School of Packaging Short Courses
Date: November 12, 2018 - November 16, 2018
Location: MSU School of Packaging, 448 Wilson Rd., East Lansing, MI 48824
Contact: Cimberly Weir, 517-353-6797
This three-day workshop offers full insight in all aspects of food packaging to reduce food waste including function, materials, systems and processes, basic principles and commercial status of selected conventional and advanced packaging technologies, distribution, food security, packaging trends and more! You will leave this course better prepared to implement functional design elements and sustainability practices to your company’s packaging and related operations.
Cost: $1695.00 per person, includes one dinner and three lunches
Food Packaging Basics Course - Sample Topics:
- Materials in Food Packaging
- Packaging Strategies to prevent food waste-Conventional Packaging
- Packaging for Fast Moving Goods
- Virtual Design Tools for Food Packaging
- Brand Protection and Packaging
- Packaging Strategies to Prevent Food Waste-Advanced Packaging
- Food Packaging Trends
- Using Packaging to Communicate Brand
- Distribution Dynamics and Supply Chain
- Machinery in Food Packaging
- Plastics Processing for Food Packaging
Date: November 15-16, 2018
This is a 2-day intensive course on active packaging. It includes lectures, discussions, and hands-on laboratory sessions on different types of active packaging including antimicrobial, oxygen-removing, antioxidant, humidity-regulating, ethylene-removing, light-absorbing, and fragrance-releasing packaging.
Enrollments have just opened for November 15 and 16, 2018. The course will be offered in English and Spanish if there is demand for both languages.
Prepare for an immersive learner-centric experience as you discover the possible ways active packaging may improve your business!
Cost: $1995.00 per person, includes one dinner and two lunches
Sample Course Topics:
- and more!
A block of rooms will be available at a group rate at the East Lansing Marriott. Book your room here.