Supporting agriculture is key to a brighter future. Michigan State University Extension works to increase farmers’ success while protecting the environment, ensuring food safety, reaching new markets and advancing agriculture through applied research.
January 30, 2015 | John Stone | The National Pesticide Applicator Certification Core Manual has been revised and a new edition released. This is the study manual Michigan uses to certify Private (RUP) and Commercial Pesticide Applicators and Registered Technicians by examination.
January 30, 2015 | Ron Goldy | Vegetable growers are always looking for improved varieties. Several Midwest land grant universities annually publish variety trial results. Results from the 2014 trials are now available.
January 30, 2015 | Tom Dudek | Greenhouse growers who raise Boston fern and other fern species need to familiarize themselves with this leaf-feeding caterpillar. Information on its life cycle and management strategies will help you avoid damage.
January 30, 2015 | Phil Kaatz | Forage producers can increase profitability by using the best forage varieties available.
January 28, 2015 | Ben Phillips | The old CAT Alert system is still in place, but its name has changed to Michigan State University Extension News.
January 27, 2015 | Dennis Stein | New land values and rental information now available for Michigan.
January 26, 2015 | Kendra Wills | Learn more about the key projects growing the local food system in Michigan.
January 26, 2015 | Brad Baughman | Vertical shoot positioning and top wire cordon training systems for hybrid grape vines will be discussed during the Northern Grapes Project webinar on Feb. 10, 2015.
January 23, 2015 | Jim Isleib | Evaluation of 2014 MSU Extension’s Beginning Farmer Webinar Series shows positive results.
January 20, 2015 | Kristin Getter | Have you ever heard of the old adage to “work smarter, not harder?” Use your smartphone to do just that!
To find an MSU Extension expert who covers your location or to find an expert in your area of interest, please visit the MSU Extension Expert Search. To reach an MSU Extension county office, call toll-free 1-888-678-3464.
Find an Expert»
Events»View more events »
Date: Feb 2, 2015 - Feb 6, 2015
Date: Feb 3, 2015
Location: Hart United Methodist Church, 308 South State Street, Hart, MI
Date: Feb 3, 2015 - Feb 3, 2015
Location: Ottawa County Fillmore Complex Main Conference Room, 12220 Fillmore Street, West Olive, MI 49460
- 4-H Animal & Vet Science Camp
- 4-H Animal Evaluation
- Affordable Care Act Roadmap
- Ag Action Days
- Agricultural Literacy
- Beef Cattle Ultrasound Program
- Beginning Farmer Webinar Series
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Farm Bill
- Farmers Day
- Farming for You
- Great Lakes Fruit, Vegetable & Farm Market Expo (GLEXPO)
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Conference
- Integrated Pest Management Academy
- Managing Animal Mortalities
- Meat Processing Variance Training
- Michigan MarketMaker
- Michigan UP Ag for Tomorrow Conference
- Oil and Gas
- On-Farm Education
- TARE Variety Trials
- Tilling the Soil of Opportunity
- 2014 Growing Michigan Agriculture Agenda
- Animal Heat Stress Management
- Black dot (E3181)
- Breakfast on the Farm
- Brown leaf spot (E3182)
- Crop Production in the U.P.
- Crop Sustainability
- Emerging Issues in Animal Agriculture
- Equine Feed and Welfare Resources
- Farm Information Resource Management (FIRM)
- Farm Management Tools
- Farm Soil Sampling
- Growing Michigan Agriculture Proceedings
- Growing Michigan Agriculture sponsorship opportunities
- Incorporating Distiller’s Grain in Beef Cattle Diets (E3074)
- Integrated Pest Management Resources
- Late blight alert for tomatoes and potatoes
- Mid-Michigan Variety Trials
- MSU Dairy Cattle Teaching and Research Center
- MSU Environmental Quality for Agriculture
- MSU Product Center—Food, Ag, Bio
- MSU Sheep Teaching & Research Center
- MSU’s Animal Welfare and Behavior Group
- Odor Management Plans
- Pasture Dairy at the Kellogg Biological Station
- Restricted Use Pesticide (RUP) test locations
- Soil and Plant Nutrient Lab
- The Michigan Dairy Review
- Tollgate Education Center
- Weather - Drought
- Weather - Winter Injury in Plants