December 2012 Landowner Oil and Gas Newsletter available
The most recent issue (Dec. 2012) of the landowner Oil and Gas newsletter is now available online through Michigan State University Extension.
Article topics in this issue are:
- Michigan State University Extension oil and gas information website has a new address.
- Department of Environmental Quality list of laboratories that do water testing.
- Land ownership type affects who can negotiate an oil and gas lease.
- Highlights from the Oct. 24, 2012 State of Michigan oil and gas lease auction.
- Southern lower Michigan continues lead in oil and gas drilling activity.
- Compulsory pooling: how the un-leased mineral owner gets paid.
Prior Oil and Gas newsletters and additional information for landowners in negotiating the oil and gas lease, a schedule of upcoming educational meetings, hydraulic fracturing, horizontal drilling, rights of way guidelines and other related information is also available online.