Supporting agriculture is key to a brighter future. Michigan State University Extension works to increase farmers’ success while protecting the environment, ensuring food safety, reaching new markets and advancing agriculture through applied research.
December 4, 2013 | Ron Goldy | Plant essential nutrients exist as anions and cations. What does that mean for plant production and why should growers be aware?
December 3, 2013 | Joanne Davidhizar | Connecting with new buyers and markets for fruit and vegetable growers is made easier through the MarketMaker exhibit and the Meet the Buyers reception at the Great Lakes EXPO Dec. 10-12.
December 2, 2013 | George Silva | The Integrated Crop and Pest Management Update for Agribusiness featuring MSU experts, pest management recommendations and pesticide certification credits is scheduled for December 13.
December 2, 2013 | Rob Sirrine | Register now for the 2014 Integrated Pest Management Academy held February 18-19, 2014, in Okemos, Mich.
November 27, 2013 | Jerry Lindquist | The delayed harvest of grain crops in Michigan this year has put farm equipment operators and motorists at risk as they attempt to share the roadways in the month with the shortest daylight period of the year.
November 27, 2013 | Stan Moore | Employers can improve an employee’s ability to move from information to innovation by making sure to exercise this critical step.
November 27, 2013 | Bob Tritten | We are right on track at putting strawberries to bed for the season.
November 27, 2013 | Jerry Lindquist | The bale grazing concept of devising ways to feed and care for livestock with less labor input continues to grow in popularity and expand in creativity.
November 27, 2013 | Nikki Rothwell | A new assessment program has been proposed to provide funds for infrastructure that supports educational and research efforts within Michigan’s tree fruit industry.
November 27, 2013 | Curtis Talley Jr. | Knowing what should be included in cropland leases will help both lessee and lessor.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Events»View more events »
Date: Dec 4, 2013
Location: MSU Upper Peninsula Research and Extension Center, E3774 University Drive, Chatham, MI 49816
Date: Dec 4, 2013 - Dec 4, 2013
Location: Bay Valley Resort, 2470 Old Bridge Road, Bay City, MI 48706
Date: Dec 5, 2013
Location: Ubly Heights Golf Course, 2409 East Atwater Road, Ubly, MI 48475
- 2014 Growing Michigan Agriculture Agenda
- Animal Heat Stress Management Resources
- Black dot (E3181)
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Brown leaf spot (E3182)
- Crop Production in the U.P.
- Drought Resources
- Emerging Issues in Animal Agriculture
- Equine Feed and Welfare Resources
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Farm Management Tools
- Farm Soil Sampling
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Growing Michigan Agriculture sponsorship opportunities
- Integrated Pest Management Resources
- MSU Dairy Cattle Teaching and Research Center
- MSU Environmental Quality for Agriculture
- MSU Product Center—Food, Ag, Bio
- MSU Sheep Teaching & Research Center
- MSU’s Animal Welfare and Behavior Group
- Odor Management Plans
- Pasture Dairy at the Kellogg Biological Station
- Restricted Use Pesticide (RUP) test locations
- Soil and Plant Nutrient Lab
- TARE Variety Trials
- The Michigan Dairy Review