Michigan State University Extension provides research-based field crop production recommendations and resources. Assistance is accessible through educational programs, fact sheets, bulletins, articles, websites and individual contacts. The goal is to improve crop production efficiency through increased yields, improved quality, decreased input costs, protected yields and new technologies.
February 27, 2015 | Mike Staton | Michigan soybean growers are encouraged to take a survey on white mold in 2014 to help researchers understand why some fields escaped the disease and others did not.
February 26, 2015 | Jim Isleib | Variety trials on agronomic crops of interest in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula provided useful information.
February 26, 2015 | Jim Isleib | A recent series of cover crop educational meetings and discussions brought interesting new ideas into consideration.
February 26, 2015 | Paul Gross | Farmer survey identified benefits of cover crops in corn and soybean rotations.
February 25, 2015 | Jerry Lindquist | Whether you chop it, bale it, or graze it, the 2015 Great Lakes Forage & Grazing Conference will broaden your knowledge of forages!
February 25, 2015 | James DeDecker | Pesticide applicators in northern Michigan can now keep their certifications current with minimal investment in time and travel.
February 25, 2015 | Diane Brown | Michigan hop growers should be aware of the several changes from 2014 for pesticides registered for use, including new special local needs labels and newly available fungicides and insecticides.
February 24, 2015 | Ashley McFarland | Despite challenging weather at harvest, results from the Michigan State University malting barley trial show potential for quality malting barley produced in northern Michigan.
February 23, 2015 | Dennis Pennington | Increased oil and biofuel production lessen imports and hold prices steady at the pump.
February 16, 2015 | Stan Moore | Upcoming Agriculture Labor and Farm Safety Meetings will be held in Bad Axe and Shepherd, Michigan.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: Mar 5, 2015
Location: The Blue Gate Restaurant, 195 North Van Buren St., Shipshewana, IN 46565
Date: Mar 5, 2015
Location: Monsanto Research Farm, 474 S. Onondaga Rd, Mason, MI 48854
Date: Mar 6, 2015
Location: Michigamme Room, Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- 4-H Plant Science
- Agricultural Literacy
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Farm Bill
- Farm Soil Analysis Services
- Field Crop Webinar Series
- Great Lakes Forage & Grazing Conference
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Conference
- Integrated Crop & Pest Management Update for Agribusiness
- Integrated Pest Management Academy
- Michigan Hay Sellers List
- Michigan MarketMaker
- Michigan Soybean Cyst Nematode Sample Analysis
- Pesticide Applicator Core Manual Reviews
- Pollinators and Pollination
- Saginaw Valley Research & Extension Center Field Day & Tour
- Soil Academy
- Soybean Harvest Equipment Field Day
- Sugar Beet Agronomy Update Sessions
- Sugar Beet Research Reporting Seminar
- Sugar Beet Seed Week
- TARE Variety Trials
- Thumb Ag Reviews
- Tilling the Soil of Opportunity
- Advanced Soil Organic Matter Management (E3137)
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Cool, Wet Spring and Delayed Planting
- Crop Production in the U.P.
- Crop Sustainability
- Enviroweather Weather Data and Pest Modeling
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Farm Soil Sampling
- Fertilizer Recommendation Program
- Field Crops Team
- Forage Information Systems
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Integrated Pest Management Resources
- Michigan 4-H Horticulture Project Snapshot (4H1616)
- Michigan State University Bioeconomy Network
- Michigan State University Extension Bioenergy
- Mid-Michigan Variety Trials
- MSU Diagnostics Lab
- Restricted Use Pesticide (RUP) test locations
- Soil and Plant Nutrient Lab
- Weather - Drought
- Weather - Winter Injury in Plants
- Weed Control Guide for Field Crops (E0434)
- Weed Management in Wheat (E2602)