Smart Choice for Health Insurance Workshop
Date: February 12, 2015
Time: 1 - 3 p.m.
Location: United Lifestyles, 701 South Greenville West Drive, Suite 1, Greenville, MI
Contact: Brenda Long, 616-527-5257, email@example.com
This comprehensive, research-based, unbiased educational workshop equips consumers with the tools they need to make the best possible decision when navigating issues involving the Affordable Care Act, the health insurance marketplace and how to choose a health insurance plan that makes sense for themselves and their families. The workshop is free but registration is required.
With the help of the Smart Choice for Health Insurance curriculum consumers will be able to answer the three important questions when making a Smart Choice health insurance decision:
- Why do I need health insurance?
- Why is it important?
- What do I need and want?
- What are my choices?
- How much will it cost?
- How much can I afford?
The Smart Choice workshop offers tools to give people confidence and help them build their smart shopping skills.
Through Smart Choice, participants will find tools they can use, such as:
- Definitions you will need to understand health insurance
- Sample insurance plans to show how insurance plan information will look
- Case studies to help illustrate how individuals in certain situations assess their health insurance needs
- Worksheets to help you make your own Smart Choice insurance purchasing decision. Worksheets include My Health Insurance Needs; My Health Insurance Plan Comparison; My Monthly Spending Plan
For more on MSU Extension’s efforts to educate consumers, small business owners, farmers and others on the Affordable Care Act and health insurance options, visit the Affordable Care Act Road Map.