Michigan State University Extension provides research-based field crop production recommendations and resources. Assistance is accessible through educational programs, fact sheets, bulletins, articles, websites and individual contacts. The goal is to improve crop production efficiency through increased yields, improved quality, decreased input costs, protected yields and new technologies.
March 25, 2015 | Tim Harrigan | Is there something farmers could do to have the greatest impact on improving water quality?
March 24, 2015 | Curtis Talley Jr | Current oil and gas energy production and supplies are much greater than 2003 forecasts.
March 24, 2015 | Martin Nagelkirk | The profitable production of winter wheat depends on an ample supply of fertilizer nitrogen. The following outlines some considerations for growers as they develop strategies for this year’s wheat crop.
March 23, 2015 | Phil Kaatz | U.S. and Ukraine dairy operations have similar management challenges with forage supplies.
March 23, 2015 | Steven Poindexter | When managing sugarbeet Rhizoctonia, expect only seedling disease control from seed treatments, use proven practices and be cautious of generic fungicides.
March 23, 2015 | Steven Poindexter | Survey results of Michigan sugarbeet growers attending winter agronomy meetings indicate they have quickly adopted new production practices.
March 20, 2015 | Rob Sirrine | Double Up Food Bucks increases food access in northwest Michigan.
March 20, 2015 | Rob Sirrine | Funding available for agricultural producers to install renewable energy systems.
March 13, 2015 | Martin Nagelkirk | The prospect of a profitable wheat crop in 2015 is reasonably favorable at this point in time. However, there will be obstacles for growers to overcome.
March 11, 2015 | James DeDecker | MSU Extension and partners received SARE grant funds to demonstrate and promote aerial cover crop seeding on northeast Michigan corn and soybean acres.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: Apr 10, 2015 - Apr 11, 2015
Location: L.V. Eberhard Conference Center, Grand Valley State University, 301 W. Fulton St., Grand Rapids, MI 49504
Date: Apr 15, 2015
Location: 1791 Hillandale Road: Benton Harbor, MI 49022
- 4-H Plant Science
- Agricultural Literacy
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Farm Bill
- Farm Soil Analysis Services
- Field Crop Webinar Series
- Great Lakes Forage & Grazing Conference
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Conference
- Integrated Crop & Pest Management Update for Agribusiness
- Integrated Pest Management Academy
- Michigan Hay Sellers List
- Michigan MarketMaker
- Michigan Soybean Cyst Nematode Sample Analysis
- Pesticide Applicator Core Manual Reviews
- Pollinators and Pollination
- Saginaw Valley Research & Extension Center Field Day & Tour
- Soil Academy
- Soybean Harvest Equipment Field Day
- Sugar Beet Agronomy Update Sessions
- Sugar Beet Research Reporting Seminar
- Sugar Beet Seed Week
- TARE Variety Trials
- Thumb Ag Reviews
- Advanced Soil Organic Matter Management (E3137)
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Cool, Wet Spring and Delayed Planting
- Crop Production in the U.P.
- Crop Sustainability
- Enviroweather Weather Data and Pest Modeling
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Farm Soil Sampling
- Fertilizer Recommendation Program
- Field Crops Team
- Forage Information Systems
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Integrated Pest Management Resources
- Michigan 4-H Horticulture Project Snapshot (4H1616)
- Michigan State University Bioeconomy Network
- Michigan State University Extension Bioenergy
- Mid-Michigan Variety Trials
- MSU Diagnostics Lab
- Restricted Use Pesticide (RUP) test locations
- Soil and Plant Nutrient Lab
- Weather - Drought
- Weather - Winter Injury in Plants
- Weed Control Guide for Field Crops (E0434)
- Weed Management in Wheat (E2602)