Honoring those who serve
July is a great month to show your support and gratitude to those who protect and serve our country and communities.
With Independence Day being celebrated, July is a great month to appreciate those individuals who serve and protect our country and communities. Using the ideas below is a great way to help teach your child about gratitude and giving back to those who serve.
- Write thank you letters to your local police and fire departments.
- Send letters overseas to deployed service members.
- Check with your local fire or police department to see if there are any volunteer projects that can be done to help out.
- Send care packages to deployed service members.
- Drop off care packages to your local fire or police departments.
Giving back to those who serve our country and communities is a great way to teach children gratitude and appreciation. For more ideas about activities and articles on child development, academic success, parenting and life skill development, please visit the Michigan State University Extension website.