2016 Field Crops Webinar Series scheduled for Monday evenings February 22-March 28
Participants will receive field crop production and pest management highlights to prepare for the 2016 growing season.
Field crop producers and agribusiness professionals who are unable to attend Michigan State University Extension’s traditional winter programs have no need to worry. On Monday evenings from Feb. 22 through March 28, 2016, MSU Extension will offer the 2016 Field Crops Webinar Series, addressing key production points for the coming growing season in a condensed virtual format. These live webinar programs will run from 7-8 p.m. EST and can be viewed independently online over a high-speed Internet connection.
Pre-registration is required for all participants at $15 for the full series of six webinars or $5 per individual webinar session. One MDARD Pesticide Recertification Credit will be available through each event for application to the Private Core, Commercial Core or Field Crops categories.
- Feb. 22, Overcoming Weed Management Challenges in 2016 - Christy Sprague, MSU
- Feb. 29, Field Crop Disease Management Update - Martin Chilvers, MSU
- March 7, Forage Improvement on a Budget - Kim Cassida, MSU
- March 14, Nutrient Management Research in Field Crops - Kurt Steinke, MSU
- March 21, Evaluating Insecticide Seed Treatments - Chris DiFonzo, MSU
- March 28, Cover Crop Termination Strategies - Mike Plumer, Conservation Ag Consultant
MSU Extension’s 2016 Field Crops Webinar Series represents a unique opportunity to access the expertise of MSU’s field crop specialists from the comfort of your own home or office. To register for one or more webinar program in the series, visit the Field Crops Webinar Series Event page. Once registered, participants will receive an email containing a link to connect to the webinars.