Supporting agriculture is key to a brighter future. Michigan State University Extension works to increase farmers’ success while protecting the environment, ensuring food safety, reaching new markets and advancing agriculture through applied research.
March 26, 2015 | Melissa Elischer | The Great Lakes Regional Dairy Conference Planning Committee hosts a professional development for youth to build communication and agricultural advocacy skills.
March 26, 2015 | Bob Tritten | Tree fruit growers will hear a variety of presentations designed to help prepare them for the 2015 growing season and obtain high-quality fruit crops.
March 26, 2015 | Jim Isleib | How can cover crops and annual forage crops be included in pasture re-establishment on clay soils? Should they be?
March 26, 2015 | Kristin Getter | Pesticides that are past their shelf life may be ineffective and could cause plant phytotoxicity.
March 25, 2015 | Tim Harrigan | Is there something farmers could do to have the greatest impact on improving water quality?
March 25, 2015 | Kristin Getter | Poor rooting percentages from stock plant cuttings may be due to nutrition.
March 25, 2015 | John Wise | Summary of insecticide and miticide label additions, clarifications and corrections to the 2015 Michigan Fruit Management Guide (E-154).
March 24, 2015 | Curtis Talley Jr | Current oil and gas energy production and supplies are much greater than 2003 forecasts.
March 24, 2015 | Bert Cregg | Frequently asked questions about spruce decline.
March 24, 2015 | Martin Nagelkirk | The profitable production of winter wheat depends on an ample supply of fertilizer nitrogen. The following outlines some considerations for growers as they develop strategies for this year’s wheat crop.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: Mar 29, 2015
Location: MSU Pavilion for Livestock and Agriculture Education, 4301 Farm Lane, East Lansing, MI 48910
Date: Mar 31, 2015
Location: Hart United Methodist Church, 308 S. State Street, Hart, MI 49420
Date: Apr 10, 2015 - Apr 11, 2015
Location: L.V. Eberhard Conference Center, Grand Valley State University, 301 W. Fulton St., Grand Rapids, MI 49504
- 4-H Animal & Vet Science Camp
- 4-H Animal Evaluation
- Affordable Care Act Roadmap
- Ag Action Days
- Agricultural Literacy
- Beef Cattle Ultrasound Program
- Beginning Farmer Webinar Series
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Farm Bill
- Farmers Day
- Farming for You
- Great Lakes Fruit, Vegetable & Farm Market Expo (GLEXPO)
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Conference
- Integrated Pest Management Academy
- Managing Animal Mortalities
- Meat Processing Variance Training
- Michigan MarketMaker
- Michigan UP Ag for Tomorrow Conference
- Oil and Gas
- On-Farm Education
- Pollinators and Pollination
- TARE Variety Trials
- 2014 Growing Michigan Agriculture Agenda
- Animal Heat Stress Management
- Black dot (E3181)
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Brown leaf spot (E3182)
- Crop Production in the U.P.
- Crop Sustainability
- Emerging Issues in Animal Agriculture
- Equine Feed and Welfare Resources
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Farm Management Tools
- Farm Soil Sampling
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Growing Michigan Agriculture sponsorship opportunities
- Incorporating Distiller’s Grain in Beef Cattle Diets (E3074)
- Integrated Pest Management Resources
- Late blight alert for tomatoes and potatoes
- Mid-Michigan Variety Trials
- MSU Dairy Cattle Teaching and Research Center
- MSU Environmental Quality for Agriculture
- MSU Product Center—Food, Ag, Bio
- MSU Sheep Teaching & Research Center
- MSU’s Animal Welfare and Behavior Group
- Odor Management Plans
- Pasture Dairy at the Kellogg Biological Station
- Restricted Use Pesticide (RUP) test locations
- Soil and Plant Nutrient Lab
- The Michigan Dairy Review
- Tollgate Education Center
- Weather - Drought
- Weather - Winter Injury in Plants