Together at the Table - Eastern UP Local Food Summit
Date: November 7, 2013
Time: 8:30 a.m. - 4:40 p.m.
Location: Lake Superior State University Cisler Center, 650 W. Easterday Ave., Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
Contact: Michelle Walk, 906-635-6368, email@example.com
Together at the Table Recipes for a Sustainable Local Food System Topics to Include:
- Understanding Community Food Systems
- What’s up with The U.P. Food Exchange (UPFE)
- Regional Food Hub Updates
- Local Food Panel Discussions – Overcoming Barriers and Results
- Future Plans at the MSU U.P. Research &Extension; Center
- Breakout Discussions on Local Food Issues
- Latest News from the MI Dept. of Ag & Rural Dev. (MDARD)
Keynote Speaker: Ken Meter, Crossroads Institute
Ken Meter is one of the most experienced food system analysts in the U.S., integrating market analysis, business development, systems thinking, and social concerns. As president of Crossroads Resource Center in Minneapolis, Meter holds 42 years of experience in inner-city and rural community capacity building. He will discuss his recently completed report of the Upper Peninsula. Register at www.upfoodexchange.com.
The event has been approved for 3 Master Citizen Planner Credits.