Fruits and vegetables are imperative for a healthy body
The benefits fruits and vegetables provide our bodies are critical; are you eating enough?
We know that the benefits fruits and vegetables provide our bodies are critical to good health. Fruits and vegetables can reduce our risk of certain types of cancers, heart disease, developing kidney stones, Type II Diabetes, high blood pressure and they may help to decrease bone loss. Most Americans do not get enough of these important foods in their diet on a daily basis. How are you doing? To find out what the recommended daily intake of fruits and vegetables visit MyPlate SuperTracker.
Once you have your daily goal, it is time to start striving for that daily fruit and vegetable intake. Enjoying fruits and vegetables is so easy and can be done in so many ways. Here are a few ideas to help you add more fruits and vegetables in your daily eating plan:
- Buy fresh fruits and vegetables in season; summer is a great time to enjoy fruits and vegetables in Michigan.
- Add fruit to your cereal, yogurt or oatmeal.
- Enjoy fresh fruits and vegetables at mealtime or snack time.
- Add vegetables to your eggs or omelets.
- Add extra vegetables to your sandwich.
- Prepare a big salad with various vegetables.
- Drink a glass of 100 percent fruit or vegetable juice.
- Add vegetables to soups; shred them into sauces and casseroles.
- Prepare kabobs with fruits or vegetables.
- Grab the blender and some milk, yogurt and fruit for a fruit smoothie.
- Try dried fruit for a snack.
- Snack on fresh fruits and vegetables. Keep them washed, cut and ready to go in the refrigerator.
The possibilities to enjoy fruits and vegetables are endless! Make it a priority to add extra fruits and vegetables to your day so your body can reap the rewards.