Michigan State University Career Services Network
Programming resources for 4-H Youth Development staff.
As a Michigan 4-H staff person, do you:
- Get asked for career information to share with young people?
- Have volunteers that include, or would like to include career exploration information related to the projects they teach 4-H members?
- Wish to include career exploration, interview skills, resumes or how to complete applications as a part of your 4-H Youth Development programming?
As you think about “bringing knowledge to life” and extending the resources of MSU to local communities, you are encouraged to use the online resources available through the MSU Career Services Network. Along with additional tabs and options for alumni, employers, faculty and staff; the website includes sections for:
- Exploring options – this section includes topics such as:
- Resources and tools – this tab includes some of the materials that are linked to the
4-H Career Preparationsection of the Michigan 4-H website. Materials in this section include:
- Career guides
- Communication tips
- Thank you letters
Jobs and internships – in addition to career fairs, you can explore:
- What to wear
- Types of employment opportunities
- The interview process and more
Services and locations – the fourth and final tab includes:
Although their materials are geared toward college students, 4-H Youth Development staff are experts at adapting learning materials to different audiences. And, if you or your volunteers need assistance, Michigan State University Extension recommends reaching out to the Career Exploration and Workforce Preparation work group for additional assistance.