Supporting agriculture is key to a brighter future. Michigan State University Extension works to increase farmers’ success while protecting the environment, ensuring food safety, reaching new markets and advancing agriculture through applied research.
February 27, 2015 | Mike Staton | Michigan soybean growers are encouraged to take a survey on white mold in 2014 to help researchers understand why some fields escaped the disease and others did not.
February 26, 2015 | Jim Isleib | Variety trials on agronomic crops of interest in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula provided useful information.
February 26, 2015 | Jim Isleib | A recent series of cover crop educational meetings and discussions brought interesting new ideas into consideration.
February 26, 2015 | Lina Rodriguez Salamanca | Fungicides are tools that, when combined with other tactics, can minimize vegetable diseases.
February 26, 2015 | Lina Rodriguez Salamanca | A prerecorded webinar on vegetable disease management tactics is now available at the Online IPM Academy website.
February 26, 2015 | Paul Gross | Farmer survey identified benefits of cover crops in corn and soybean rotations.
February 26, 2015 | Ben Werling | Which asparagus varieties are available to the Michigan industry, and what do we know about them?
February 25, 2015 | James DeDecker | Pesticide applicators in northern Michigan can now keep their certifications current with minimal investment in time and travel.
February 25, 2015 | Diane Brown | Michigan hop growers should be aware of the several changes from 2014 for pesticides registered for use, including new special local needs labels and newly available fungicides and insecticides.
February 24, 2015 | Ashley McFarland | Despite challenging weather at harvest, results from the Michigan State University malting barley trial show potential for quality malting barley produced in northern Michigan.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: Mar 3, 2015
Location: 611 West Bell St, Camden MI 49232
Date: Mar 5, 2015 - Mar 6, 2015
Location: Soaring Eagle Casino &Resort, 6800 Soaring Eagle Blvd. Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858
Date: Mar 5, 2015
Location: Monsanto Research Farm, 474 S. Onondaga Rd, Mason, MI 48854
- 4-H Animal & Vet Science Camp
- 4-H Animal Evaluation
- Affordable Care Act Roadmap
- Ag Action Days
- Agricultural Literacy
- Beef Cattle Ultrasound Program
- Beginning Farmer Webinar Series
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Farm Bill
- Farmers Day
- Farming for You
- Great Lakes Fruit, Vegetable & Farm Market Expo (GLEXPO)
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Conference
- Integrated Pest Management Academy
- Managing Animal Mortalities
- Meat Processing Variance Training
- Michigan MarketMaker
- Michigan UP Ag for Tomorrow Conference
- Oil and Gas
- On-Farm Education
- Pollinators and Pollination
- TARE Variety Trials
- Tilling the Soil of Opportunity
- 2014 Growing Michigan Agriculture Agenda
- Animal Heat Stress Management
- Black dot (E3181)
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Brown leaf spot (E3182)
- Crop Production in the U.P.
- Crop Sustainability
- Emerging Issues in Animal Agriculture
- Equine Feed and Welfare Resources
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Farm Management Tools
- Farm Soil Sampling
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Growing Michigan Agriculture sponsorship opportunities
- Incorporating Distiller’s Grain in Beef Cattle Diets (E3074)
- Integrated Pest Management Resources
- Late blight alert for tomatoes and potatoes
- Mid-Michigan Variety Trials
- MSU Dairy Cattle Teaching and Research Center
- MSU Environmental Quality for Agriculture
- MSU Product Center—Food, Ag, Bio
- MSU Sheep Teaching & Research Center
- MSU’s Animal Welfare and Behavior Group
- Odor Management Plans
- Pasture Dairy at the Kellogg Biological Station
- Restricted Use Pesticide (RUP) test locations
- Soil and Plant Nutrient Lab
- The Michigan Dairy Review
- Tollgate Education Center
- Weather - Drought
- Weather - Winter Injury in Plants