Michigan State University Extension provides research-based field crop production recommendations and resources. Assistance is accessible through educational programs, fact sheets, bulletins, articles, websites and individual contacts. The goal is to improve crop production efficiency through increased yields, improved quality, decreased input costs, protected yields and new technologies.
September 16, 2014 | Dennis Stein | Farms that have seen good commodity prices and profits along with Dairy and Beef prices at all-time highs are vulnerable for some real tax issues in 2014.
September 15, 2014 | David Schweikhardt | The 2014 farm bill contains new farm programs that will require complex decisions by farmers. There are actions that should be taken now to prepare for the decisions that must be made during the coming months.
September 15, 2014 | Julianna Wilson | More nymph and adult brown marmorated stink bugs were caught during the week of Sept. 5-11, 2014, at seven sites in Berrien, Lenawee and Ingham counties. Homeowners in Berrien County are starting to report them in greater number.
September 11, 2014 | Hal Hudson | Production recordkeeping is an important task for any vegetable or crop farm, whether small, medium or large in size.
September 10, 2014 | Bruce MacKellar | Soybean sudden death syndrome can be found at low levels in many southwest Michigan fields this fall. Growers should evaluate fields and think about selecting partially resistant varieties where SDS has been on the rise.
September 8, 2014 | Andy Northrop | Connecting local hops with a local brewery allows participants to have a deeper connection to their local food systems.
September 5, 2014 | Julianna Wilson | Five nymph and four adult brown marmorated stink bugs were caught during the week of Aug. 29 to Sept. 4, 2014, at five sites in Berrien, Lenawee and Monroe counties.
September 4, 2014 | Kurt Steinke | New website offers growers and practitioners access to current nutrient recommendations and strategies as well as product performance and tools to maximize return on soil fertility and plant nutrition investments.
September 4, 2014 | Fred Springborn | Join us Sept. 16, 2014, for a research trial tour of white mold on soybeans, and see first-hand how to combat this disease.
September 3, 2014 | Dennis Stein | Current grain and dairy commodity markets updates are now available online.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: Sep 17, 2014
Location: Wayne Schalk Farm, 8183 S. Rogers Rd, Hawks, MI 49743
Date: Oct 9, 2014
Location: 2491 Galbraith Line Road, Yale, Michigan 48097
Date: Dec 1, 2014
Location: Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort, 6800 Soaring Eagle Blvd., Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858
- 4-H Plant Science
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Farm Soil Analysis Services
- Field Crop Webinar Series
- Great Lakes Forage & Grazing Conference
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Conference
- Integrated Crop & Pest Management Update for Agribusiness
- Integrated Pest Management Academy
- Michigan Hay Sellers List
- Michigan MarketMaker
- Michigan Soybean Cyst Nematode Sample Analysis
- Pesticide Applicator Core Manual Reviews
- Saginaw Valley Research & Extension Center Field Day & Tour
- Soil Academy
- Soybean Harvest Equipment Field Day
- Sugar Beet Agronomy Update Sessions
- Sugar Beet Research Reporting Seminar
- Sugar Beet Seed Week
- TARE Variety Trials
- Thumb Ag Reviews
- Tilling the Soil of Opportunity
- Advanced Soil Organic Matter Management (E3137)
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Cool, Wet Spring and Delayed Planting
- Crop Production in the U.P.
- Crop Sustainability
- Enviroweather Weather Data and Pest Modeling
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Farm Soil Sampling
- Fertilizer Recommendation Program
- Field Crops Team
- Forage Information Systems
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Integrated Pest Management Resources
- Michigan State University Bioeconomy Network
- Michigan State University Extension Bioenergy
- Mid-Michigan Variety Trials
- MSU Diagnostics Lab
- Restricted Use Pesticide (RUP) test locations
- Soil and Plant Nutrient Lab
- TARE Variety Trials
- Weather - Drought
- Weather - Winter Injury in Plants
- Weed Control Guide for Field Crops (E0434)
- Weed Management in Wheat (E2602)