Upper Peninsula Dry Bean Producers Meeting
Date: February 19, 2016
Time: 2 - 4:30 p.m.
Location: MSU Upper Peninsula Research and Extension Center, E3774 University Drive, Chatham, MI 49816
Contact: Jim Isleib, email@example.com, 906-387-2530
MSU Extension is holding a meeting for dry bean farmers and other interested people at the MSU Upper Peninsula Research and Extension Center. Two pesticide applicator recertification credits from the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development have been applied for. Speakers will join us from distant locations using the two-way interactive system at Chatham. There is no charge or pre-registration for the meeting, but informal registration is requested.
Please call the Alger County MSU Extension office at 906-387-2530 and leave a message if you are coming.
- Insect issues and insecticides in dry beans Fred Springborn, MSU Extension Field Crops Educator
- Herbicides and weed control issues for dry beans Dr. Christy Sprague, MSU
- Michigan Bean Commission dry bean variety evaluations and white mold control trials - Greg Varner, agronomist, Michigan Bean Commission
- MSU dry bean breeding program developments and breeding for disease resistance Dr. Jim Kelly, MSU
- Michigan dry bean marketing update (tentative) Marketing professional (if available)
- Dry bean roundtable discussion Participating farmers