Statewide & Regional Vegetable Meetings
MSU Extension delivers education at various industry and organizational meetings and other important industry and consumer events to inform growers and the public about emerging and important issues in vegetable production.
- Asparagus Education Day. This is one of the largest asparagus educational events in North America, drawing attendees from across the U.S. and Canada. MSU researchers and other presenters update participants on the latest research in asparagus production, asparagus markets, integrated pest management (IPM) techniques, advances in asparagus cultural practices and more.
- MSU Weed Tour. MSU faculty host a tour of research plots devoted to studying weed control in field and horticultural crops.
- Oceana Research Tour. MSU and industry researchers showcase on-farm research in this annual event. Growers see firsthand the results of ongoing crop research on the farms where the research findings can be implemented.
- Onion Twilight Meeting. This annual meeting provides a chance for onion growers to examine the latest onion varieties in demonstration plots and hear about the latest MSU research on onion crop management.
- Southwest Horticulture Days. Session topics vary by year, but can include general vegetable disease and insect control in specific crops and efficient irrigation and nutrient applications.