- Height: 30’
- Spread: 40’
- Site characteristics: Medium to coarse-textured soils; full sun
- Zone: 4b - 8a
- Wet/dry: Best in moist, well-drained soils; not drought-tolerant
- Native range: Scattered range in South-Central United States
- pH: 5.0 - 8.2
- Shape: Round
- Foliage: Bright green
- Other: Showy, fragrant flowers in late spring, legume
- Additional: Prune only in summer as profuse bleeding will occur at other times of the year, specify single leader; can be weak-wooded with poor crotch angles that split out as the trees grow older; transplant in spring.
- Pests: Prone to some branch splitting. Minor problem with Verticullium wilt.
Print a PDF of this page: Yellowwood