Michigan State University Extension’s focus on horses, ponies, donkeys and mules provides educational resources and activities for both youth and adult equine owners.
May 22, 2012 | Kelly Ewalt | With the rush to get into the fields and orchards this year, safety precautions can be overlooked.
HOT TOPIC2012 Field Project: Impact of spring weather on alfalfa quality – week of May 14th sample results
May 22, 2012 | Faith Cullens | MSU Extension has coordinated a short-term field project to collect data to examine the unusual weather's effect on alfalfa quality.
May 18, 2012 | Kelly Ewalt | Reminders for those farming with arthritis.
HOT TOPIC2012 Field Project: Impact of spring weather on alfalfa quality – week of May 7th sample results
May 14, 2012 | Faith Cullens | Alfalfa harvest should begin this week (week of May 14) for most locations in the southern part of Michigan.
May 8, 2012 | Dale R. Mutch | In 2012, more than 110 projects received funding. If you have an innovative idea, consider applying for a NCR-SARE grant.
May 8, 2012 | Jerry May | Animal housing, manure storages and land application make significant contributions to on farm odors, but when addressing total farm odor livestock farm managers need to consider feed storage and mortality management.
May 7, 2012 | Christina Curell | According to the Extension Disaster Education Network (EDEN) floods are the most common natural disaster that communities face, excluding fire.
May 4, 2012 | Marilyn Thelen | Mild winter, early spring and cool April gives winter annual weeds a competitive edge over alfalfa in established stands.
May 4, 2012 | Brenda J. Reau | Cooperatives can offer great benefits to members but can be challenging to get established.
May 4, 2012 | Claire Layman | The decision to withdraw the rule, including provisions to define the “parental exemption,” was made in response to thousands of comments expressing concerns about the effect of the proposed rules on small family-owned farms.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: May 1, 2015 - May 2, 2015
Location: Muskegon County Fairgrounds, 6621 Heights Ravenna Road, Fruitport, MI 49415
Date: Jun 19, 2015 - Jun 21, 2015
Location: Whiskey Creek Campground, 5080 Sippy Road Custer, MI 49405
- Air Emissions and Animal Agriculture
- Animal Heat Stress Management
- Behavioral Considerations When Housing Horses (E3161)
- Emerging Issues in Animal Agriculture
- Equine Feed and Welfare Resources
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Hay and Pasture for Michigan Horses (E2305)
- Health Considerations When Housing Horses (E3162)
- Michigan 4-H Animal and Veterinary Science Camp materials
- Michigan 4-H Horse & Pony Project Snapshot (4H1614)
- Michigan 4-H Proud Equestrians Program Snapshot (4H1637)
- Michigan CNMP DLL Template
- Michigan Equine News
- MSU Environmental Quality for Agriculture
- MSU Horse Teaching & Research Center
- MSU’s Animal Welfare and Behavior Group
- Odor Management Plans
- Zoonotic Disease