Supporting agriculture is key to a brighter future. Michigan State University Extension works to increase farmers’ success while protecting the environment, ensuring food safety, reaching new markets and advancing agriculture through applied research.
March 7, 2014 | Nancy Thelen | Agricultural promotion happens each day in numerous ways. Just one example of the importance of sharing ideas and messages about agricultural promotion comes from a recent statewide 4-H event.
March 7, 2014 | Beth Ferry | All pigs that will be shown at fairs, shows or exhibitions must have official individual animal identification, similar to cattle and sheep.
March 7, 2014 | Jeff Andresen | While milder weather and some moderation are expected in the short term, medium and longer lead forecast guidance suggests a general continuation of colder than normal temperatures.
March 6, 2014 | Steven Poindexter | Research and observations in 2013 can help producers improve sugarbeet management for future crops.
March 6, 2014 | Steven Poindexter | Successful sugarbeet stand establishment involves managing the key factors that affect emergence.
March 6, 2014 | James DeDecker | Growers can broadcast legume and brassica seeds in late winter to produce inexpensive cover, forage and fertility for years to come.
March 5, 2014 | Jim Isleib | MSU Extension’s 2014 Beginning Farmer Webinar Series is getting good participation from Michigan, several other states, Ontario and even Australia.
March 3, 2014 | Bruce MacKellar | Recent MSU pest management meeting survey shows soybean sudden death syndrome is on the rise in southwestern Michigan fields.
March 3, 2014 | Bruce MacKellar | MSU pest management meeting surveys reveal that Michigan field crop growers are committed to rotating sites of action to post-pone or prevent herbicide resistance.
March 3, 2014 | Mark Longstroth | Fruit growers need to analyze their pest and disease control strategies for the 2014 growing season.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: Mar 10, 2014
Date: Mar 11, 2014
Date: Mar 11, 2014
Location: 3255 122nd Ave., Allegan Co. Human Svcs. Bldg., Allegan, MI 49010
- 2014 Growing Michigan Agriculture Agenda
- Animal Heat Stress Management Resources
- Black dot (E3181)
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Brown leaf spot (E3182)
- Crop Production in the U.P.
- Emerging Issues in Animal Agriculture
- Equine Feed and Welfare Resources
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Farm Management Tools
- Farm Soil Sampling
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Growing Michigan Agriculture sponsorship opportunities
- Integrated Pest Management Resources
- Mid-Michigan Variety Trials
- MSU Dairy Cattle Teaching and Research Center
- MSU Environmental Quality for Agriculture
- MSU Product Center—Food, Ag, Bio
- MSU Sheep Teaching & Research Center
- MSU’s Animal Welfare and Behavior Group
- Odor Management Plans
- Pasture Dairy at the Kellogg Biological Station
- Restricted Use Pesticide (RUP) test locations
- Soil and Plant Nutrient Lab
- TARE Variety Trials
- The Michigan Dairy Review
- Weather - Drought