Michigan State University Extension’s focus on dairy production brings together educators and researchers who have a commitment to enhance the competitive advantage of Michigan dairy producers and Michigan’s dairy industry. Through specialized dairy programs, ranging from online resources and educational seminars to dairy educators located throughout the state, MSU Extension provides Michigan’s dairy industry with easy-to-access information on a consistent basis.
September 29, 2014 | Jeannine Schweihofer | A new tool is available to beef producers when pricing beef carcasses for consumers.
September 26, 2014 | Jerry Lindquist | Extending fall livestock grazing with cover crops can cut feeding costs in half.
September 23, 2014 | Curtis Talley Jr. | The September 2014 issue of the Landowner Oil and Gas newsletter features development Q&A, information on pipeline rights of ways and a leasing activity update.
September 23, 2014 | Phil Kaatz | Frost events will make management decisions more important for silage producers.
September 19, 2014 | David Schweikhardt | There are many new provisions in the 2014 farm bill that landlords should be familiar with.
September 18, 2014 | Dennis Stein | Farms that have seen good commodity prices and profits along with Dairy and Beef prices at all-time highs are vulnerable for some real tax issues in 2014.
September 15, 2014 | David Schweikhardt | The 2014 farm bill contains new farm programs that will require complex decisions by farmers. There are actions that should be taken now to prepare for the decisions that must be made during the coming months.
September 9, 2014 | Julie Thelen | Breakfast on the Farm served up more than just a delicious breakfast on September 6, 2014. Visitors enjoyed breakfast before touring a farm filled with volunteers ready to share their knowledge and answer questions.
September 5, 2014 | Joanne Davidhizar | Cottage to Commercial training will help you understand how to turn your food business idea into a commercial reality.
September 3, 2014 | Dennis Stein | Current grain and dairy commodity markets updates are now available online.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: Oct 1, 2014
Location: Muskegon County Building, 133 East Apple Avenue, Room 203, Muskegon, MI 49442
Date: Oct 18, 2014
Location: Maxwell's Pumpkin Farm, 4676 S. M-18, Beaverton, MI 48612
Date: Feb 27, 2015 - Feb 28, 2015
Location: Kettunen Center, 14901 4-H Drive, Tustin, MI 49688
- 4-H Dairy Cattle Production & Management
- 4-H Veterinary Science
- Agricultural Literacy
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Dairy Farm Labor Management & Regulations
- Dairy Herd Management
- Dairy Marketing
- Developing of Young Dairy Producer Managment Skills
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Conference
- Managing Animal Mortalities
- Michigan MarketMaker
- Air Emissions and Animal Agriculture
- Animal Heat Stress Management Resources
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Dairy Cattle Handling Poster (E3155)
- Emerging Issues in Animal Agriculture
- Environmental Stewardship: Controlling Silage Leachage (E3099)
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Helpful resources from MSU Extension educators
- Low-stress Cattle Handling: The Basics (E3100)
- Michigan 4-H Dairy Cattle Lease
- Michigan CNMP DLL Template
- MSU Dairy Cattle Teaching and Research Center
- MSU Dairy Team
- MSU Environmental Quality for Agriculture
- MSU’s Animal Welfare and Behavior Group
- Odor Management Plans
- Pasture Dairy at the Kellogg Biological Station
- The Michigan Dairy Review
- Weather - Drought
- Weather - Winter Injury in Plants
- What can I afford to pay for feeder cattle during 2012-2013?