The Cottage Food Law & Beyond
Date: May 3, 2012
Location: 1 State Road, Newaygo, Mich.
The Michigan Cottage Food Law, enacted in 2010, allows individuals to manufacture, store and sell certain types of foods in an unlicensed home kitchen.
This program will help clarify:
- What these types of foods are.
- How much money you are allowed to make under this law.
- How you must label and sell your products.
- Food safety issues in food preparation.
- Marketing tools maximizing your chances of success.
- Next steps.
- Other resources available.
The event will take place May 3, 2012. Pre-registration is available for $5 and ends on May 1. Cost after the deadline or at the door is $10.