Supporting agriculture is key to a brighter future. Michigan State University Extension works to increase farmers’ success while protecting the environment, ensuring food safety, reaching new markets and advancing agriculture through applied research.
April 23, 2014 | Tina Conklin | Part 3 in preparing for a Certified Animal Welfare audit for your farm looks at where you can go as a producer or a consumer to get more information about available audits.
April 23, 2014 | Tina Conklin | Part 2 in this series of articles looks at why industry needs to consider Certified Farm Animal Welfare Audits.
April 23, 2014 | Tina Conklin | Preparing your farm for a Certified Animal Welfare Audit can be a daunting task. This series of articles will provide guidance about how to prepare and some of the things to expect on the journey.
April 23, 2014 | Steven Poindexter | Sugarbeet replanting decisions are always difficult due to multiple factors ranging from population, plant health and timing of replants.
April 23, 2014 | Steven Poindexter | Nitrogen is the most important nutrient to impact yield and quality of sugarbeets.
April 23, 2014 | Duke Elsner | If you could not attend the recent vineyard weed identification and management meeting, you can view the presentations online.
April 22, 2014 | Marilyn Thelen | Fields that have been continuous corn with repeated use of one Bt trait are at risk for developing corn rootworm resistance.
April 22, 2014 | Carlos García-Salazar | Growers need to inspect fields for winter damage, mow or prune fields, and prepare their integrated pest management program for the 2014 berry season.
April 22, 2014 | Bob Tritten | Spring has finally arrived with green tissue beginning to be seen in many fruit crops.
April 22, 2014 | Karen Waite | A few quick checks can protect your equine partners and keep you safe on the road.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: Apr 23, 2014
Location: Trevor Nichols Research Center, 6237 124th Ave., Fennville, MI 49408
Date: Apr 23, 2014
Location: Gaylord - Wisconsin St. Hall, 610 S. Wisconsin, Gaylord, MI 49735
Date: Apr 24, 2014
Location: Washtenaw Intermediate School district, 1819 South Wagner Road Ann Arbor, MI 48103
- 2014 Growing Michigan Agriculture Agenda
- Animal Heat Stress Management Resources
- Black dot (E3181)
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Brown leaf spot (E3182)
- Crop Production in the U.P.
- Emerging Issues in Animal Agriculture
- Equine Feed and Welfare Resources
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Farm Management Tools
- Farm Soil Sampling
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Growing Michigan Agriculture sponsorship opportunities
- Integrated Pest Management Resources
- Mid-Michigan Variety Trials
- MSU Dairy Cattle Teaching and Research Center
- MSU Environmental Quality for Agriculture
- MSU Product Center—Food, Ag, Bio
- MSU Sheep Teaching & Research Center
- MSU’s Animal Welfare and Behavior Group
- Odor Management Plans
- Pasture Dairy at the Kellogg Biological Station
- Restricted Use Pesticide (RUP) test locations
- Soil and Plant Nutrient Lab
- TARE Variety Trials
- The Michigan Dairy Review
- Weather - Drought