Thumb Dairy Odyssey Days - Messing Dairy
Date: May 7, 2016
Time: 10 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Location: 811 McTaggart Rd. Bad Axe, MI 48413
Contact: Marianne Buza, 989-269-9949, firstname.lastname@example.org
This hands-on youth program teaches young people about the dairy industry, introduces youth to career options in agriculture, and strengthens skills used in FFA and 4-H competitions.
- Youth ages 9-19 interested in learning about the dairy industry
- Farm kids, city kids, country kids, FFA and 4-H members
- All skill and knowledge levels
- A hands-on day full of fun and prizes
- FFA students to further develop judging knowledge and improve ability to compete in skills contests
- 4-H members to improve fair competition skills and animal science knowledge
- Preparing youth to participate in:
- Dairy Days
- Local County Fair
Grab a friend and come join the fun!
811 McTaggart Rd. Bad Axe, MI 48413
Calf Care: Discover how to get your calf off to a good start with nutrition and animal husbandry.
Showmanship: Learn the finer points of showmanship and displaying your animal’s best traits. Find out what judges look for in you and your animal.
Technology: What can technology do on a dairy farm today? Witness robotic milkers and automatic calf feeders in action.
June 4, 2016
9393 Canboro Rd. Sebewaing, MI 48759
Dairy Judging: How to evaluate cows and heifers based on conformation and why. Tips will help you choose a fair animal.
Genetics: Explore traits and information farmers use when evaluating genetics.
Dairy Management Challenge: Identify and learn about dairy tools, breeds, feedstuffs and more in this fun, interactive activity.
July 9, 2016
3364 Mushroom Rd. Snover, MI 48472
Nutrition: Investigate a cow’s stomach, what ingredients make up her feed and why.
Reproduction and Breeding: Learn tools used in animal breeding and explore the reproductive tract.
Cow Comfort and Wellbeing: Find out all that dairy farmers do keep to their cows comfortable and content.