Michigan State University Extension provides research-based field crop production recommendations and resources. Assistance is accessible through educational programs, fact sheets, bulletins, articles, websites and individual contacts. The goal is to improve crop production efficiency through increased yields, improved quality, decreased input costs, protected yields and new technologies.
June 17, 2013 | Mark Seamon | Federal policy is supportive of alternative energy, but not without hurdles.
June 17, 2013 | Bruce MacKellar | Storm-damaged wild cherry trees could pose threat to livestock grazing in pastures.
June 14, 2013 | Jim Isleib | The MSU Upper Peninsula Research and Extension Center is considering new tools to evaluate soil health and fertility.
June 13, 2013 | James DeDecker | Planting nears completion in northwest Michigan. Only dry beans and a few soybeans are left to sow.
June 13, 2013 | Paul Gross | More scouting is necessary for late planted crops in central Michigan.
June 13, 2013 | Phil Kaatz | Thumb region soil conditions vary from good in the northern Thumb to standing water in the southern Thumb.
June 13, 2013 | Fred Springborn | Soil conditions in the west central region were dry enough for some field work this week.
June 13, 2013 | Curtis Talley Jr. | A new issue of the Michigan State University Extension oil and gas newsletter is now available.
June 13, 2013 | Erin Lizotte | Downy mildew and potato leafhoppers have arrived in Michigan hopyards.
June 12, 2013 | Steven Poindexter | Sugarbeet seedling disease levels are high in 2013 due to late planting and excessive rainfall in Michigan.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Events»View more events »
Date: Jul 13, 2013
Location: Walt Dairy Farm 8099 W. Arthur St. Coopersville, Mi 49404
Date: Aug 9, 2013
Location: MSU Horticultural Research Center - 6686 S. Center Highway, Traverse City
Date: Aug 17, 2013
Location: 7240 N. Wisner Rd Breckenridge, MI 48615
- 2012 Weed Control Guide for Field Crops (E0434)
- 2012 Weed Control Guide for Vegetable Crops (E0433)
- Advanced Soil Organic Matter Management (E3137)
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Drought Resources
- Enviroweather Weather Data and Pest Modeling
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Fertilizer Recommendation Program
- Field Crops Team
- Forage Information Systems
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Integrated Pest Management Resources
- Michigan State University Bioeconomy Network
- Michigan State University Extension Bioenergy
- MSU Plant Diagnostics Lab
- Restricted Use Pesticide (RUP) test locations
- Soil and Plant Nutrient Lab
- Weed Management in Wheat (E2602)