Michigan State University Extension’s focus on horses, ponies, donkeys and mules provides educational resources and activities for both youth and adult equine owners.
March 3, 2015 | Gerald May | Community Considerations for Raising Livestock in Populated Areas is a workshop discussing local planning for livestock facilities in urban and suburban areas.
February 25, 2015 | Jerry Lindquist | Whether you chop it, bale it, or graze it, the 2015 Great Lakes Forage & Grazing Conference will broaden your knowledge of forages!
February 24, 2015 | Dr. Judy Marteniuk, DVM | Make sure you are taking the steps to keep your animals safe and healthy this winter.
February 16, 2015 | Stan Moore | Upcoming Agriculture Labor and Farm Safety Meetings will be held in Bad Axe and Shepherd, Michigan.
February 10, 2015 | Phil Kaatz | The 2015 Great Lakes Forage and Grazing Conference on March 12 will discuss how using forages can build soil health.
February 3, 2015 | Tim Harrigan | Providing nutrients to crops is essential to farming practices, but is there a way to control water run off with better on-farm management tools?
February 3, 2015 | Mary Dunckel | Farmers across Michigan were asked why do you farm?
February 2, 2015 | Phil Tocco | Neighbors to orchards, vineyards and produce fields may want to think about their role in ensuring the safety of their neighbor’s produce by keeping domesticated and pleasure animals out of produce fields.
January 30, 2015 | Phil Kaatz | Forage producers can increase profitability by using the best forage varieties available.
January 26, 2015 | Julie Thelen | Use these four steps to help keep your 4-H animals healthy during the long Michigan winters.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: Mar 7, 2015
Location: Springfield Oaks Activity Center, 12451 Andersonville Road, Davisburg, MI 48350
Date: Mar 24, 2015
Date: Mar 29, 2015
Location: MSU Pavilion for Livestock and Agriculture Education, 4301 Farm Lane, East Lansing, MI 48910
- Air Emissions and Animal Agriculture
- Animal Heat Stress Management
- Behavioral Considerations When Housing Horses (E3161)
- Emerging Issues in Animal Agriculture
- Equine Feed and Welfare Resources
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Hay and Pasture for Michigan Horses (E2305)
- Health Considerations When Housing Horses (E3162)
- Michigan 4-H Horse & Pony Project Snapshot (4H1614)
- Michigan 4-H Proud Equestrians Program Snapshot (4H1637)
- Michigan CNMP DLL Template
- Michigan Equine News
- MSU Environmental Quality for Agriculture
- MSU Horse Teaching & Research Center
- MSU’s Animal Welfare and Behavior Group
- Odor Management Plans
- Zoonotic Disease