What Children Need to Know to Start School
Designed to help parents and caregivers decide whether their child is prepared to start kindergarten, this program provides a better understanding of what kindergarten readiness is. It also presents information on what skills schools expect children to have when they begin kindergarten.
Participants that participate in this workshop will be able to:
- Define the five essential domains of school readiness.
- Discuss the critical importance of social and emtional development in school readiness.
- Become more familiar with what skills children need to be successful in Kindergarten across all five essential domains.
- Understand the Kindergarten entry requirements for the State of Michigan.
For more information, contact an early childhood educator near you.
- What Children Need to Know to Start School
- Kindergarten confusion: Is your child old enough to go to kindergarten? (article)
- Kindergarten readiness: What you can do to ensure your child’s success (article)
- Getting ready for kindergarten (article)
- Kindergarten readiness: Social and Emotional Development (article)
- Kindergarten readiness: Approaches to Learning (article)
- Kindergarten readiness: Language and Literacy (article)