Michigan State University Extension’s focus on horses, ponies, donkeys and mules provides educational resources and activities for both youth and adult equine owners.
July 25, 2014 | Marilyn Thelen | Farmers, researchers and crop advisors from across the Midwest will travel to Ames, Iowa for the Resilient Ag Conference, August 5-7.
July 11, 2014 | Taylor Fabus | Follow this series of articles to learn more about the variety of horse breeds available to horse enthusiasts!
July 10, 2014 | Christine Skelly | 2014 Ag Expo has a horse farm tour, MSUE equine experts and many exhibits for the horse enthusiast.
July 10, 2014 | Charles Gould | The tour will help Michigan farmers understand the economic benefits of a hybrid bioenergy production system and energy conservation practices.
July 7, 2014 | Shelby Bollwahn | In the case of a manure spill, livestock producers should have a spill kit prepared.
July 3, 2014 | Dennis Stein | The ditches and streams on your farmland will fall under new standards if regulations become the law of the land.
June 26, 2014 | Dennis Stein | With wheat harvest only a few weeks away, straw buyers are actively searching for fields to purchase. Sellers of wheat straw often consider straw value as plow down in selling price of straw.
June 26, 2014 | Karen Waite | Spectators and visitors can play a role on keeping equine activities safe and enjoyable.
June 26, 2014 | Taylor Fabus | Follow the “Exploring equine breed series” to learn more about the variety of horse breeds available to horse enthusiasts!
June 24, 2014 | Jim Isleib | Good grazing management and utilization of low cost amendments can result in economical forage and improved bottom line.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: Aug 28, 2014
Location: 2435 N. Tallman Road Fowler, MI
- Air Emissions and Animal Agriculture
- Animal Heat Stress Management Resources
- Behavioral Considerations When Housing Horses (E3161)
- Emerging Issues in Animal Agriculture
- Equine Feed and Welfare Resources
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Hay and Pasture for Michigan Horses (E2305)
- Health Considerations When Housing Horses (E3162)
- Michigan CNMP DLL Template
- Michigan Equine News
- MSU Environmental Quality for Agriculture
- MSU Horse Teaching & Research Center
- MSU’s Animal Welfare and Behavior Group
- Odor Management Plans