Supporting agriculture is key to a brighter future. Michigan State University Extension works to increase farmers’ success while protecting the environment, ensuring food safety, reaching new markets and advancing agriculture through applied research.
March 5, 2015 | Mark Longstroth | With one look at MSU’s Enviro-weather, you can learn a lot about the freezing conditions in Michigan. If you know where the weather stations are, it tells you even more.
March 4, 2015 | Marilyn Thelen | Selecting the right rate is the first step to good nitrogen management in corn.
March 4, 2015 | Heidi Wollaeger | Insulate your plant samples before shipping them to the MSU Diagnostic Services lab to prevent freezing.
March 4, 2015 | Phil Tocco | When implementing irrigation practices to produce crops, growers should be mindful that the water being used doesn’t contaminate produce with food-borne illnesses.
March 4, 2015 | Phil Tocco | Manure can be a valuable plant nutrient source and a potential food safety hazard.
March 3, 2015 | Mark Longstroth | Low temperatures often depend on atmospheric conditions and the local topography. Calm conditions allow the temperatures to drop quickly after the sun goes down. You can track freezes with MSU’s Enviro-weather.
March 3, 2015 | Heidi Wollaeger | Pre-recorded webinars on how to grow “bee-friendly” plants and tools to use for crop scheduling are now available.
March 2, 2015 | Carlos García-Salazar | Michigan’s small fruit growers faced tough challenges in 2014, including winter damage and spotted wing Drosophila (SWD) fruit infestations. Growers ended up with better results than early predictions and better SWD control than in previous years.
February 27, 2015 | Mike Staton | Michigan soybean growers are encouraged to take a survey on white mold in 2014 to help researchers understand why some fields escaped the disease and others did not.
February 26, 2015 | Jim Isleib | Variety trials on agronomic crops of interest in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula provided useful information.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: Mar 6, 2015
Location: Michigamme Room, Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
Date: Mar 7, 2015
Location: 325 Mount Hope Road Crystal, MI 48818
Date: Mar 10, 2015
Location: SW Michigan Research & Extension Center, 1791 Hillandale Rd, Benton Harbor, MI 49022
- 4-H Animal & Vet Science Camp
- 4-H Animal Evaluation
- Affordable Care Act Roadmap
- Ag Action Days
- Agricultural Literacy
- Beef Cattle Ultrasound Program
- Beginning Farmer Webinar Series
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Farm Bill
- Farmers Day
- Farming for You
- Great Lakes Fruit, Vegetable & Farm Market Expo (GLEXPO)
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Conference
- Integrated Pest Management Academy
- Managing Animal Mortalities
- Meat Processing Variance Training
- Michigan MarketMaker
- Michigan UP Ag for Tomorrow Conference
- Oil and Gas
- On-Farm Education
- Pollinators and Pollination
- TARE Variety Trials
- Tilling the Soil of Opportunity
- 2014 Growing Michigan Agriculture Agenda
- Animal Heat Stress Management
- Black dot (E3181)
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Brown leaf spot (E3182)
- Crop Production in the U.P.
- Crop Sustainability
- Emerging Issues in Animal Agriculture
- Equine Feed and Welfare Resources
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Farm Management Tools
- Farm Soil Sampling
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Growing Michigan Agriculture sponsorship opportunities
- Incorporating Distiller’s Grain in Beef Cattle Diets (E3074)
- Integrated Pest Management Resources
- Late blight alert for tomatoes and potatoes
- Mid-Michigan Variety Trials
- MSU Dairy Cattle Teaching and Research Center
- MSU Environmental Quality for Agriculture
- MSU Product Center—Food, Ag, Bio
- MSU Sheep Teaching & Research Center
- MSU’s Animal Welfare and Behavior Group
- Odor Management Plans
- Pasture Dairy at the Kellogg Biological Station
- Restricted Use Pesticide (RUP) test locations
- Soil and Plant Nutrient Lab
- The Michigan Dairy Review
- Tollgate Education Center
- Weather - Drought
- Weather - Winter Injury in Plants