Stress Less With Mindfulness
Date: September 18, 2018 - October 9, 2018
Time: 6:30 - 7:30 p.m.
Location: MSU Extension Learning Center; 220. W. Ellsworth St. #339, Midland, MI 48640
Contact: Sean Knurek, 989-832-6713
A 4-week series that introduces adults to the experience and practice of mindfulness to reduce stress. (Note: This is a five-week series that will be condensed into four weeks).
In this FREE introduction to the practice of mindfulness to reduce stress, participants will learn:
- Awareness of mindful breathing, eating, and moving
- Increased flexibility in responding to stress
- The power of acceptance, self-compassion and gratitude
- To gain perspective on negative thoughts, sensations, worries
- The physical, mental and social benefits of laughter
- Self-care skills to feel better and find more enjoyment in life