Resolve to have a great 4-H year
What is your New Year’s resolution for 4-H?
4-H club resolutions for the New Year!
As we begin 2014, it might be fun to set 4-H club resolutions for new year. Here are ten suggestions by Michigan State University Extension to make the upcoming year a successful one.
- Resolve that the club meetings will start and end on time.
- Business meetings will follow Roberts Rules of Order. All club paperwork such as minutes, club inventory and financial statements will be completed in a timely manner.
- All members will take part in discussions and have a say in decisions that are made. Keep a chart with each members’ name and when they speak at business meetings.
- The club meeting place will be safe, comfortable and welcoming.
- Fun will be included in each meeting.
- The club will pursue at least one community service project chosen, planned and celebrated by the club.
- New members will have a buddy they may talk with about any 4-H questions.
- The 4-H Pledge will be said at every meeting.
- Visit the MSU Extension office at least three times in 2014.
- Recognize every club member in some way to let them know you care about them.
In addition, make a resolution to do a club activity around each of the seven Guiding Principles for Positive Youth Development; discuss the effective practice of each principle.
In December of 2014, review your club resolutions and Guiding Principles activities. Measure as a club how many resolutions were obtained.