Michigan State University Extension provides research-based field crop production recommendations and resources. Assistance is accessible through educational programs, fact sheets, bulletins, articles, websites and individual contacts. The goal is to improve crop production efficiency through increased yields, improved quality, decreased input costs, protected yields and new technologies.
April 24, 2014 | Marilyn Thelen | The best laid plans can change with the changing weather. A new corn growing degree day tool uses historical climate dates to help producers make informed decisions when plans change.
April 24, 2014 | James DeDecker | Cool, wet weather is delaying spring field work and slowing development of the wheat crop across Northeast Michigan.
April 24, 2014 | Dan Rossman | The cool weather and damp soils are delaying field work throughout the east central region.
April 24, 2014 | Phil Kaatz | Choices revolve around growing or buying low potassium forages.
April 23, 2014 | Steven Poindexter | Sugarbeet replanting decisions are always difficult due to multiple factors ranging from population, plant health and timing of replants.
April 23, 2014 | Steven Poindexter | Nitrogen is the most important nutrient to impact yield and quality of sugarbeets.
April 22, 2014 | Marilyn Thelen | Fields that have been continuous corn with repeated use of one Bt trait are at risk for developing corn rootworm resistance.
April 22, 2014 | Martin Nagelkirk | Growers are faced with difficult decisions as winter has taken a toll on many winter wheat fields.
April 22, 2014 | Bruce MacKellar | Wheat is off to a slow but encouraging start in Southwest Michigan.
April 18, 2014 | Tom Dudek | Michigan Energy Office has issued a Request for Proposals (RFP) and has matching grants available for energy efficiency projects for farms and small business in Michigan. Here is an overview of what is required for a submission.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
- 2012 Weed Control Guide for Field Crops (E0434)
- 2012 Weed Control Guide for Vegetable Crops (E0433)
- Advanced Soil Organic Matter Management (E3137)
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Crop Production in the U.P.
- Crop Sustainability
- Enviroweather Weather Data and Pest Modeling
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Farm Soil Sampling
- Fertilizer Recommendation Program
- Field Crops Team
- Forage Information Systems
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Integrated Pest Management Resources
- Michigan State University Bioeconomy Network
- Michigan State University Extension Bioenergy
- Mid-Michigan Variety Trials
- MSU Diagnostics Lab
- Restricted Use Pesticide (RUP) test locations
- Soil and Plant Nutrient Lab
- TARE Variety Trials
- Weather - Drought
- Weed Management in Wheat (E2602)