Supporting agriculture is key to a brighter future. Michigan State University Extension works to increase farmers’ success while protecting the environment, ensuring food safety, reaching new markets and advancing agriculture through applied research.
April 24, 2014 | Marilyn Thelen | The best laid plans can change with the changing weather. A new corn growing degree day tool uses historical climate dates to help producers make informed decisions when plans change.
April 24, 2014 | Rob Morrison | Do your asparagus smell tasty to the pests in your fields? Learn about the odors your crop gives off and how we can use them to improve pest management.
April 24, 2014 | James DeDecker | Cool, wet weather is delaying spring field work and slowing development of the wheat crop across Northeast Michigan.
April 24, 2014 | Rob Morrison | The asparagus miner growing degree day model is now live on MSU Enviro-weather to help with scouting. Obtain real-time information about the abundance of adults, larvae and pupae in your fields.
April 24, 2014 | Dan Rossman | The cool weather and damp soils are delaying field work throughout the east central region.
April 24, 2014 | George Sundin | The potential for American brown rot blossom blight infection is high this spring if infected fruit mummies from last year overwintered in the orchard. Conditional requirements for infections are listed.
April 24, 2014 | Phil Kaatz | Choices revolve around growing or buying low potassium forages.
April 23, 2014 | Tina Conklin | Part 3 in preparing for a Certified Animal Welfare audit for your farm looks at where you can go as a producer or a consumer to get more information about available audits.
April 23, 2014 | Tina Conklin | Part 2 in this series of articles looks at why industry needs to consider Certified Farm Animal Welfare Audits.
April 23, 2014 | Tina Conklin | Preparing your farm for a Certified Animal Welfare Audit can be a daunting task. This series of articles will provide guidance about how to prepare and some of the things to expect on the journey.
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: Apr 24, 2014
Location: Washtenaw Intermediate School district, 1819 South Wagner Road Ann Arbor, MI 48103
Date: Apr 24, 2014
Location: Iron Mountain - Bay College West, 104 Fornetti Hall, 2801 North US 2, Iron Mountain, MI 49801
Date: Apr 24, 2014
Location: Grand Rapids Downtown Market, 435 Ionia SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503 - second floor teaching kitchen
- 2014 Growing Michigan Agriculture Agenda
- Animal Heat Stress Management Resources
- Black dot (E3181)
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Brown leaf spot (E3182)
- Crop Production in the U.P.
- Crop Sustainability
- Emerging Issues in Animal Agriculture
- Equine Feed and Welfare Resources
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Farm Management Tools
- Farm Soil Sampling
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Growing Michigan Agriculture sponsorship opportunities
- Integrated Pest Management Resources
- Mid-Michigan Variety Trials
- MSU Dairy Cattle Teaching and Research Center
- MSU Environmental Quality for Agriculture
- MSU Product Center—Food, Ag, Bio
- MSU Sheep Teaching & Research Center
- MSU’s Animal Welfare and Behavior Group
- Odor Management Plans
- Pasture Dairy at the Kellogg Biological Station
- Restricted Use Pesticide (RUP) test locations
- Soil and Plant Nutrient Lab
- TARE Variety Trials
- The Michigan Dairy Review
- Weather - Drought