Michigan State University Extension’s focus on horses, ponies, donkeys and mules provides educational resources and activities for both youth and adult equine owners.
March 26, 2015 | Melissa Elischer | The Great Lakes Regional Dairy Conference Planning Committee hosts a professional development for youth to build communication and agricultural advocacy skills.
March 26, 2015 | Jim Isleib | How can cover crops and annual forage crops be included in pasture re-establishment on clay soils? Should they be?
March 23, 2015 | Dr. Judy Marteniuk | Practicing good biosecurity is the best form of prevention.
March 19, 2015 | Makena Schultz | How asking a different set of questions can change a competitive experience from being about the project or showcase to being about the process and the life skills learned.
March 18, 2015 | Christine Skelly | If you are a horse owner, this webinar will help you identify horse-friendly plans and regulations in your local community.
March 16, 2015 | Taylor Fabus | Michigan 4-H horse show judge Jo Ann Kosanic shares her personal perspective on her favorite classes, pet peeves and best piece of advice she’s been given.
March 12, 2015 | Taylor Fabus | Michigan 4-H horse show judge Rich Fitch shares his personal perspective on his favorite classes, pet peeves and the best piece of advice he’s been given.
March 9, 2015 | Julie Thelen | Beyond the farm: Youth and adult leaders share their ideas for keeping animals and humans healthy at a recent statewide 4-H event.
March 9, 2015 | Julie Thelen | Local practices: Youth and adult leaders share their ideas for keeping animals and humans healthy at a recent statewide 4-H event.
March 3, 2015 | Gerald May | Community Considerations for Raising Livestock in Populated Areas is a workshop discussing local planning for livestock facilities in urban and suburban areas.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: Mar 29, 2015
Location: CANCELED - MSU Pavilion for Livestock and Agriculture Education, 4301 Farm Lane, East Lansing, MI 48910
Date: May 1, 2015 - May 2, 2015
Location: Muskegon County Fairgrounds, 6621 Heights Ravenna Road, Fruitport, MI 49415
Date: Jun 19, 2015 - Jun 21, 2015
Location: Whiskey Creek Campground, 5080 Sippy Road Custer, MI 49405
- Air Emissions and Animal Agriculture
- Animal Heat Stress Management
- Behavioral Considerations When Housing Horses (E3161)
- Emerging Issues in Animal Agriculture
- Equine Feed and Welfare Resources
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Hay and Pasture for Michigan Horses (E2305)
- Health Considerations When Housing Horses (E3162)
- Michigan 4-H Animal and Veterinary Science Camp materials
- Michigan 4-H Horse & Pony Project Snapshot (4H1614)
- Michigan 4-H Proud Equestrians Program Snapshot (4H1637)
- Michigan CNMP DLL Template
- Michigan Equine News
- MSU Environmental Quality for Agriculture
- MSU Horse Teaching & Research Center
- MSU’s Animal Welfare and Behavior Group
- Odor Management Plans
- Zoonotic Disease