Healthier Child Care Environments Toolkit
A positive wellness culture in chid care homes and centers contributes to the physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing of children and child care providers.
MSU Extension provides free coaching for eligible child care providers with the goal of improving nutrition and physical activity supports through policy, system, and environmental initiatives. The process will begin with the assessment of your child care facility (home or center) using the Nutrition and Physical Activity Self Assessment for Child Care (NAP SACC). The Healthy Child Care Environments Toolkit provides you with resources that can help you accomplish your goals throughout the assessment, action planning, and implementation of nutrition and physical activity initiatives.
This web-based toolkit of resources is organized based on the best practices outlined in the NAP SACC:
Some examples of direct benefits from this program could include:
- Assessment of your child care environment and policies
- One-on-one coaching with a nutrition professional throughout the process
- Assistance creating an action plan
- Up to 10 educational hours at no fee
- A healthier environment for you and the children you care for!