Michigan State University Extension’s agriculture and agri-business management educational emphasis is on farm business issues, farm labor management, farm markets, and food, agriculture, natural resources, and bioeconomy business development and expansion.
October 16, 2014 | Dennis Stein | A commodity market update is set for Tuesday, October 28, 2014. Farm producers can take part in person or online.
October 10, 2014 | Curtis Talley Jr. | Results of a survey sent to 130 landowners in 19 Michigan counties determines their activities in oil and gas leasing and their sources of assistance information.
October 10, 2014 | Dennis Stein | 2014 Farm Bill safety net programs have several compliance dates now being announced by the USDA FSA that farm landowners and tenant operators need to know.
October 7, 2014 | Jim Isleib | New topics of interest to beginning farmers and experienced farmers considering new enterprises will be offered in 2015. Recordings of past topics are now available.
October 3, 2014 | James DeDecker | Innovative interseeding equipment allows cover crop establishment prior to fall harvest.
October 2, 2014 | Dennis Pennington | Increased interest in tile drainage in agricultural fields raises tax questions.
October 2, 2014 | Jerry Lindquist | Forum on the EPA’s Proposed Waters of the U.S. to be held in Osceola County.
September 23, 2014 | Curtis Talley Jr. | The September 2014 issue of the Landowner Oil and Gas newsletter features development Q&A, information on pipeline rights of ways and a leasing activity update.
September 19, 2014 | David Schweikhardt | There are many new provisions in the 2014 farm bill that landlords should be familiar with.
September 18, 2014 | Dennis Stein | Farms that have seen good commodity prices and profits along with Dairy and Beef prices at all-time highs are vulnerable for some real tax issues in 2014.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: Oct 22, 2014
Location: North Central Michigan College Library, 1515 Howard Street, Petoskey
Date: Oct 23, 2014
Location: Escanaba MSU Extension Office, 2840 College Ave., Escanaba, MI 49829
Date: Oct 28, 2014
- Affordable Care Act Roadmap
- Agricultural Literacy
- Agriculture Labor Issues
- Annie’s Project
- Beef Cattle Ultrasound Program
- Business Analysis & Evaluation System
- Commodity Marketing & Pricing Tools
- Cropland & Building Leasing
- Estate & Farm Succession Planning
- Farm Bill
- Farm Business Organization & Structure
- Farm Financial Performance
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Conference
- Michigan MarketMaker
- MSU Product Center
- Oil and Gas
- Policy, Law & Regulation
- Risk Management
- Tilling the Soil of Opportunity
- Air Emissions and Animal Agriculture
- Cool, Wet Spring and Delayed Planting
- Emerging Issues in Animal Agriculture
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Farm Management Tools
- Farm Soil Sampling
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Helpful resources from MSU Extension educators
- Land Application Records and Sampling (E2824)
- Odor Management Plans
- Weather - Drought
- Weather - Winter Injury in Plants