Michigan State University Extension aims to provide information to help beef producers to overcome current and future challenges.
MSU Extension serves the Michigan beef industry by engaging in research, education and extension that enhances the quality of life for constituents through opportunities to advance animal health, welfare, productivity, environmental sustainability, product quality and economic viability.
July 21, 2014 | Kevin Gould | Foundations are important. Feet are the foundation of cattle and this may be a year when producers see increased incidence footrot in the herd.
July 15, 2014 | Phil Durst | The cow-calf business depends on the production of calves. Too many producers leave that up to chance. What about you?
July 10, 2014 | Mary Dunckel | Michigan State University Extension partnered with area dairy producers and Neiman’s Family Market to celebrate June Dairy Month in northeast Michigan.
July 10, 2014 | Charles Gould | The tour will help Michigan farmers understand the economic benefits of a hybrid bioenergy production system and energy conservation practices.
July 8, 2014 | Julie Thelen | Dress for success while showing your 4-H animal project. Follow this news article series to prepare for your successful show ring experience.
July 7, 2014 | Shelby Bollwahn | In the case of a manure spill, livestock producers should have a spill kit prepared.
July 3, 2014 | Dennis Stein | The ditches and streams on your farmland will fall under new standards if regulations become the law of the land.
July 2, 2014 | Julie Thelen | Having confidence with your animal project will help you at the fair and in the show ring. Follow this news article series to prepare for your successful show ring experience.
June 30, 2014 | Nancy Thelen | The 2014 Breakfast on the Farm programs will soon be getting underway, but it is also time for interested farm families to apply to host a 2015 event.
June 26, 2014 | Dennis Stein | With wheat harvest only a few weeks away, straw buyers are actively searching for fields to purchase. Sellers of wheat straw often consider straw value as plow down in selling price of straw.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: Jul 28, 2014
Location: Brule River Farm, 1272 M-73, Iron River, MI 49935
Date: Aug 2, 2014
Location: Multiple (see description)
Date: Aug 28, 2014
Location: 2435 N. Tallman Road Fowler, MI
- 4-H Beef Production & Managment
- 4-H Veterinary Science
- Beef Cattle Ultrasound Program
- Beef Quality Assurance
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Bull Breeding Soundness Exam Clinics
- Grazing Systems
- Great Lakes Professional Cattle Feeding & Marketing Short Course
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Conference
- Managing Animal Mortalities
- MCA & MSU Bull Evaluation
- Meat Marketing & Processing
- Michigan MarketMaker
- Specialized Meat Processing Variance Training
- Air Emissions and Animal Agriculture
- Animal Heat Stress Management Resources
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Emerging Issues in Animal Agriculture
- Environmental Stewardship: Controlling Silage Leachage (E3099)
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Incorporating Distiller’s Grain in Beef Cattle Diets (E3074)
- Low-stress Cattle Handling: The Basics (E3100)
- Michigan CNMP DLL Template
- MSU Beef Team
- MSU Environmental Quality for Agriculture
- MSU’s Animal Welfare and Behavior Group
- Odor Management Plans
- Watering Systems for Grazing (E3097)
- Weather - Drought
- What can I afford to pay for feeder cattle during 2012-2013?