hydraulic fracturing state-level policy options provides excellent background for local planning officials trying to address local oil and gas development issues.
March 11, 2015 | Ron Kinnunen | Local, state and federal agencies are partnering with Michigan Sea Grant, MSU Extension to help communities forecast dangerous currents in Michigan’s Great Lakes.
March 6, 2015 | Steve Stewart | The Great Lakes Education Program begins its 25th year of advancing Great Lakes literacy among K-12 students throughout Southeast Michigan having introduced more than 100,000 participants to the unique wonders of the Great Lakes.
March 6, 2015 | Bill Cook | If you had a timber sale in 2014, then take advantage of the IRS rules that minimize the tax bill. If you are contemplating a timber sale in the near future, you might want to take a look at these IRS rules before the sale. Planning ahead can sometimes sa
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: Apr 9, 2015
Location: MSU Extension, VerKuilen Building, 21885 Dunham Road, Clinton Township, MI 48036, Assemby Rooms A & B
Date: Apr 11, 2015
Location: Dahlem Center 7117 S. Jackson Road Jackson, MI 49201
Date: Apr 16, 2015
Location: Gladwin High School, 1400 N. Spring St, Gladwin, MI 48624
- Clean Boats Clean Waters
- Climate Change and Variability
- Climate Change Planning & Adaptation
- Climate Literacy
- Conservation Planning & Education
- Conservation Stewards Program
- Geographic Information Services
- Life of Lake Superior Youth Program
- Michigan 4-H Youth Conservation Council
- Michigan Certified Natural Shoreline Professional
- Michigan Conservation Stewards Program
- Michigan MarketMaker
- Michigan Natural Features Inventory
- Michigan Sea Grant
- N.E. Michigan Great Lakes Stewardship Initiative
- Natural Features Inventories
- Natural Resource Enterprises
- Oil and Gas
- Outdoor Adventure Challenge
- Renewable Energy Policy Program
- Summer Discovery Cruises
- Threatened & Endangered Species Conservation
- Water Conservation Program
- Wildfire & Firewise
- A Michigan Boater’s Guide to Selected Invasive Aquatic Plants
- Benefits of Forest Management Videos
- Emerald Ash Borer
- Forest Biomass Innovation Center
- Giant Hogweed (E2935)
- Michigan Butterflies & Skippers (E2675)
- Michigan Snakes - A Field Guide and Pocket Reference (E2000)
- Michigan Water Stewardship Program
- Michigan’s Water Withdrawal Tool
- MSU Department of Fisheries and Wildlife
- Native Plants and Ecosystems Services… (E3167)