Michigan State University Extension’s focus on dairy production brings together educators and researchers who have a commitment to enhance the competitive advantage of Michigan dairy producers and Michigan’s dairy industry. Through specialized dairy programs, ranging from online resources and educational seminars to dairy educators located throughout the state, MSU Extension provides Michigan’s dairy industry with easy-to-access information on a consistent basis.
December 18, 2014 | Joanne Davidhizar | Food-related business operators can easily set up online profiles on the new and improved MarketMaker in just a few steps.
December 18, 2014 | Joanne Davidhizar | MarketMaker has a new look and has been updated with new search features to link food markets across the U.S.
December 15, 2014 | Christina Curell | Need some help making a decision on which clover you should use as a cover crop?
December 15, 2014 | Christina Curell | White clover has many benefits that are useful for cropping systems.
December 15, 2014 | Christina Curell | Crimson clover has many benefits when used at a cover crop for the farm system.
December 15, 2014 | Christina Curell | Consider the following management tips for red clover, one of the most widely used cover crops.
December 15, 2014 | Christina Curell | There are many benefits to using red clover as a cover crop, including nitrogen production, serving as a weed suppressor and being widely adaptable.
December 15, 2014 | Ted Ferris | Recent surveys show Breakfast on the Farm impacts the impression and knowledge participants have on modern crop production.
December 15, 2014 | Dennis Stein | With grain farms facing the lowest prices they have seen in several years, many farms will need to utilize their operating line of credit to close out 2014.
December 12, 2014 | Jeannine Schweihofer | There are resources available to help you select and prepare the perfect beef dinner.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: Jan 6, 2015
Location: Garfield Township Hall, N6760 M-117, Engadine, MI 49827
Date: Jan 7, 2015
Location: Delta County Extension Office, 2840 College Ave., Escanaba, MI 49829
Date: Jan 8, 2015
Location: 6569 Clay Ave. S.W., Grand Rapids, MI 49548
- 4-H Dairy Cattle Production & Management
- 4-H Veterinary Science
- Agricultural Literacy
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Dairy Farm Labor Management & Regulations
- Dairy Herd Management
- Dairy Marketing
- Developing of Young Dairy Producer Managment Skills
- Farm Bill
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Conference
- Managing Animal Mortalities
- Michigan MarketMaker
- Air Emissions and Animal Agriculture
- Animal Heat Stress Management
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Dairy Cattle Handling Poster (E3155)
- Emerging Issues in Animal Agriculture
- Environmental Stewardship: Controlling Silage Leachage (E3099)
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Helpful resources from MSU Extension educators
- Low-stress Cattle Handling: The Basics (E3100)
- Michigan 4-H Dairy Cattle Lease
- Michigan 4-H Market Animal Project Record Book
- Michigan CNMP DLL Template
- MSU Dairy Cattle Teaching and Research Center
- MSU Dairy Team
- MSU Environmental Quality for Agriculture
- MSU’s Animal Welfare and Behavior Group
- Odor Management Plans
- Pasture Dairy at the Kellogg Biological Station
- The Michigan Dairy Review
- Watering Systems for Grazing (E3097)
- Weather - Drought
- Weather - Winter Injury in Plants
- What can I afford to pay for feeder cattle during 2012-2013?
- Zoonotic Disease