Michigan State University Extension’s focus on dairy production brings together educators and researchers who have a commitment to enhance the competitive advantage of Michigan dairy producers and Michigan’s dairy industry. Through specialized dairy programs, ranging from online resources and educational seminars to dairy educators located throughout the state, MSU Extension provides Michigan’s dairy industry with easy-to-access information on a consistent basis.
January 30, 2015 | Phil Kaatz | Forage producers can increase profitability by using the best forage varieties available.
January 27, 2015 | Lyndon Kelley | Agricultural water users in both Indiana and Michigan with the capacity to pump 70 gallons per minute or more need to report their water use by April 1.
January 27, 2015 | Phil Durst | Colostrum and milk can be a means of transmission of BLV within a herd, or not.
January 27, 2015 | Phil Durst | Follow the potential routes of spread of BLV like a bloodhound!
January 27, 2015 | Julie Thelen | The Zoonotic Disease Educational Toolkits can be used in a variety of settings. Check out the list below for ten tips and tricks for this new resource!
January 26, 2015 | Julie Thelen | Use these four steps to help keep your 4-H animals healthy during the long Michigan winters.
January 23, 2015 | Jim Isleib | Evaluation of 2014 MSU Extension’s Beginning Farmer Webinar Series shows positive results.
January 20, 2015 | Phil Durst | The more we learn about the impact of BLV on cows, the worse it gets.
January 20, 2015 | Phil Durst | What if your cows had to fight disease with one hoof tied behind their back – so to speak!
January 20, 2015 | Phil Durst | Have you been ignoring an elephant in the barn? BLV doesn’t spell elephant, but it may well be one.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: Feb 10, 2015
Location: Livestock Pavilion, East Lansing, MI (south of campus on Farm Lane)
Date: Feb 11, 2015
Location: Wood County Junior Fair Building, Bowling Green, Ohio
Date: Feb 12, 2015
Location: Royal Canadian Legion, 493 Erie Street, Wyoming, Ontario
- 4-H Dairy Cattle Production & Management
- 4-H Veterinary Science
- Agricultural Literacy
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Dairy Farm Labor Management & Regulations
- Dairy Herd Management
- Dairy Marketing
- Developing of Young Dairy Producer Managment Skills
- Farm Bill
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Conference
- Managing Animal Mortalities
- Michigan MarketMaker
- Air Emissions and Animal Agriculture
- Animal Heat Stress Management
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Emerging Issues in Animal Agriculture
- Environmental Stewardship: Controlling Silage Leachage (E3099)
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Helpful resources from MSU Extension educators
- Low-stress Cattle Handling: The Basics (E3100)
- Michigan 4-H Dairy Cattle Lease
- Michigan 4-H Market Animal Project Record Book
- Michigan CNMP DLL Template
- MSU Dairy Cattle Teaching and Research Center
- MSU Dairy Team
- MSU Environmental Quality for Agriculture
- MSU’s Animal Welfare and Behavior Group
- Odor Management Plans
- Pasture Dairy at the Kellogg Biological Station
- The Michigan Dairy Review
- Watering Systems for Grazing (E3097)
- Weather - Drought
- Weather - Winter Injury in Plants
- What can I afford to pay for feeder cattle during 2012-2013?
- Zoonotic Disease