Michigan State University Extension’s focus on dairy production brings together educators and researchers who have a commitment to enhance the competitive advantage of Michigan dairy producers and Michigan’s dairy industry. Through specialized dairy programs, ranging from online resources and educational seminars to dairy educators located throughout the state, MSU Extension provides Michigan’s dairy industry with easy-to-access information on a consistent basis.
November 19, 2014 | Kevin Gould | Winter is critical to beef cow operation success.
November 19, 2014 | Stan Moore | Everyone knows good communication is important in relationships and business, but throw succession planning into the mix and you’ll discover just how important it is.
November 17, 2014 | Erin Lizotte | MSU Extension is offering Integrated Pest Management Academy Online, a series of online prerecorded webinars. Commercial and private core pesticide recertification credits are available for Michigan applicators. No registration or fees required.
November 12, 2014 | James DeDecker | Whether you are for or against regulation, deer baiting has consequences for Michigan agriculture.
October 28, 2014 | Joanne Davidhizar | Residents of the Berrien County Juvenile Center enjoy more fresh fruits and vegetables through the Michigan Farm to School Grant Program and Andrews University CSA.
October 24, 2014 | Melissa Elischer | The career paths and options related to dairy science and the dairy industry are limitless! No matter what talents or interests a person possesses, there is a dairy-related position waiting to be claimed.
October 24, 2014 | Phil Kaatz | Stress on the plants influences the long-term survival of alfalfa stands.
Landowner survey determines impacts of oil and gas leasing negotiation efforts Part 2: Lease royalty
October 23, 2014 | Curtis Talley Jr. | Results of a survey sent by Michigan State University Extension in 2013 to 130 landowners in 19 Michigan counties determines their activities in oil and gas leasing negotiation regarding the lease royalty.
October 21, 2014 | Jeannine Schweihofer | The cured meat color of processed meats is formed through complex reactions.
October 17, 2014 | Ted Ferris | Annual award is highest honor bestowed by the department.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: Dec 1, 2014
Location: Mass City Community Center
Date: Dec 2, 2014
Location: Iron County Extension Office, 2 S. 6th St., Crystal Falls 49920
Date: Dec 9, 2014
Location: Menominee County Extension Office, S. 904 Highway 41, Stephenson, MI 49887
- 4-H Dairy Cattle Production & Management
- 4-H Veterinary Science
- Agricultural Literacy
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Dairy Farm Labor Management & Regulations
- Dairy Herd Management
- Dairy Marketing
- Developing of Young Dairy Producer Managment Skills
- Farm Bill
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Conference
- Managing Animal Mortalities
- Michigan MarketMaker
- Air Emissions and Animal Agriculture
- Animal Heat Stress Management Resources
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Dairy Cattle Handling Poster (E3155)
- Emerging Issues in Animal Agriculture
- Environmental Stewardship: Controlling Silage Leachage (E3099)
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Helpful resources from MSU Extension educators
- Low-stress Cattle Handling: The Basics (E3100)
- Michigan 4-H Animal Marketing Project Record Book
- Michigan 4-H Dairy Cattle Lease
- Michigan CNMP DLL Template
- MSU Dairy Cattle Teaching and Research Center
- MSU Dairy Team
- MSU Environmental Quality for Agriculture
- MSU’s Animal Welfare and Behavior Group
- Odor Management Plans
- Pasture Dairy at the Kellogg Biological Station
- The Michigan Dairy Review
- Watering Systems for Grazing (E3097)
- Weather - Drought
- Weather - Winter Injury in Plants
- What can I afford to pay for feeder cattle during 2012-2013?
- Zoonotic Disease