Producing high quality hops requires careful attention to numerous insect, disease, and weed pests, as well as horticultural practices that may worsen or suppress these pests. The damage these organisms may cause ranges from insignificant to complete loss from reduced yield or diminished quality that can render hops unusable.
The links below are resources that will provide growers, consultants, extension personnel, and other pest managers with current, science-based information on identification and management of arthropod pests, beneficial organisms, diseases, and weeds affecting hops in the United States.
Pest management resources
- Registered hop pesticides in Michigan, 2016
- Seasonal pest occurrence in hop, 2016
- Hop pest management prerecorded webinar
- Compendium of Hop Diseases and Pests, APSnet
- Hop Field Guide, Third Edition