Michigan State University Extension’s focus on dairy production brings together educators and researchers who have a commitment to enhance the competitive advantage of Michigan dairy producers and Michigan’s dairy industry. Through specialized dairy programs, ranging from online resources and educational seminars to dairy educators located throughout the state, MSU Extension provides Michigan’s dairy industry with easy-to-access information on a consistent basis.
February 26, 2015 | Jim Isleib | Variety trials on agronomic crops of interest in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula provided useful information.
February 26, 2015 | Jim Isleib | A recent series of cover crop educational meetings and discussions brought interesting new ideas into consideration.
February 25, 2015 | Jerry Lindquist | Whether you chop it, bale it, or graze it, the 2015 Great Lakes Forage & Grazing Conference will broaden your knowledge of forages!
February 24, 2015 | Dr. Judy Marteniuk, DVM | Make sure you are taking the steps to keep your animals safe and healthy this winter.
February 19, 2015 | Julie Thelen | Wool, meat and milk are celebrated in February for National Lamb Month.
February 16, 2015 | Stan Moore | Upcoming Agriculture Labor and Farm Safety Meetings will be held in Bad Axe and Shepherd, Michigan.
February 10, 2015 | Phil Kaatz | The 2015 Great Lakes Forage and Grazing Conference on March 12 will discuss how using forages can build soil health.
February 3, 2015 | Kathy Lee | Plan to attend one of the Focus on Dairy Production meetings to keep up to date about timely topics that are important to managing today’s dairy farms.
February 3, 2015 | Tim Harrigan | Providing nutrients to crops is essential to farming practices, but is there a way to control water run off with better on-farm management tools?
February 3, 2015 | Mary Dunckel | Farmers across Michigan were asked why do you farm?
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: Mar 4, 2015
Location: Falmouth Community Center, 219 E. Prosper Rd., Falmouth, MI
Date: Mar 6, 2015
Location: Michigamme Room, Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
Date: Mar 10, 2015
Location: Joseph Heirman University Center, 2001 N Lincoln Road, Escanaba, MI 49828
- 4-H Dairy Cattle Production & Management
- 4-H Veterinary Science
- Agricultural Literacy
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Dairy Farm Labor Management & Regulations
- Dairy Herd Management
- Dairy Marketing
- Developing of Young Dairy Producer Managment Skills
- Farm Bill
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Conference
- Managing Animal Mortalities
- Michigan MarketMaker
- Air Emissions and Animal Agriculture
- Animal Heat Stress Management
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Emerging Issues in Animal Agriculture
- Environmental Stewardship: Controlling Silage Leachage (E3099)
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Helpful resources from MSU Extension educators
- Low-stress Cattle Handling: The Basics (E3100)
- Michigan 4-H Biological Sciences Project Snapshot (4H1622)
- Michigan 4-H Dairy Cattle Lease
- Michigan 4-H Market Animal Project Record Book
- Michigan CNMP DLL Template
- MSU Dairy Cattle Teaching and Research Center
- MSU Dairy Team
- MSU Environmental Quality for Agriculture
- MSU’s Animal Welfare and Behavior Group
- Odor Management Plans
- Pasture Dairy at the Kellogg Biological Station
- The Michigan Dairy Review
- Watering Systems for Grazing (E3097)
- Weather - Drought
- Weather - Winter Injury in Plants
- What can I afford to pay for feeder cattle during 2012-2013?
- Zoonotic Disease