Michigan State University Extension provides research-based field crop production recommendations and resources. Assistance is accessible through educational programs, fact sheets, bulletins, articles, websites and individual contacts. The goal is to improve crop production efficiency through increased yields, improved quality, decreased input costs, protected yields and new technologies.
January 30, 2015 | John Stone | The National Pesticide Applicator Certification Core Manual has been revised and a new edition released. This is the study manual Michigan uses to certify Private (RUP) and Commercial Pesticide Applicators and Registered Technicians by examination.
January 30, 2015 | Phil Kaatz | Forage producers can increase profitability by using the best forage varieties available.
January 28, 2015 | Ben Phillips | The old CAT Alert system is still in place, but its name has changed to Michigan State University Extension News.
January 27, 2015 | Lyndon Kelley | Agricultural water users in both Indiana and Michigan with the capacity to pump 70 gallons per minute or more need to report their water use by April 1.
January 27, 2015 | Dennis Stein | New land values and rental information now available for Michigan.
January 23, 2015 | Jim Isleib | Evaluation of 2014 MSU Extension’s Beginning Farmer Webinar Series shows positive results.
January 21, 2015 | Rob Sirrine | Save the date: April 10-11, 2015 in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
January 19, 2015 | Erin Lizotte | The Online Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Academy has added a new webinar: Hop IPM. Learn about IPM in hops, including pesticide considerations and beneficial insects.
January 13, 2015 | Erin Lizotte | Hop growers looking to learn more about the risk and prevention of respiratory disease associated with hop harvest and processing are encouraged to view this recorded webinar.
January 12, 2015 | Lina Rodriguez Salamanca | Try shop.msu.edu to order your 2015 MSU Extension bulletins in print or PDF format. It’s easy, fast and convenient.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: Feb 4, 2015
Location: Menominee County MSU Extension Office conference room, 904 South US 41, Stephenson, MI 49887
Date: Feb 5, 2015
Location: Mason Technology Center, 474 S. Onondaga Road, Mason, MI 48854
Date: Feb 6, 2015
Location: Sanilac Career Center, 175 E. Aiken Road, Peck, MI 48466
- 4-H Plant Science
- Agricultural Literacy
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Farm Bill
- Farm Soil Analysis Services
- Field Crop Webinar Series
- Great Lakes Forage & Grazing Conference
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Conference
- Integrated Crop & Pest Management Update for Agribusiness
- Integrated Pest Management Academy
- Michigan Hay Sellers List
- Michigan MarketMaker
- Michigan Soybean Cyst Nematode Sample Analysis
- Pesticide Applicator Core Manual Reviews
- Saginaw Valley Research & Extension Center Field Day & Tour
- Soil Academy
- Soybean Harvest Equipment Field Day
- Sugar Beet Agronomy Update Sessions
- Sugar Beet Research Reporting Seminar
- Sugar Beet Seed Week
- TARE Variety Trials
- Thumb Ag Reviews
- Tilling the Soil of Opportunity
- Advanced Soil Organic Matter Management (E3137)
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Cool, Wet Spring and Delayed Planting
- Crop Production in the U.P.
- Crop Sustainability
- Enviroweather Weather Data and Pest Modeling
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Farm Soil Sampling
- Fertilizer Recommendation Program
- Field Crops Team
- Forage Information Systems
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Integrated Pest Management Resources
- Michigan State University Bioeconomy Network
- Michigan State University Extension Bioenergy
- Mid-Michigan Variety Trials
- MSU Diagnostics Lab
- Restricted Use Pesticide (RUP) test locations
- Soil and Plant Nutrient Lab
- Weather - Drought
- Weather - Winter Injury in Plants
- Weed Control Guide for Field Crops (E0434)
- Weed Management in Wheat (E2602)