Serv Safe certification - Escanaba, Mich.
Date: May 9, 2012
Location: MSU Extension Office, 2840 College Avenue, Escanaba, Mich.
All courses are presented by certified ServSafe instructors. Participants must complete the entire course and answer at least 75 percent of the examination questions correctly to earn certification.
The 16 hour ServSafe course is designed to give any food service industry employee a working knowledge in the changes to the Michigan Food Code and the principles and practices of proper food sanitation and application of HACCP.
Who should attend this class?
Managers who work at:
- institutional settings like school cafeterias, nursing home dining halls, etc.
- public events where food is prepared and served
- kitchens operated by churches, civic groups and other nonprofit organizations
- Introduction to food safety
- Overview of foodborne microorganisms and allergens
- Personal hygiene
- Purchasing, receiving and storing
- Preparation, cooking and serving
- Facilities, cleaning and sanitizing and pest management
- Employee food safety training
For more information and registration details visit MSU Extension.