Upper Peninsula Dry Bean Meeting
Date: March 7, 2014
Time: 1 - 4 p.m.
Location: Fairbanks Township Hall, 11th Rd., Garden, MI, 49835
Contact: Jim Isleib, email@example.com, 906-387-2530
MSU Extension Upper Peninsula Dry Bean Meeting
Friday, March 7, 1 – 4 p.m. Fairbanks Township Hall, 11th Road, Garden, MI (just south of Fayette State Park)
This meeting will consist of presentations including connection by speaker phone and recordings from recent dry bean production meetings in lower Michigan. MSU Extension educator Jim Isleib will be on-site to facilitate discussion by speaker phone with presenters and to operate the projected slide presentations.
- Dry bean insect ID and management, including Western Bean Cutworm, leafhoppers, aphids – Fred Springborn, MSUE Educator (live, by speaker phone)
- Dry bean disease ID and management, including white mold, bacterial blight – Dr. Marty Chilvers, MSU Dept. of Plant, Soil and Microbial Science (recorded presentation)
- Invasive and herbicide resistant weed ID and management – Dr. Christie Sprague, MSU Dept. of Plant, Soil and Microbial Science (either live by speaker phone, or recorded presentation)
- Dry bean market update – Fred Springborn (by speaker phone) or Larry Sprague, Kelly Bean, Breckenridge, MI (by speaker phone)
- Michigan Bean Commission update – Greg Varner and/or Joe Cramer (by speaker phone)
2 MDARD pesticide applicator recertification credits have been requested for this meeting. A final agenda will be provided in the March issue of the MSU Extension “U.P. Ag Connections” newsletter. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Jim Isleib at 906-387-2530 (office), 906-250-9609 (mobile) or firstname.lastname@example.org.