August 6, 2016
Centerline of Calhoun County
This annual event, sometimes referred to as the “4-H State Shoot,” provides Michigan 4-H shooting sports members with the opportunity to test their skills and earn recognition with other 4-H members from all over the state.
|BB Gun||Air Rifle||.22 Rifle|
|Target Archery||3-D Archery|
Tournament Rules, Information & Registration Forms
Registration details, general tournament rules, division information (ages), event specific rules, awards presentation, and more.
- All participants register online between now and July 13, 2016. Registration instructions will be provided by local county instructors.
- Registration fee is $30/youth participant.
- Registration confirmation will be sent to the email address entered on the contestant’s registration. It is the contestant’s responsibility to make sure they check their email to confirm they are registered for the correct event. No changes will be made after Monday, July 15, 2016 at 3 p.m.
- Absolutely no late or on-site registration changes will be permitted.
Volunteer Registration Form
- Counties must have at least one adult volunteer for every four (1:4) youth registered.
- Volunteers can be registered at https://events.anr.msu.edu/4HShootingSportsTournament16/.
State Shoot media, medical agreement
Schedule of Events
Competitor/Equipment check-in and shooting times will vary depending on the range and event.
Check-In Times for Ranges: See Relay/Squad page
Volunteer check-in will occur at the range to which you’ve been assigned. If you are unable to fulfill your assigned volunteer job, YOU are responsible for finding a replacement. Notify the range event coordinators of any substitutions upon check in. Awards will be presented on site approximately one to two hours after all events have finished.
- Target archery volunteer orientation at range at 8:30 a.m. (morning shift) and 10:30 a.m. (“afternoon” shift).
3-D archery volunteer orientation at 3-D range at 7:30 a.m
- BB and Air Rifle volunteer orientations (registrars, range officers, scorers) at 8:00 a.m. at the rifle range; .22 Rifle orientation is at 9:00 a.m.
- Coming soon! Please check back August 1, 2016.
Relays & Squads
The relay and squad rosters can be found by visiting the Relays and Squads page.
Centerline of Calhoun County Directions
Please use the directions posted on the Centerline website.
Many thanks to Centerline of Calhoun County and members for hosting us this year!
Lodging, Camping, Local Attractions
Nick Baumgart, Extension Educator
Environmental & Outdoor Education & Shooting Sports
Michigan State University Extension
527 Stephenson St.
Norway, MI 49870
Also see the Tournament Rules page for contact information for Event Coordinators, who can provide discipline specific information.
Check back regularly for updates to event information. Details and documents will be posted as they become available.
September 15, 2016 | Nick Baumgart | Find out the newest archery event at the Michigan 4-H State Shoot that helps prepare youth for national competition.
August 15, 2016 | Nick Baumgart | The 2016 Michigan 4-H Shooting Sports Tournament drew a large number of participants and continues to build on positive youth development for participants.
July 19, 2016 | Jennifer Weichel | Michigan 4-H Shooting Sports teaches safety in handling firearms as well as many other life skills.
April 6, 2016 | Abbey Miller | The Michigan 4-H Foundation has announced grant and award opportunities of up to $1,000 to support local 4-H clubs and county programs. 4-H volunteer leaders, members and staff members may apply for these funds.
Jan 28, 2017 – Jan 29, 2017 | Kettunen Center, 14901 4-H Drive, Tustin, MI, 49688