Supporting agriculture is key to a brighter future. Michigan State University Extension works to increase farmers’ success while protecting the environment, ensuring food safety, reaching new markets and advancing agriculture through applied research.
June 19, 2013 | Curtis Talley Jr. | According to the Michigan Dormant Minerals Act, severed oil and gas mineral rights can revert to the surface owner.
June 19, 2013 | Frank Wardynski | Planting mixed forages can have significant variation across the field. Variation of feedstuffs causes problems in dairy ration balancing.
June 19, 2013 | Marilyn Thelen | The recent wet spring has growers concerned about soil compaction. Here’s an easy method to tell if your soil is compacted and how to correct it.
June 19, 2013 | Ben Werling | Insect and disease activity could pick up as warm, humid weather arrives and winds shift to the southwest.
June 19, 2013 | Ron Goldy | Crops have responded favorably to warmer temperatures and pea harvest has begun.
June 19, 2013 | Mary Dunckel | The public is invited to learn about fruit and vegetable production as Macomb County’s oldest family celebrates its bicentennial.
June 19, 2013 | Lina Rodriguez-Salamanca | Warmer temperatures are contributing to crop development, but also insect activity. Scout fields regularly and use action thresholds to time insecticide applications.
June 19, 2013 | Bob Tritten | Be careful using Captan and some newer fungicides. Certain combinations could cause leaf burning or spotting.
June 19, 2013 | Annemiek Schilder | Young grape clusters are highly susceptible to black rot and Phomopsis. With warm, wet weather approaching, plan to protect clusters with effective fungicides.
June 19, 2013 | Annemiek Schilder | When it comes to battling powdery mildew and downy mildew on grapes, the following adage applies: “The early grower catches the fungus!”
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Events»View more events »
Date: Jun 29, 2013
Location: Westview Orchards, 65075 Van Dyke Rd., Washington Twp; MI 48095
Date: Jul 9, 2013
Location: Hope College Grounds Dept., 200 E. 9th St., Holland, MI 49423
Date: Jul 11, 2013
Location: Applewood Estate, 1400 E. Kearsley St., Flint, MI 48503
- 2014 Growing Michigan Agriculture Agenda
- Animal Heat Stress Management Resources
- Black dot (E3181)
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Brown leaf spot (E3182)
- Drought Resources
- Emerging Issues in Animal Agriculture
- Equine Feed and Welfare Resources
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Growing Michigan Agriculture sponsorship opportunities
- Integrated Pest Management Resources
- MSU Dairy Cattle Teaching and Research Center
- MSU Environmental Quality for Agriculture
- MSU Product Center—Food, Ag, Bio
- MSU Sheep Teaching & Research Center
- MSU’s Animal Welfare and Behavior Group
- Odor Management Plans
- Pasture Dairy at the Kellogg Biological Station
- Restricted Use Pesticide (RUP) test locations
- Soil and Plant Nutrient Lab
- The Michigan Dairy Review