Small, Organic & Direct Market Producers Workshop
Date: April 28, 2015
Time: 5:00-8:30 p.m.
Location: Michigan State University Extension office, 20 Care Dr., Hillsdale, MI 49242
Contact: Lucas Gabbard, email@example.com
- Agenda 5:00 – 5:20
- Registration & Refreshments 5:20 – 5:30
- Welcome & Introductions 5:30 – 6:00
- Jeannie Nichols – Cottage Food Law 6:00 – 6:30
- Vicki Morrone – Soil Health & Inputs 6:30 – 7:00
- Phillip Tocco – On Farm Food Safety 7:00 – 7:30
- Beth Clawson – Composting 7:30 – 8:00
- Lucas Gabbard - Pesticide, & Nutrient Storage & handling 8:00 – 8:30
- Lucas Gabbard - RTF, GAAMP’s & MAEAP
Are you an Organic farmer? Do you produce farm products for direct sale? Are you interested in composting your garden wastes? Are you interested in starting or growing your Cottage Food Industry? Do you want to expand your small farm operation? Are you concerned about the environment? Do you care about the safety of your Food and Water? Are you unfamiliar with Right to Farm or the Generally Accepted Agricultural Management Practices (GAAMP’s)? Are you interested in soil health? If you answered yes, then the Small, Organic, and Direct Market Producers Workshop is for you! Several MSU Extension educators will be presenting.