Michigan’s natural resources – water, forests, fisheries and wildlife – are economic drivers and important factors in our quality of life. Michigan State University Extension programs improve public understanding and knowledge of our state’s natural resources, helps landowners and communities use those assets for sustainable long-term social and economic development, conserves our natural resources base for future generations, and broadens stakeholder engagement in natural resources decision making.
September 18, 2014 | Dean Solomon | Climate change may have significant impacts on water resources use and management according to the Third National Climate Assessment.
September 18, 2014 | Dean Solomon | Water is constantly in motion, rising into the atmosphere as evaporation and falling as precipitation. How climate change impacts the water cycle is a topic of the Third National Climate Assessment.
September 16, 2014 | Brandon Schroeder | Teachers can explore place-based education and enhance student learning opportunities through many citizen science opportunities open to school involvement.
September 15, 2014 | Julianna Wilson | More nymph and adult brown marmorated stink bugs were caught during the week of Sept. 5-11, 2014, at seven sites in Berrien, Lenawee and Ingham counties. Homeowners in Berrien County are starting to report them in greater number.
September 12, 2014 | Brandon Schroeder | Adopting beaches, tagging migrating monarch butterflies, and mapping habitats for endangered species are a just few of the hands-on ways in which teachers and students can get involved as citizen scientists.
September 11, 2014 | Julianna Wilson | A look at what season-long patterns in 2014 compared with 2013 tell us about spotted wing Drosophila in Michigan fruit crops.
September 4, 2014 | Bill Cook | Forests require disturbance to regenerate. How, what, when and why can be management decisions with a purpose, or they can be subject to random natural events.
September 4, 2014 | Julianna Wilson | This will be the last weekly report of the 2014 spotted wing Drosophila monitoring network. Growers of fall berry crops should continue to monitor and protect susceptible crops where SWD are detected.
September 2, 2014 | Heidi Wollaeger | High efficiency heaters and energy curtains could reduce energy usage and increase the environmentally friendliness of your business.
September 2, 2014 | Brandon Schroeder | Lake Huron educators experience Great Lakes fisheries, shipwrecks, and ancient ocean fossils offering opportunities to promote inquiry, science, and stewardship learning with their students.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: Oct 7, 2014
Location: University Center, 80 Livingston Blvd., Gaylord, MI 49735
- Clean Boats Clean Waters
- Climate Change Planning & Adaptation
- Climate Literacy
- Conservation Planning & Education
- Conservation Stewards Program
- Geographic Information Services
- Life of Lake Superior Youth Program
- Michigan 4-H Youth Conservation Council
- Michigan Certified Natural Shoreline Professional
- Michigan Conservation Stewards Program
- Michigan Natural Features Inventory
- Michigan Sea Grant
- N.E. Michigan Great Lakes Stewardship Initiative
- Natural Features Inventories
- Natural Resource Enterprises
- Oil and Gas
- Outdoor Adventure Challenge
- Renewable Energy Policy Program
- Summer Discovery Cruises
- Threatened & Endangered Species Conservation
- Water Conservation Program
- Wildfire & Firewise
- A Michigan Boater’s Guide to Selected Invasive Aquatic Plants
- Benefits of Forest Management Videos
- Emerald Ash Borer
- Forest Biomass Innovation Center
- Giant Hogweed (E2935)
- Michigan Butterflies & Skippers (E2675)
- Michigan Snakes - A Field Guide and Pocket Reference (E2000)
- Michigan Water Stewardship Program
- Michigan’s Water Withdrawal Tool
- MSU Department of Fisheries and Wildlife
- MSUE Bioenergy
- Native Plants and Ecosystems Services… (E3167)