Smart Pollinators Conference Healthy Gardens Buzz with Bees and Beneficials!
Date: August 8, 2015
Time: 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Location: Kent/MSU Extension 775 Ball Avenue, NE Grand Rapids 49503
Contact: Ginny Wanty at 775 Ball NE in Grand Rapids, MI 49503, 616-632-7873 or email@example.com
Saturday, Aug. 8, 2015
8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
775 Ball Avenue, NE
Grand Rapids 49503
Cost: $65.00 per participant
(Includes: lunch, refreshments and handouts)
Although some insects might be considered pests, an even greater number are essential to our food supply and the environment. Learn how you can identify, create habitat for and nurture the world’s largest workforce—-Pollinators and Beneficial insects.
- An introduction to the wide range of bee species that inhabit gardens—recognizing bees, wasps and other pollinators
- Common predators and parasitoids in the yard and garden
- Bee ecology and habitat, the right plants and gardening for bees
- The buzz on bees-bee decline; Fact vs. Fiction
- Outdoor lab—hands-on field experience
Rebecca Finneran, MSU Extension Educator
Dr. Rufus Isaacs, Department of Entomology, Michigan State University
Dr. Jason Gibbs, Department of Entomology, Michigan State University
Dr. Dave Smitley, Department of Entomology, Michigan State University
Amy Heilman, MSU Extension Master Gardener, Native Plant Expert and Landscape Design
Class is limited to 60 Participants
Your seat is not reserved until balance is paid in full.
Cancellation Policy: No refunds within 7 days of the event. Substitutions allowed.
Enrollment Deadline is July 27, 2015 or until full. Registration at the door is not available.