Game day snacks
Quick and tasty snacks that will score points with your sports star!
Three servings of low-fat and fat-free dairy every day are important for building strong bones and in helping keep active bodies healthy. For portable, on-the-go snacks, be sure to pack your cooler with delicious dairy snacks:
- Snack cheese cubes, sticks or slices
- String cheese
- Flavored yogurts
- Portable yogurt in a tube
- Yogurt smoothies
- Drinkable yogurts
- Grab-n-go milk
If there is more than one hour between competitions, it is important to replenish fluids, restore nutrients and feed hungry tummies. Keep it light and simple with these fun and tasty combos:
- Pair string cheese with grapes
- Grap-n-go milk with a granola bar
- Drinkable yogurt
- Combine pretzel sticks with cheese cubes
- Apple slices with cheese
- Wrap a slice of lean lunch meat around string cheese
- Dunk fresh veggie sticks into yogurt dip
- Dip fresh fruit or animal crackers into fruit dip
After competition, replenish fluids, restore nutrients and refuel tired muscles with these nutrient rich beverages:
- Fat-Free Milk-Milk is 90 percent water and a great tasting choice to replace fluids and prevent dehydration after exercise, practices and games
- Chocolate milk contains both carbohydrates and protein that are important for an athlete’s sports nutrition plan visit http://www.chocolatemilk.com/.
For more information regarding game day snacks or using dairy in your diet visit the Midwest Dairy Council.