Michigan State University Extension’s focus on horses, ponies, donkeys and mules provides educational resources and activities for both youth and adult equine owners.
May 3, 2012 | Taylor Fabus | Discover ways to be sure that you ride responsibly.
April 30, 2012 | Stan Moore | Getting the best management “Bang for the Buck” out of our personnel records system.
April 30, 2012 | Stan Moore | Any farm that employs individuals is also required to keep certain personnel records. This two part series will cover the legal requirements and how to improve the usefulness of files for employee management.
April 27, 2012 | Tom Guthrie, Dale Rozeboom | Carcass composting is a management option for Michigan equine owners when making decisions about a deceased horse.
April 26, 2012 | Christina Curell | Many farm fields in Michigan have a riparian area to deal with. Here are two basic strategies that can be implemented to protect these areas.
April 20, 2012 | Tom Guthrie | Simple biosecurity measures can help to reduce chances of infectious disease introduction to your horse or horse farm.
April 20, 2012 | Phil Durst | Building on what we learn is only possible if employer and employees together talk about what was learned. Try it!
April 4, 2012 | Roberta Osborne and Natalie Rector | Farmers need to be constantly aware of the remaining storage capacity of liquid manure storage structures in order to be in conformance with GAAMPs.
April 4, 2012 | Taylor Fabus | Have a burning equine-related question? Visit http://www.eXtension.org/horses and have a nationally-recognized equine expert answer your question.
March 28, 2012 | Jeff Andresen | A cool, unsettled weather pattern is likely across the Great Lakes region through early next week.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: Mar 7, 2015
Location: Springfield Oaks Activity Center, 12451 Andersonville Road, Davisburg, MI 48350
Date: Mar 24, 2015
Date: Mar 29, 2015
Location: MSU Pavilion for Livestock and Agriculture Education, 4301 Farm Lane, East Lansing, MI 48910
- Air Emissions and Animal Agriculture
- Animal Heat Stress Management
- Behavioral Considerations When Housing Horses (E3161)
- Emerging Issues in Animal Agriculture
- Equine Feed and Welfare Resources
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Hay and Pasture for Michigan Horses (E2305)
- Health Considerations When Housing Horses (E3162)
- Michigan 4-H Horse & Pony Project Snapshot (4H1614)
- Michigan 4-H Proud Equestrians Program Snapshot (4H1637)
- Michigan CNMP DLL Template
- Michigan Equine News
- MSU Environmental Quality for Agriculture
- MSU Horse Teaching & Research Center
- MSU’s Animal Welfare and Behavior Group
- Odor Management Plans
- Zoonotic Disease