Michigan Master Gardener Association, Inc.
The Michigan Master Gardener Association (MMGA) Inc. was in created in 2012 as an educational and service organization serving Extension Master Gardener (EMG) volunteers throughout Michigan.
Set up to benefit the dedicated volunteers who have made the MSU Extension Master Gardener Program such a success, the Michigan Master Gardener Association is dedicated to:
- providing a network of volunteers liability insurance for Extension Master Gardener volunteers at group rates
- creating an organization that allows Master Gardener Association supporters to reap the tax benefits of donating to a 501c3 organization
- assisting local affiliated Master Gardener Associations
- providing a by-laws template
- supporting Extension Master Gardener volunteers who don’t have a local association in their area
- organizing a speaker bank to provide speakers for local clubs and associations on key environmental topics
- continuing to work with MSU Extension to offer exceptional educational opportunities at the annual Master Gardener College
Volunteers and volunteerism are central to our mission as we strive to make Michigan a more beautiful place to live and to educate Michigan residents about the many benefits of gardening, including the opportunity to grow nutritious, healthy food.
For more information about MMGA Inc, including a list of current board members, committees, and affiliated chapters, visit their website at http://www.michiganmastergardener.org/.