Out-of-State Transfer Policy
Active Extension Master Gardeners transferring from USDA plant hardiness zones 7 and lower:
- Provide written verification and approval from the State Master Gardener Coordinator of the previous state of residence.
- Be up-to-date with certification requirements of the previous state of residence.
- Purchase the MSU Extension Master Gardener Training Manual.
- Take the final, open-book exam and pass with a score of a minimum of 80 percent.
- Read and electronically accept the MSU Extension Volunteer and Code-of-Conduct agreements.
- Comply with the annual recertification process.
Active Extension Master Gardeners transferring from USDA plant hardiness zone higher that Zone 7 retake the Extension Master Gardening training in Michigan.