Michigan State University Extension’s focus on dairy production brings together educators and researchers who have a commitment to enhance the competitive advantage of Michigan dairy producers and Michigan’s dairy industry. Through specialized dairy programs, ranging from online resources and educational seminars to dairy educators located throughout the state, MSU Extension provides Michigan’s dairy industry with easy-to-access information on a consistent basis.
May 17, 2013 | Dennis Stein | Michigan hay producers are starting the production season with zero surplus supplies so buyers will need to purchase early rather than later.
May 16, 2013 | Phil Durst | Should we consider routine treatment of subclinical milk fever? How does that differ from treating clinical milk fever?
May 16, 2013 | Phil Durst | Fresh cows in your herd may be suffering from something you don’t see. What is it and how can you prevent it?
May 15, 2013 | Phil Kaatz | Summer annual forage seeds may not be available if producers wait too long to order their seed.
May 10, 2013 | Mark Seamon | USDA projections indicate optimism for the agriculture industry.
May 8, 2013 | Faith Cullens | Early May’s warm weather in Michigan led to fast accumulation of Growing Degree Days resulting in a predicted timely to slightly delayed alfalfa harvest.
May 7, 2013 | Emily Mitchell | Carcass contests at county fairs add an irreplaceable opportunity for experiential learning.
May 6, 2013 | Faith Cullens | Researchers at The Ohio State University determine if rebalancing diets for a short term (1-3 day) change in silage dry matter is necessary.
May 1, 2013 | Kevin Gould | Spring grazing schedule is behind normal for 2013 due to low temperatures
May 1, 2013 | Craig Thomas | Dairy market fundamentals are somewhat bearish in the near term but bullish in the longer term.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Events»View more events »
Date: Jun 15, 2013
Location: Reid Dairy Farm, LLC, 7096 Vincent Road, Jeddo, MI 48032
Date: Jul 13, 2013
Location: Walt Dairy Farm 8099 W. Arthur St. Coopersville, Mi 49404
Date: Sep 7, 2013
Location: Black Locust Farms, LLC. 5644 N. Derby Rd Stanton, Mi 48888
- Air Emissions and Animal Agriculture
- Animal Heat Stress Management Resources
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Dairy Cattle Handling Poster (E3155)
- Drought Resources
- Emerging Issues in Animal Agriculture
- Environmental Stewardship: Controlling Silage Leachage (E3099)
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Helpful resources from MSU Extension educators
- Low-stress Cattle Handling: The Basics (E3100)
- Michigan CNMP DLL Template
- MSU Dairy Cattle Teaching and Research Center
- MSU Dairy Team
- MSU Environmental Quality for Agriculture
- MSU’s Animal Welfare and Behavior Group
- Odor Management Plans
- Pasture Dairy at the Kellogg Biological Station
- The Michigan Dairy Review
- What can I afford to pay for feeder cattle during 2012-2013?