- 2007 Market Cow & Bull Audit - In 2007, the third National Market Cow and Bull Beef Quality Audit was conducted to identify improvements made in problems identified in earlier audits and identify quality challenges for the future.
- Packaging Influences Beef Quality Attributes - Many factors influence the shelf-life, color, and sensory attributes of beef. Packaging is one of those factors.
- Does Vitamin A Impact Quality Grade? - There is a resurgence of interest in defining vitamin A requirements for growing and finishing cattle. The reason –there is growing evidence that vitamin A (retinoids) can inhibit fat synthesis.
- Quality, Tenderness, and Value of Beef from Heifers vs. Steers - Beef produced by heifers is nearly identical to that of steers. Slight differences are only apparent when examining large populations. Traditionally, heifers have generally produced higher quality grades than steers.
- Bovine Myology & Muscle Profiling [Univ. of Nebraska]
- 2011 National Beef Quality Audit
- 2007 National Market Cow and Bull Beef Quality Audit