Michigan 4-H Youth Development is committed to providing children aged 5 to 19 with opportunities through 4-H that will:
- Give them skills they can use for a lifetime.
- Help them learn in ways that are appropriate for their developmental stage.
- Help them learn to make friends and work as a team.
- Allow them to experience the value of diversity.
- Offer an emotionally and physically safe learning environment for their educational development.
- Help them grow as citizens through leadership development and service to their communities.
December 9, 2013 | Kittie Butcher | During such a busy time of year, it is easy to lose sight of one of the things our children treasure the most – time spent with us. Infants and toddlers especially need their time with their families.
December 3, 2013 | Kittie Butcher | Three ways to guide your young child’s behavior without resorting to “drama.”
December 3, 2013 | Janelle Stewart | Examining the benefits to communities when youth voice is utilized.
November 26, 2013 | Roxanne Turner | A strong fair is created by establishing strong partnerships.
November 26, 2013 | Janice Zerbe | The basic information everyone should be aware of when making proper introductions.
Michigan 4-H improves college interest and readiness – Part 3: 4-H alumni attend college at a higher
November 22, 2013 | Judy Ratkos | 4-H alumni attend college at a higher rate than same age peers.
November 18, 2013 | Beverly Przystas | Children can begin in elementary school to learn how important life skills are, what they are and become prepared for the rest of their life.
November 18, 2013 | Sandy Risedorph | Individual kits make gifts special.
November 15, 2013 | Jackelyn Martin | Facilitation tips to increase youth voice in decision-making.
November 13, 2013 | Judy Ratkos | 4-H alumni bleed MSU green as well as 4-H clover green.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Events»View more events »
Date: Jan 15, 2014
Location: St. Joseph County MSU Extension Office, 612 E Main St., Centreville, MI 49032
Date: Apr 1, 2014 - Apr 6, 2014
Location: MSU Campus, East Lansing, MI 48824
Date: Jun 18, 2014 - Jun 20, 2014
Location: Michigan State University Campus, East Lansing, MI 48824
- 4-H Arts & Textiles
- 4-H China Project
- 4-H Cloverbuds (Ages 5-8)
- 4-H Communications
- 4-H Companion Animals
- 4-H Dairy Cattle
- 4-H Global & Cultural programs
- 4-H Goats
- 4-H Health & Wellbeing
- 4-H Livestock
- 4-H Rabbits & Cavies
- 4-H Science Blast
- Arts, Textiles, Communications, Food, Clothing
- Junior Citizen Planner
- Revolution of Responsibility