When a Parent Comes Home Changed: Supporting Your Children Whose Military Parent Has Been Injured
Date: July 15, 2013 - July 16, 2013
Time: 2 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Contact: Kendra Moyses, email@example.com
In this web conference, presenters will discuss:
- How children at different ages perceive and understand the changes in appearance and/or behavior that result from a parent's injury
- Strategies that child care professionals can use to support the young children in their care who have been impacted by parental injury
- Key resources to help in supporting the family of an injured service member Presenter: Julia Yeary, ACSW, LCSW As the Director of Training and Resources for Military Family Projects at ZERO TO THREE, Julia works to establish stronger support for military and veteran families with very young children through training and consultation.
How to Attend the Web Conference:
- No registration is required to attend this event. Simply log on to https://connect.extension.iastate.edu/milfam as a "guest" a few minutes before 2 p.m. on July 16.
- A certificate of attendance will be available for participants who attend the entire live web conference. Instructions for obtaining the certificate will be given at the end of the conference.
- Additional resources and information about this topic have been included on the Learn page at https://learn.extension.org/events/1108 for your information. If you click "Follow this event," you can receive updates as more information is added to the site.
- A recording of the web conference will be available at this site after the session.
- To receive more information after the web conference, you can type your email address into the chat box during the session, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org after the session.
- To learn more about the Child Care concentration of the Military Families Learning Network, please visit http://blogs.extension.org/militaryfamilies/child-care/