Turfgrass Pest Management: Training Manual For Comm Applicators - Category 3A (E2327)
This manual provides the information readers need to become Michigan certified commercial applicators in Category 3A, Turfgrass Pests. It's also useful to homeowners and others.
Usually Ships in 1 to 2 Business Days
Order a hard copy:
This manual is intended to prepare pesticide applicators in Category 3A, turf pest management, for certification under the Michigan Pesticide Control Act of 1976, as amended. This category includes the management of turf pests of landscape, recreational, and athletic turf. Included in this category are commercial applicators managing pests of golf courses, schools, parks, athletic fields, and private lawns. The “Commercial and Private Pesticide Applicator Manual: Certification and Registered Technician Training” (E-2195) which explains safety considerations, pesticide laws, and integrated pest management principles, should also be studied to prepare for certification.
Some suggestions for studying the manual are:
1. Find a place and time for study where you will not be disturbed.
2. Read the entire manual through once to understand the scope and form and presentation of the material.
3. Then study one section of the manual at a time. You may want to underline important points in the manual or take written notes as you study the section.
4. Write answers to the review questions at the end of each section. These questions help you learn and evaluate your knowledge of the subject. They are an important part of your study.
5. Reread the entire manual once again when you have finished studying all of the sections. Review with care any sections that you feel you do not fully understand.
After completing your study of this manual and the Core manual (E-2195), to become initially certified as a commercial pesticide applicator for ornamental pest management, take the core exam and Category 3A exam. To become recertified take the 3B recertification exam and recertification core exam. These exams are administered by the Michigan Department of Agriculture.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: Principles of Pest Management
Selection of Methods
Chapter 2: Care of Turfgrass
Requirements for Healthy Turf
Chapter 3: Pest Management Techniques
Mechanical and Physical Controls
Chapter 4: Pesticide Application
Selecting a Pesticide
Pesticide Application Equipment
Chapter 5: Application Calculations and Calibration
Calibrating Application Equipment
Chapter 6: Pesticide Safety
First Aid Procedures
Safe Pesticide Handling
Chapter 7: Weeds of Turfgrass
Managing Turf Weeds
Chapter 8: Diseases of Turfgrass
The Disease Triangle
Turfgrass Disease Diagnosis
Predicting Disease Activity
Infectious Disease Management
Chapter 9: Insect and Vertebrate Pests