- Height: 55’
- Spread: 45’
- Site characteristics: Deep sandy to clay soils; full to partial sun
- Zone: 3a - 9a
- Wet/dry: Tolerates drought and intermittent flooding
- Native range: Eastern United States
- pH: 5.0 - 8.2
- Shape: Broadly oval, irregular and open
- Foliage: Dark green
- Fall color: Yellow to yellowish brown
- Other: Slow growing massive trees needing adequate space, corky bark.
- Additional: Transplant small sizes in spring.
- Pests: Prone to gypsy moths and susceptible to anthracnose. Intermediate preference by orange-striped oakworms.
Print a PDF of this page: Bur Oak