Michigan State University Extension’s focus on dairy production brings together educators and researchers who have a commitment to enhance the competitive advantage of Michigan dairy producers and Michigan’s dairy industry. Through specialized dairy programs, ranging from online resources and educational seminars to dairy educators located throughout the state, MSU Extension provides Michigan’s dairy industry with easy-to-access information on a consistent basis.
October 28, 2014 | Joanne Davidhizar | Residents of the Berrien County Juvenile Center enjoy more fresh fruits and vegetables through the Michigan Farm to School Grant Program and Andrews University CSA.
October 24, 2014 | Melissa Elischer | The career paths and options related to dairy science and the dairy industry are limitless! No matter what talents or interests a person possesses, there is a dairy-related position waiting to be claimed.
October 24, 2014 | Phil Kaatz | Stress on the plants influences the long-term survival of alfalfa stands.
Landowner survey determines impacts of oil and gas leasing negotiation efforts Part 2: Lease royalty
October 23, 2014 | Curtis Talley Jr. | Results of a survey sent by Michigan State University Extension in 2013 to 130 landowners in 19 Michigan counties determines their activities in oil and gas leasing negotiation regarding the lease royalty.
October 21, 2014 | Jeannine Schweihofer | The cured meat color of processed meats is formed through complex reactions.
October 17, 2014 | Ted Ferris | Annual award is highest honor bestowed by the department.
October 16, 2014 | Dennis Stein | A commodity market update is set for Tuesday, October 28, 2014. Farm producers can take part in person or online.
October 15, 2014 | Melissa Elischer | This series of articles will introduce animal judging – what it is, the life skills it helps youth to develop, where it can take youth and why everyone should try it!
October 14, 2014 | Jim Isleib | Michigan grazers and forage growers have mixed feelings about reed canarygrass, a forage grass species.
October 10, 2014 | Jeannine Schweihofer | The form of myoglobin and other factors contribute to cooked meat color and make color a poor indicator of if meat is safe to eat.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: Dec 9, 2014 - Sep 8, 2015
Location: Isabella County Building, 200 N. Main St., Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858
Date: Feb 27, 2015 - Feb 28, 2015
Location: Kettunen Center, 14901 4-H Drive, Tustin, MI 49688
Date: Mar 27, 2015 - Mar 29, 2015
Location: Kettunen Center, 14901 4-H Drive, Tustin, MI, 49688
- 4-H Dairy Cattle Production & Management
- 4-H Veterinary Science
- Agricultural Literacy
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Dairy Farm Labor Management & Regulations
- Dairy Herd Management
- Dairy Marketing
- Developing of Young Dairy Producer Managment Skills
- Farm Bill
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Conference
- Managing Animal Mortalities
- Michigan MarketMaker
- Air Emissions and Animal Agriculture
- Animal Heat Stress Management Resources
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Dairy Cattle Handling Poster (E3155)
- Emerging Issues in Animal Agriculture
- Environmental Stewardship: Controlling Silage Leachage (E3099)
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Helpful resources from MSU Extension educators
- Low-stress Cattle Handling: The Basics (E3100)
- Michigan 4-H Animal Marketing Project Record Book
- Michigan 4-H Dairy Cattle Lease
- Michigan CNMP DLL Template
- MSU Dairy Cattle Teaching and Research Center
- MSU Dairy Team
- MSU Environmental Quality for Agriculture
- MSU’s Animal Welfare and Behavior Group
- Odor Management Plans
- Pasture Dairy at the Kellogg Biological Station
- The Michigan Dairy Review
- Watering Systems for Grazing (E3097)
- Weather - Drought
- Weather - Winter Injury in Plants
- What can I afford to pay for feeder cattle during 2012-2013?