Midwest Invasive Species Information Network
On the Web: www.misin.msu.edu
The Midwest Invasive Species Information Network (MISIN) is a regional effort to provide early detection and rapid response to invasive species. It is led by researchers with Michigan State University’s Applied Spatial Ecology and Technical Services Laboratory along with partners from around the region. Through its website, MISIN assists experts and citizen scientists in detecting, identifying and reporting invasive species.
At the MISIN website, you can:
- Report over 200 invasive plant and animal species
- Browse images and species information fact sheets
- Browse distribution maps of reported species
- Sign-up for e-mail alerts of new observations in your area
- 45 Species Identification Training Modules
- Download the MISIN iPhone app for mobile reporting
Visit the MISIN website to expand your knowledge of invasive species and participate in stopping their spread.