Michigan State University Extension’s focus on dairy production brings together educators and researchers who have a commitment to enhance the competitive advantage of Michigan dairy producers and Michigan’s dairy industry. Through specialized dairy programs, ranging from online resources and educational seminars to dairy educators located throughout the state, MSU Extension provides Michigan’s dairy industry with easy-to-access information on a consistent basis.
April 15, 2014 | Dennis Stein | Staying current on commodity markets requires regular updates on changes which is the focus of a webcast scheduled for April 29, 2014.
April 14, 2014 | Melissa Elischer | This new series will explore basic concepts of animal welfare and why it is important 4-H youth involved in animal projects understand this subject.
April 11, 2014 | Stan Moore | Even when you think you do a good job of communicating with employees, you don’t really know what they heard unless you ask.
April 10, 2014 | Shelby Bollwahn | With spring-like weather finally arriving in most parts of Michigan, livestock producers are looking to get in the field to spread manure before planting season arrives.
April 10, 2014 | Jerry May | Allowing fields to dry out before applying manure will reduce compaction and allow for normal crop growth and production. Manure storage nearing full capacity need to be monitored and emergency action plans developed until field conditions improve.
April 10, 2014 | Stan Moore | Employers who look to employee handbooks as policy manuals meant to keep them out of trouble are missing other opportunities.
April 10, 2014 | Jeannine Schweihofer | An entire shift is dedicated each day to sanitation in meat and poultry plants.
April 9, 2014 | Melissa Elischer | This article will continue to explore the basic concepts of animal welfare and why it is important 4-H youth involved in animal projects understand this subject.
April 8, 2014 | Nancy Thelen | Advocating agriculture can take place in numerous settings.
April 3, 2014 | Phil Durst | Continued growth in Michigan dairy production pushes it up to become the seventh leading dairy state, bringing great economic impact to Michigan.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: Apr 17, 2014
Location: 5401 W. Jennings Road, Lake City, MI
Date: Apr 19, 2014
Location: 9144 50th Ave., Remus, MI
Date: Apr 21, 2014 - Apr 25, 2014
Location: Upper Peninsula
- Air Emissions and Animal Agriculture
- Animal Heat Stress Management Resources
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Dairy Cattle Handling Poster (E3155)
- Emerging Issues in Animal Agriculture
- Environmental Stewardship: Controlling Silage Leachage (E3099)
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Helpful resources from MSU Extension educators
- Low-stress Cattle Handling: The Basics (E3100)
- Michigan CNMP DLL Template
- MSU Dairy Cattle Teaching and Research Center
- MSU Dairy Team
- MSU Environmental Quality for Agriculture
- MSU’s Animal Welfare and Behavior Group
- Odor Management Plans
- Pasture Dairy at the Kellogg Biological Station
- The Michigan Dairy Review
- Weather - Drought
- What can I afford to pay for feeder cattle during 2012-2013?