Thumb Dairy Odyssey Days
Date: June 17, 2017
Time: 10 a.m. - 2:30 p.m., registration starts 9:30 a.m.
Location: 2647 E Caro Rd, Caro, MI 48723
Contact: Marianne Buza, 989-269-9949, email@example.com
This hands-on youth program teaches young people about the dairy industry, introduces youth to career options in agriculture, and strengthens skills used in FFA and 4-H competitions.
- Youth ages 9-19 interested in learning about the dairy industry
- Farm kids, city kids, country kids, FFA and 4-H members
- All skill and knowledge levels
- A hands-on day full of fun and prizes
- FFA students to further develop judging knowledge and improve ability to compete in skills contests
- 4-H members to improve fair competition skills and animal science knowledge
- Preparing youth to participate in:
- Dairy Days
- Local County Fair
Grab a friend and come join the fun!
Rain or Shine!
Paramount Enterprises Dairy
Showmanship: Learn the finer points of showmanship and displaying your animal’s best traits. Find out what judges look for in you and your animal.
Fitting: Discover some of the details of getting your cow ready to show.
Vaccines: Animal health is important to farms of all size. Learn about what can be done to improve animal health.
June 24, 2017
Prime Land Farms
7442 Toppin Rd, Harbor Beach, MI 48441
How milk is made: Discover how a cow produces milk inside the udder. See how the milk is then extracted from the udder.
Hoof health: Explore hoof trimming and how dairy farms maintain hoof health.
Crossbreeding: Learn about the genetics and advantages behind crossbreeding cattle.
If you are not a 4-H member please bring this form with you.