Wineries & wine tourism
Wineries are playing an active role in agri-tourism. Wine tours, dinners with pairings, and collaborations with other local businesses along wine trails are all part of the structure that can draw tourists to an area. Below we feature some of the research done by Michigan State University and its partners to better understand how to increase the number of tourists coming to wineries and how to enhance their experience.
- Michigan wine tasting room visitors’ behaviors and visit history
- Wine purchase and consumption of Michigan wine tasting room visitors
- Cold hardy wine grape awareness and perceptions
- Do wine tasting room fees impact wine purchases?
- Travel behaviors of wine tourists in Michigan’s Leelanau Peninsula
Photo credit: lpwines @Flickr
Interested in starting a winery in Michigan?
Visit the Michigan wine industry’s start-up and business resources page for wineries. Here are the requirements for becoming and operating a winery in Michigan as of 2013, the year for which we have the most recent information.