Michigan State University Extension’s focus on dairy production brings together educators and researchers who have a commitment to enhance the competitive advantage of Michigan dairy producers and Michigan’s dairy industry. Through specialized dairy programs, ranging from online resources and educational seminars to dairy educators located throughout the state, MSU Extension provides Michigan’s dairy industry with easy-to-access information on a consistent basis.
March 10, 2014 | Phil Kaatz | Paying attention to detail is something all producers can do to improve their forage quality.
March 7, 2014 | Nancy Thelen | Agricultural promotion happens each day in numerous ways. Just one example of the importance of sharing ideas and messages about agricultural promotion comes from a recent statewide 4-H event.
March 7, 2014 | Jeff Andresen | While milder weather and some moderation are expected in the short term, medium and longer lead forecast guidance suggests a general continuation of colder than normal temperatures.
March 6, 2014 | James DeDecker | Growers can broadcast legume and brassica seeds in late winter to produce inexpensive cover, forage and fertility for years to come.
March 5, 2014 | Jim Isleib | MSU Extension’s 2014 Beginning Farmer Webinar Series is getting good participation from Michigan, several other states, Ontario and even Australia.
February 28, 2014 | Stan Moore | It’s estimated that U.S. farms lose an average of 20 percent of their forages to shrink.
February 28, 2014 | Stan Moore | t’s estimated that U.S. farms lose an average of 20 percent of their forages to shrink. It’s a big deal, so what can you do about it?
February 28, 2014 | Kevin Gould | Beef calf scours signs and treatment strategies.
February 28, 2014 | Kevin Gould | Managing calf scours in young beef calves.
February 28, 2014 | Stan Moore | Three upcoming Agriculture Labor and Farm Safety Meetings will be held in Bad Axe, Shepherd and Cadillac.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: Mar 12, 2014
Location: Franklin Inn, 1070 E. Huron Avenue, Bad Axe MI, 48413
Date: Mar 13, 2014
Location: Szikszay Farms, 8329 North Irish Road Otisville, MI 48463.
Date: Mar 14, 2014
Location: 2831 Hayes St., Marne, MI
- Air Emissions and Animal Agriculture
- Animal Heat Stress Management Resources
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Dairy Cattle Handling Poster (E3155)
- Emerging Issues in Animal Agriculture
- Environmental Stewardship: Controlling Silage Leachage (E3099)
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Helpful resources from MSU Extension educators
- Low-stress Cattle Handling: The Basics (E3100)
- Michigan CNMP DLL Template
- MSU Dairy Cattle Teaching and Research Center
- MSU Dairy Team
- MSU Environmental Quality for Agriculture
- MSU’s Animal Welfare and Behavior Group
- Odor Management Plans
- Pasture Dairy at the Kellogg Biological Station
- The Michigan Dairy Review
- Weather - Drought
- What can I afford to pay for feeder cattle during 2012-2013?