Belize Summer Exchange
Host a young person from Belize or travel there yourself!
In the summer of 2017, Belize delegates have decided not to travel to Michigan. In the summer of 2018, Michigan delegates will travel to Belize.
- High-school age youth and adult chaperones
- Delegates will participate in 4-H Exploration Days in June
No language barrier - English is spoken in Belize!
HOST FAMILY REQUIREMENTS
- You must have a child of the same gender and within 3 years of the hosted youth
- Families without children of the appropriate age may host an adult chaperone
- No special activities need to be planned, these youth want to experience American culture and make new friends
- Volunteer to participate in the program
- You don’t need to be involved with 4-H to host, but we ask you to complete Michigan Volunteer Selection Process and register for 4-H as part of our hosting process.
Please note: Host family selection is dependent on completion of an application and screening process as well as student availability and personality compatibility.
Interested in Traveling Outbound in 2018?